Celebrity Reflection - Specialty Restaurants?

Noreen411

Hi

We’ll be going on our first Celebrity cruise on Celebrity Reflection.

I want to make sure I understand the different specialty restaurants

Tuscan Grille - open for dinner only? Steak house

Murano - open for dinner only? French food

QSine - open for dinner only? Interesting spin on food kind of like tapas

Lawn Club Grille - Open for Lunch and Dinner? Is Lunch only on sea days? Grilled meats

The Porch - Is this open for both lunch and dinner? Sea days only for lunch? Seafood?

Sushi on Five - dinner only? Sushi

Luminae - regular dining room for breakfast/lunch/dinner. Is it only open for lunch when at sea?

Is there anything I should make sure not to miss? Either specialty restaurants or even at the specialty restaurants a certain dish not to miss?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Noreen

You have most of it right. Lawn Club Grill: burgers for lunch on sea days, grilled meat and seafood for dinner. Did not like the grilled fish, too spicy and not cooked well. Sea food skewers were good. Really like the steaks.

Porch : open for dinner and lunch on sea days. Might be open for lunch on some port days.

Sushi on 5: hours vary. Lunch on sea days and port days vanity. On this cruise they opened at 3:00 on port days. Other oriental foods besides sushi.

Specialty restaurants usually have a special lunch on one sea day.

Luminae is for suite guest s. Blu for aqua class. Like the main dining room, breakfast and dinner. Liminae and mdr open for lunch on sea days.

You have most of it right. Lawn Club Grill: burgers for lunch on sea days, grilled meat and seafood for dinner. Dinner like the grilled fish, too spicy and not cooked well. Sea food skewers were good. Really like the steaks.

Porch : open for dinner and lunch on sea days. Might be open for lunch on some port days.

Sushi on 5: hours vary. Lunch on sea days and port days vanity. On this cruise they opened at 3:00 on port days. Other oriental foods besides sushi.

Specialty restaurants usually have a special lunch on one sea day.

Luminae is for suite guest s. Blu for aqua class. Like the main dining room, breakfast and dinner. Liminae and mdr open for lunch on sea days.

Thank you for the info - any that I shouldn’t miss?

We are in a Royal Suite and were told our regular restaurant is Luminae

I’m trying to figure out what I should book in advance and what we should just wing it once onboard.

Thank you

Obviously you will get all kinds of opinions when it comes to food so take it with a grain of salt...

Luminae is the best restaurant on the ship, since it opened we rarely eat anywhere else. That said, Murano has some great dishes and is worth a visit or two.

The Porch will probably be open on some port days; we really enjoy it those days when Luminae is closed. And also Luminae lunch menu is pretty limited.

I wouldn't bother with Tuscan, I've never had anything there that I thought was half as good as Luminae. I'm not commenting on Lawn Club or Sushi on 5 because I haven't tried them yet.

Being in a suite, luminae is your dining room. Unless you are on a holiday sailing it should not be hard to book a specialty restaurant on board, esp it you are flexible. They really try to accommodate guest in the royal suite. Luminae has a great desset on night 10 if you like chocolate, a chocolate sphere. We are a bit tired of the same 7 day menus, not that they are not good, so we are doing all specialty restaurants this week. We love the Dover sole in murano.

I agree that Luminae is the best. I would just look at the menus once on the ship and then book something else if nothing is appealing. The concierge can usually get you a copy of the menus on the first day.

Tuscan is an Italian Steakhouse so it also has more traditional Italian fare including seafood and pastas. Qsine is best enjoyed with a group.

Murano is the best specialty restaurant and is the one most people go to for special occasions.

It may vary by ship, but if you ask, they can get the MDR menu in Luminae. Towards the end of our only cruise in a sky suite, I asked them to start bring the butter dish from the MRD (three compartments of different toppings).

I also asked for a couple of breadsticks, but only once since their definition of a couple was very different than mine.

I'd also recommend Murano and both the Lobster Murano (tableside preparation) and the Chateaubriand (tableside preparation) are wonderful. The lamb and duck are also favorites. As for dessert, we love the Crepes Ballon Rouge. There's lots a great choices aboard Reflection. I'm sure you'll have an excellent cruise. Enjoy.

I'd also recommend Murano and both the Lobster Murano (tableside preparation) and the Chateaubriand (tableside preparation) are wonderful. The lamb and duck are also favorites. As for dessert, we love the Crepes Ballon Rouge. There's lots a great choices aboard Reflection. I'm sure you'll have an excellent cruise. Enjoy.

Thank you for the tips on great dishes. They all sound good. Maybe I need more than 1 night at Murano.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the tips on great dishes. They all sound good. Maybe I need more than 1 night at Murano.

We usually need more than 1! I forgot the mention the Scallop Wellington appetizer. It's my DH's favorite! In truth, we haven't eaten anything in Murano that we've not enjoyed.:D

Lawn Club Grille is a must for us. On a nice night with the moon out the experience is great. We went to The Lawn Club the first time on Reflection when she first sailed in Europe.

I worked the grill learning how to cook a medium steak for my DW since I can’t do it at home. Had a blast with the team. An added feature may have been that I had the beverage package! 😂

We asked for the menu and had all the restaurant team sign it. Now when we travel on X where they have the Lawn Club Grille we bring the menu with us and have the team sign it. It is funny to see some of them point out

Their names and say that is me and sign it for a second time. They also point out where the others are now who had signed it.

Bottom line it is a great experience! By the way the burger at lunch is FANTASTIC! 🍔

Thank you for all the tips.

I may book Murano for my actual bday in advance; and based on the advice maybe wing it the other nights.

Thank you

If you use the MC concierge to make your reservations they ought to be able to get you in when you want. They really can "open" things up even when the restaurant's staff say they're full. I learned that when i was refused a reservation in Murano then dropped by Michaels and shortly thereafter had my reservation.

If you use the MC concierge to make your reservations they ought to be able to get you in when you want. They really can "open" things up even when the restaurant's staff say they're full. I learned that when i was refused a reservation in Murano then dropped by Michaels and shortly thereafter had my reservation.

That is great to know

Thank you