Barcelona Luggage Drop Off Pre Cruise

tedbearz

Thanks!

What's the approximate process when you come back to the port after sightseeing after having dropped your bags off? Do you have to go through check-in again or can you just board with your seapass? How much time should we allocate for the process?

Thanks!

What's the approximate process when you come back to the port after sightseeing after having dropped your bags off? Do you have to go through check-in again or can you just board with your seapass? How much time should we allocate for the process?

We've always have been able to just board if the boarding process has started and we were already checked in and had our seapass card. You have to be back at least 30 minutes prior to sailing, just as if it was a port stop, if one is already checked in. We typically come back on at least an hour before and have done this quite a few times in many ports including Barcelona several times.

You do have to go through security check again so should allow extra time for that but if returning later in the day that shouldn't be very busy as most people tend to board early.

• 2 weeks later...

So glad to see that my first question has already been asked and answered here! Thank you. We are in a similar situation as we will be arriving in Barcelona on 26 May 18 as we disembark from the Disney Magic EBTA and then board the Vision OTS the same day. I am not sure how far apart the two ships will be docked, but if we can drop our luggage by 10 am we want to head for the Sagrada Familia by noon. My problem however is what do we do with our electronics (iPads, tablets etc) since I would prefer not to have to carry them around Barcelona in a backpack!

Are there any lockers available at the port?

Many thanks in advance.

So glad to see that my first question has already been asked and answered here! Thank you. We are in a similar situation as we will be arriving in Barcelona on 26 May 18 as we disembark from the Disney Magic EBTA and then board the Vision OTS the same day. I am not sure how far apart the two ships will be docked, but if we can drop our luggage by 10 am we want to head for the Sagrada Familia by noon. My problem however is what do we do with our electronics (iPads, tablets etc) since I would prefer not to have to carry them around Barcelona in a backpack!

Are there any lockers available at the port?

Many thanks in advance.

I don't recall seeing any lockers at the port.

Last year, we gave our luggage to the porters and then headed back to the taxi rank and head for the Gothic Quarter.

There is pick-pockets so you do need to be wary but there is in all major European cities.

There are no lockers to leave stuff at the ports but just give to the porters and enjoy your day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any good supermarkets nearby the cruise terminal like a Aldi, Carrefour, etc to pickup food/drinks not available on the ship?

Not walking distance from the port, but there is a Carrefour up Las Ramblas about a mile, very close to the Boqueria market and the Liceu metro stop.

There is also a duty free shop inside the terminal with water and wine and some other items.

You might be able to drop your bags even prior to 10 am but no check-in by that time. Check-in might start by 10 or 10:30 am. So if you are early, drop your bags and do the check-in when you return.

There´s a shuttle bus going to the Columbus column at the foot of La Rambla. It´s 4 Euro roundtrip or 3 Euro single ride.

There are no lockers in the terminal buildings. So no way to leave your carry on with any valuable in it.

There are no supermarkets any close by. There is one at La Rambla (from the column on the right side, maybe 5 min walking). But that´s a small one. You can buy water or wine in the terminal building for a reasonable price.

steamboats