Name Change

tiffy0428

Hello all,

Now before y'all start cursing me out NO I have not contacted carnival yet as I am at work and I can't leave my class to make the call.

Now this is for anyone who have ever experienced this.

My mom boyfriend just found out that he can't go on the cruise. He is booked in the room with my nephew. The room is not 100 % paid for yet. My nephew is only 14 so of course he can't check in on his own. My question is can I change the name. I will call carnival myself when I get out of work but I am trying to see if anyone else been through this.

Depending on what price structure you booked under, you may be able to change the name by paying a $50 fee or similar, plus any additional costs of the cabin booking price has gone up - effectively cancelling & refunding the old booking and making a new one.

But it depends on how you booked: Early Saver vs Past Guest vs I don't know what else is offered.

Not going to cuss you out :D :halo:

You may be able to simply change the name. If you booked Early Saver, you will be charged the 50.00 fee. If it's Super Saver or Pack n Go...completely non-refundable. So, with Carnival, it will depend on what rate/offer the cabin was booked under.

Good luck!

Am I reading this right. You Mom has a single room. Your Mom's boyfriend is in another room, with the kid. When you get on the ship, the boyfriend sneaks out of the kid's room to the Mom's room (;)) and the kid gets a private room to party in. Now, the boyfriend, decides he doesn't want to go (interesting) and you are left with two rooms but one of them can't be booked alone. What a dilemma. I guess it looks like one of the rooms need to be canceled, and the other will be Mom and son, and Mom will be sad w/o boyfriend, and son will be sad, because no teen wants to party with Mom?

I think you need more info to supply, or wild stories like this will pop into everyone's brain. :cool:

Am I reading this right. You Mom has a single room. Your Mom's boyfriend is in another room, with the kid. When you get on the ship, the boyfriend sneaks out of the kid's room to the Mom's room (;)) and the kid gets a private room to party in. Now, the boyfriend, decides he doesn't want to go (interesting) and you are left with two rooms but one of them can't be booked alone. What a dilemma. I guess it looks like one of the rooms need to be canceled, and the other will be Mom and son, and Mom will be sad w/o boyfriend, and son will be sad, because no teen wants to party with Mom?

I think you need more info to supply, or wild stories like this will pop into everyone's brain. :cool:

Curious minds want to know...LOL I'm thinking she is going to go in her mom's BF place....just based on her cruise history. Stay tuned...lol

• 4 weeks later...
Not going to cuss you out :D :halo:

You may be able to simply change the name. If you booked Early Saver, you will be charged the 50.00 fee. If it's Super Saver or Pack n Go...completely non-refundable. So, with Carnival, it will depend on what rate/offer the cabin was booked under.

Good luck!

Some say....if you booked ES...NO NAME CHANGE ALLOWED...some say...YES....anybody know what it is?

am i reading this right. You mom has a single room. Your mom's boyfriend is in another room, with the kid. When you get on the ship, the boyfriend sneaks out of the kid's room to the mom's room (;)) and the kid gets a private room to party in. Now, the boyfriend, decides he doesn't want to go (interesting) and you are left with two rooms but one of them can't be booked alone. What a dilemma. I guess it looks like one of the rooms need to be canceled, and the other will be mom and son, and mom will be sad w/o boyfriend, and son will be sad, because no teen wants to party with mom?

:)

:):):)

NAME CHANGES

A name change is the cancellation of one guest and the addition of a new guest on a booking. An original guest must remain on the booking, otherwise, this is considered a full stateroom cancellation and applicable cancellation penalties will be assessed to the original guests; new guests will be subject to prevailing cruise and air rates.

Please note: Carnival reserves the right to impose restrictions on name changes based on special circumstances at a sailing level.

For bookings that do not include airfare booked through Carnival, and not booked under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, there is no charge for a name change.

*Restricted and Non-Refundable fares include the following but not limited to these promotions: Early Saver, Pack & Go, Super Saver, etc.

If your booking is made under a restricted/non-refundable fare*, please check the Terms and Conditions of the specific promotion to see if name changes are permitted. If name changes are not allowed, the original guest will be subject to a non-refundable deposit (or full fare) or applicable cancellation penalties. An additional deposit will be required for the new guest.

The following name change guidelines pertain to bookings that include Carnival's Fly2Fun Flexible Air and Restricted Air:

• If you have booked Fly2Fun Flexible Air and it is outside of the penalty period, there is no fee for a name change; the new guest will need to purchase a new air ticket at prevailing rates.
  • If you have booked Fly2Fun Flexible Air and it is within penalty period, the original guest is subject to applicable cancellation penalties (plus a $200 service fee if within 60 days prior to sailing); the new guest will need to purchase a new air ticket at prevailing rates.
  • If you have booked Fly2Fun Restricted Air, at the time of booking, the air is non-refundable; the new guest will need to purchase a new air ticket at prevailing rates.

To make a name change or to find out the exact fees that would be charged on your booking to do the change, please give us a call at 1-800-438-6744 and our Guest Services team will be more than happy to assist. Please note, if you are booked through a travel agency, you will need to contact your travel professional for assistance.

Some say....if you booked ES...NO NAME CHANGE ALLOWED...some say...YES....anybody know what it is?

If you look at the details regarding the Early Saver rates, it says no name change. So technically you would have to cancel one person (and loose $50 for that person) and then rebook another person.

Regardless of their published rules, Carnival routinely allows name changes on Early Saver bookings - for a $50 fee.

I’ve done it as have thousands of others.

This was our experience within the last few months. We originally booked our upcoming cruise (Early Saver) with another family. The four kids (one is ours, three are theirs) were going to be in their own cabin, plus two more for us parents. A few months ago, they cancelled on us. Since we booked ES, our PVP had to cancel the kids' cabin (and obviously the other adult cabin), then re-book our son into his own. We had to pay the $50 fee for him (made them cover their own damn penalties) and had to pay the current fare for our son, which was higher than the original booking. We later added a friend to our son's cabin without any problems.

Hello all,

Now before y'all start cursing me out NO I have not contacted carnival yet as I am at work and I can't leave my class to make the call.

Now this is for anyone who have ever experienced this.

My mom boyfriend just found out that he can't go on the cruise. He is booked in the room with my nephew. The room is not 100 % paid for yet. My nephew is only 14 so of course he can't check in on his own. My question is can I change the name. I will call carnival myself when I get out of work but I am trying to see if anyone else been through this.

I changed names recently. My daughter is going with me instead of my hubby. I went to edit and changed name on the booking and there was no charge. I wasnt paid off yet either.

Regardless of their published rules, Carnival routinely allows name changes on Early Saver bookings - for a $50 fee.

I’ve done it as have thousands of others.

The $50 is most likely the same “fee” you pay if you cancel a Early Saver booking and then rebook a new cruise. So technically it is not a name change that you are paying for. You are paying the Early Saver cancellation penalty.

Isn't it ... the mom & child booked (in name only) in 1 cabin and mom's boyfriend & nephew (in name only) in 2nd cabin.

Once on board ... mom & nephew in 1 cabin & mom & boyfriend in 2nd cabin. Makes more sense to me.