Breakaway still in port, 7pm

Zenica

It’s surprising that there hasn’t been an announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point...Usually they will hand out a letter when you board informing you of late departure, general reason why and expected departure time. This happened (received letter) on 2 other lines I've cruised on.

We didn’t hear of any damage during the week. The worst thing we’re the random biohazard spots that needed attention. 🤮 I know they tied down our loungers, chairs and table on our balcony on Friday and the upper decks were closed from Friday on. I read that strong currents in the river are causing the delay. You should be off soon, it gives you a chance to explore the ship before leaving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They made a vague announcement at 5 for a delay which was by then self evident and that we’d depart by 6.

No explanation given for delay and no announcement after 6 came and went

Okay, crisis over. Now, go put your electronics away and start enjoying the cruise (which we all wish we were on with you, late or not). :)

Rough river current & waves inside NY Bay is nothing compared to the Atlantic for a mega ship. Just looked at latest NWS marine forecast: 10' to 20' waves sailing south thru Tuesday ... Oceanweather's colorful charts with same basic projections, storm remnants do lingered for days. High tide might be a factor, out of safety consideration to time the sail ... or, could be delay due to clusters or groups of pax booked via NCL's Air program due to transport recovery. Or, doing extra safety & maintenance on ship's mechanical systems.

Across NY/MA region, post-storm recovery in full swing, areas still awaiting utility crews available to be dispatched to respond to isolated areas with down wires and power outage >>> possible lost of heating systems & simple things like a hot shower ... More serious first world problems that some folks have to deal with.

Meanwhile, eyes on another "potential" Nor-Easter this Tuesday night into Wednesday, not a big one at this point, just good old wind, rain, snow and waves/storm surge, etc. Gem is on her way to homeport in NYC, scheduled to be back from another Caribbean run with a turnaround.

BA just gone past VZ Bridge on live webcam & other streaming video links - an evening sailing is great for that rare nightime view of the Statue of Liberty. Happy cruising & bon voyage.

Is it wrong that I wouldn't mind a delay in our embarkation in a few weeks on the Breakaway to see the NY landscape at night? ...

Views like these from our balcony were special & beautiful ... if you like it, bring a good digital camera.

Odds for calling on GSC this week doesn't look good.

edf6d1cede762149789ec225b3a80f68.jpg

Sent via dual sim KIW-L24 Honor 5X using Tapatalk

I loved Robert in the Garden Cafe bar outside. Can someone ask him if he’s on Facebook my family wanted to keep in touch with him? Our Breakaway cruise was so rough last week and makes us sad that we couldn’t enjoy the boat and the Bahamas more.....

I loved Robert in the Garden Cafe bar outside. Can someone ask him if he’s on Facebook my family wanted to keep in touch with him? Our Breakaway cruise was so rough last week and makes us sad that we couldn’t enjoy the boat and the Bahamas more.....

I agree, although we made ourselves do things to forget about the roughness. 37 foot waves on Friday.............