Unlimited laundry on the KDam

luvn2cruzzz

Used the unlimited laundry on the K'dam on our 21 day trip Nov '17. It was great! $7.00 per day charged for each segment, so 1st 10 day segment was 70.00 and second 11 day segment was 77.00. Gave bags to the room steward whenever we wanted and got the back usually the same day or early the next day. Neatly folded or pressed and hung on hangars. This does not include dry cleaning at that price. This is a great deal and cuts down on suitcases and clothes are clean when we get home. Wife loves that!

If you don't have that much to do on your sailing, you can do the "stuff a bag" at 20.00 each. You have to figure out what works best for you

Europe is more expensive virtually all ways. The Caribbean is a much less expensive place to operate.

I've known about the price difference for quite some time. The OP raises an interesting question: WHY is it more expensive in Europe? I would love to be educated on what makes it more expensive to do laundry on a ship in Europe. Anybody?

Everything is more expensive. Food prices, fuel prices, port prices, trash fees, water costs. You name it. They recover that cost by charging across all categories. Not just by raising the basic cruise fare.

Standard business practices.

By the way, it wan't the OP who raised this question.

Do they still do the "all you can fit in the bag" deals in Europe?

I don't think Dad and I would use the daily, but we will want to send out some things for cleaning about half-way through (Koningsdam/Baltic/September).

Cheers,

Deb

Rather than start a new thread on the subject....

Can anyone clarify if the "$20 Bag" of laundry can be done at ANY time....or is it only offered on a specific day as on other lines we've sailed with??

Asking, as we will be on a land vacation for a week BEFORE the cruise....it would be a good option to fill a bag on day 2-3 and not having to wait until its offered toward the end of the cruise.

Knowing this would help cut down on packing...and determine if we need to wash a load at the hotel before we board.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :)

Do they still do the "all you can fit in the bag" deals in Europe?

Absolutely. Every ship, every itinerary. Most every day.

The only exception to the every day rule that I have seen is when a ship is navigating the Amazon, and sufficient fresh water is hard to come by. There is a moratorium on laundry then.

Can anyone clarify if the "$20 Bag" of laundry can be done at ANY time....or is it only offered on a specific day as on other lines we've sailed with??

Asking, as we will be on a land vacation for a week BEFORE the cruise....it would be a good option to fill a bag on day 2-3 and not having to wait until its offered toward the end of the cruise.

The fill-a-bag option is available every day (see my post above).

You can even send a bag out the day you board, if you want to. Just leave it on the bed when you head to dinner that first night, and the steward will take it when he comes for turn-down service. You should have it back the next day, since it seems not too many people send a bag the first night.

The fill-a-bag option is available every day (see my post above).

You can even send a bag out the day you board, if you want to. Just leave it on the bed when you head to dinner that first night, and the steward will take it when he comes for turn-down service. You should have it back the next day, since it seems not too many people send a bag the first night.

THANKS SO MUCH, RUTH!

That will make some folks in my party VERY happy! HAHA!

Appreciate the quick reply!!

:)

One thing to add to the laundry question and the very excellent answer by Ruth, there is a close off close towards the end of the cruise when you can send out laundry. (They need to make sure you get it back for packing). Usually a couple of days before the end of your cruise, but that is just my experience.

Everything is more expensive. Food prices, fuel prices, port prices, trash fees, water costs. You name it. They recover that cost by charging across all categories. Not just by raising the basic cruise fare.

Standard business practices.

By the way, it wan't the OP who raised this question.

Good catch. Thought it was the OP. I was wrong.