Will Australia have any Voyager-class ships after 2019??

I have been reading on a Asian ship spotter page that there is talk that Explorer Of The Seas is due to return to Europe in 2019.

I know Voyager of the Seas is not coming back to Australia after this season (This has been mention on here.)

So the question is has the Asian ship spotter page got the Voyager of the Seas & Explorer Of The Seas mixed up?? and are wrong or will Australia after 2019 only have one or two Royal Caribbean ships??

Has anyone heard anything?

I have been reading on a Asian ship spotter page that there is talk that Explorer Of The Seas is due to return to Europe in 2019.

I know Voyager of the Seas is not coming back to Australia after this season (This has been mention on here.)

So the question is has the Asian ship spotter page got the Voyager of the Seas & Explorer Of The Seas mixed up?? and are wrong or will Australia after 2019 only have one or two Royal Caribbean ships??

Has anyone heard anything?

Hi Explorer will be there as far as I can see also Radiance and Ovation

There was a rumour on FB that Quantum OTS was coming down under in 2020 but that was quickly squashed by Royal. However, I cannot imagine them leaving the market open for Carnival, so I think we will get another ship.

On the Sydney cruise schedule there are sailing dates 19/20 season for Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Radiance and Ovation. Maybe named as in holding spaces for whatever RCI decide to send.

On the Sydney cruise schedule there are sailing dates 19/20 season for Voyager of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Radiance and Ovation. Maybe named as in holding spaces for whatever RCI decide to send.

Yes, after those bookings were made RCL announced that they plan the 18/19 season will be the last for Voyager here. But they normally don't give up bookings unless certain they don't need them, so they can slot a replacement into them.

My understanding is Ovation is going to replace Explorer in both Alaskan and Oz cruise seasons. Explorer will do Ovation's Asian repositioning while Ovation does a 2 stage Trans Pacific.

There is speculation about where Explorer will be based after this but as others have said, Radiance and Ovation will be joined by a 3rd ship for the 2019-20 downunda season. We should know more when these sailings are released in the week of 8 April.

RCCL has a habit of locking im port visits/home ports with one ship, then later substituting another. So I don't think the port schedule is the best guide of what's happening.

Explorer is definately going after our summer 2018/2019. Voyager already gone by then so there will be no Voyager class left in Australia for the 2019/2020 summer season.

Radiance and Ovation will be here and I'm pretty confident Royal will add another ship (otherwise it will only be 2 compared to the current 4).

My bet would be that ship will be either Quantum or Spectrum.

Just booked a cruise on Explorer of the Seas. I noticed on RCI site that EOS is going to Southampton for 19/20 season and then to Miami. There is a cruise on their site from Singapore (after relocation cruise from Sydney) to Dubai - Spice cruise. Then nothing on the site for EOS until Barcelona to Southampton. RCI seem to be doing Sydney to Southampton in a few shorter cruises. Interested if they plan on offering a one leg Sydney to Southampton cruise.

Voyager is staying in Asia for 19/20 as well per RCI itineraries.

Explorer is definately going after our summer 2018/2019. Voyager already gone by then so there will be no Voyager class left in Australia for the 2019/2020 summer season.

Radiance and Ovation will be here and I'm pretty confident Royal will add another ship (otherwise it will only be 2 compared to the current 4).

My bet would be that ship will be either Quantum or Spectrum.

There was a rumour about Quantum coming after 2020.

From another thread.

I am not sure if this has been posted yet. Here are the Explorer sailings that go on sale tomorrow. Would Explorer not first just do the Navigator sailings out of Miami, similar to 2018?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2019_2020/2019_20_EX_Deployment_Europe.pdf

Explorer won't be back for season 19-20!

Cruise Critic has picked up on this:

Explorer of the Seas to Leave Australia in 2019

Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas looks likely to leave Australia after the line annnounced it will head to the UK in March and then the Caribbean in November 2019 -- when it would usually start its Australian season.

After completing its next local summer season, the ship is scheduled to leave Sydney on March 29, 2019 on a 46-night repositioning cruise through Asia, the Middle East and Europe, to be offered in four sectors....

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=8480

We could always look on the bright side - maybe more Princess or Carnival ships could fill the gap left in the market?

Or NCL, Disney, Celebrity, MSC - the mind boggles ...... why do we need RCCL to continue the level of ships they currently have here?

Princess & Carnival are my first choices as they operate with AUD 🧐

Which brings us back to the thread about the Genting colossus being rumoured for Aus, do we need Qantum Class to replace Voyager Class ships anyway? (this will be a 50/50 call [emoji851])

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gone permanently I suppose. May be the reason why the Brisbane terminal has lost interest from RCL.

At the moment we can only see 2 RCCL ships in Australia in 2019 as it seems Ovation and Radiance are doing the Downunder / Alaska dance. Dare we safely assume that another ship will do the Asian / Australasian sector.

If not there is a significant downsizing of RCCL Australuan operations.

All speculation until our 19-20 itineraries are anounced 2nd week in April.

At the moment we can only see 2 RCCL ships in Australia in 2019 as it seems Ovation and Radiance are doing the Downunder / Alaska dance. Dare we safely assume that another ship will do the Asian / Australasian sector.

If not there is a significant downsizing of RCCL Australuan operations.

All speculation until our 19-20 itineraries are anounced 2nd week in April.

Given they have been advertising Spectrum as being designed for Asia/Pacific I would be fairly confident we will be seeing it for summer 19/20.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Given they have been advertising Spectrum as being designed for Asia/Pacific I would be fairly confident we will be seeing it for summer 19/20.

That would be okay but another rather large ship. Would be good if we had another ship like the Radiance as well.

Would that be Speculation of the Seas? :D

Cheers [emoji482]

Mick

I suppose time will tell what will happen with the ship placements. Goes to show you cannot be complacent, if the cruise lines are not making enough money or they consider that they can make more money by moving the ship, they will go elsewhere.