Live - Adventure Finds A Way - 3/10/18

Food!

Well you already know I was loyal to the Main Dining Room the entire cruise, a decision I do not regret. I have dined at Chops and Jamie’s more times this last year than I care to remember. It was absolutely fantastic to get back to into the MDR and enjoy all the old classics I had been missing.

Having traditional seating and a consistent wait team, our group was able to sit down every night to a huge spread of shrimp cocktail, escargot, fruit/cheese plates and even special dinner rolls (Jenny loves her cheesy bread) before even opening a menu. I also didn’t actually order one time, every night our waiter (Dnyani) brought me what he thought I would enjoy and I was never disappointed.

Our group also turned our section of the MDR into a party section, breaking out into song and dance on many occasions. So the dinner experience this cruise might just be one of the highlights of our time onboard.

We we never on the ship for lunch and Windjammer breakfast is, well Windjammer breakfast. Serves it’s purpose, but breakfast is the one time I really did miss the Coastal Kitchen experience. I will say lines in the Windjammer were never long and our large group never had a problem securing a table. The refresh of this space was also very well done. A very bright and airy feeling throughout.

I should note that I did do a pre-dinner snack in Izumi twice during the week and I very much enjoyed the rolls I ordered. The wait staff in Izumi were extremely friendly and efficient, although the ambiance of dining there definitely is diminished by being smack in the middle of the Promenade.

Oh and how could I forget. Pizza in the Cafe Promenade...we only missed one day (or I guess night, or really early morning), but dare I say it blew Sorrento’s pizza on Harmony and Anthem out the water! Whatever you are doing Royal, keep on trucking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entertainment!

As I said already, I didn’t attend one show besides an impersonator (Jeff Tracta) who was very good, but was performing the night my body began to shut down on me. So I retreated to my room to get under the covers as my body experienced the chills, a fever and then the awful sweating once it broke. Left that out of the live review, just mentioned the sunburn! [emoji6]

I will say the Cruise Director, Mercedes, was definitely present around the ship, but there were not a whole lot of opportunities to interact with her given the lack of any real ship time. So I cannot truly comment on her abilities as CD.

1d78787bdd89d1ff8e26e58e6fc39535.jpg

That said, her assistant Dani, was absolute fire. Tons of personality and an epic dance leader. If any of you have sailed with Bernardo (I had him on Empress and Anthem) they are best friends and very similar individuals.

c8e6a324bfd3920f9665d833adf3b2a9.jpg

Now you know we spent a lot of time in the club. So I should talk about DJ Mosfine. Eh...he was just really less fine. I’ll give him a few stars though, because our group gave him a playlist night two, which he proceeded to play every night when things on the dance floor died down. DJ Mosfine, you’re welcome!

Itinerary!

Just unreal. Every stop had such a unique vibe and offered a different type of experience. It was almost as if we felt like we traveled thousands of miles and not less than a hundred in many instances.

I will say, that I’m over organized shore tours. Getting out there, renting Jeeps and ATVs and just getting lost and finding hidden gems made this trip fan-freaking-tastic.

Driving through the little towns, speaking with the locals when we got lost, heck even enjoying the local radio stations, just all added to the feeling that we were immersing ourselves in the culture.

Standouts of the week. Enjoying the endless green mountainscapes of St. Lucia and the bluest of blue waters in Antigua.

Public Service Announcement...chances of getting car sick in St. Lucia are extremely high. The windy narrow roads along with the dramatic elevation changes are recipe for disaster. I was spared as I was riding shotgun, but every time I turned around one less person was left sitting vertical. [emoji51]

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

Sounds like fun. Sailed on the Explorer 5 years ago. Looking forward to seeing what Adventure has to offer in August! Bahamas here we come. Never been. All this snow this month in Jersey.. cant wait for blue water! Thanks for the fun recap.

Rick...thanks for the shotgun ride of you ADVENTURE! Great !!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Rick, thank you so much for sharing your Adventures! We board this ship in 31 days and have loved seeing what you enjoyed on the same itinerary. We can't wait to be on this cruise!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

My Squad!

From the deepest place in my heart, I say “thank you!” You have provided me with ten days of memories that, as I sit here, I find hard to believe will ever be topped. However, I know we aren’t quitters and we will do everything in our power to have an absolute blast trying to outdo ourselves on the next one.

I love each and everyone of you crazy people and I could not ask for a better group of individuals to explore this planet with. Finding like minded people that understand and appreciate each other while allowing for each person to be themselves unapologetically is worth more than any possession I have.

You are truly friends that have become family and because of that you will have my respect and loyalty always.

Now someone plan the next one!

Thought it was appropriate to take it all the way back to when we set the tone for this trip. Also, the dinosaur...so how could I not!?

14448fad75959f8cc2d5ac942dbb730d.jpg

Señor Frogs...you and your open bar haven’t seen the last of us!

Sounds like fun. Sailed on the Explorer 5 years ago. Looking forward to seeing what Adventure has to offer in August! Bahamas here we come. Never been. All this snow this month in Jersey.. cant wait for blue water! Thanks for the fun recap.

I would love to get on one of the Bahamas sailings this summer. Although, I wish they would have the Adventure on a Bermuda run as well.

Great summary of a great week. Thanks. I'd love to be on a ship with you guys some time though I doubt I could keep up. :)

You never know where we will pop up! Thanks for always following along and participating. See you on the next one!

Awesome review of everything. I agree that the Voyager class are the perfect size and am looking forward to Adventure moving to NY. St. Lucia has been my favorite port ever. I am not as adventurous as your crew but now I am seriously considering the jeep idea going forward. Thank you for sharing.

Awesome review of everything. I agree that the Voyager class are the perfect size and am looking forward to Adventure moving to NY. St. Lucia has been my favorite port ever. I am not as adventurous as your crew but now I am seriously considering the jeep idea going forward. Thank you for sharing.

Do it! #Jeeps4Life

66b0acbb5db896dfcd5cb5beb1e0118a.jpg

Itinerary!

Just unreal. Every stop had such a unique vibe and offered a different type of experience. It was almost as if we felt like we traveled thousands of miles and not less than a hundred in many instances.

I will say, that I’m over organized shore tours. Getting out there, renting Jeeps and ATVs and just getting lost and finding hidden gems made this trip fan-freaking-tastic.

Driving through the little towns, speaking with the locals when we got lost, heck even enjoying the local radio stations, just all added to the feeling that we were immersing ourselves in the culture.

Standouts of the week. Enjoying the endless green mountainscapes of St. Lucia and the bluest of blue waters in Antigua.

Public Service Announcement...chances of getting car sick in St. Lucia are extremely high. The windy narrow roads along with the dramatic elevation changes are recipe for disaster. I was spared as I was riding shotgun, but every time I turned around one less person was left sitting vertical. [emoji51]

Rick I cannot THANK YOU enough for the past couple of weeks! My wife and I are cruising this same itinerary in about 2.5 months (but who's counting?) This will be our first cruise ever and you have set the bar. I'm so looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone and experiencing life, probably not as much as you and #OurTwoSuitcases did, but having an awesome experience!

I'm seriously having withdrawals here, I need to go back and read your other Live Reviews now! Once again, THANK YOU CLR for the adventure!

Rick I cannot THANK YOU enough for the past couple of weeks! My wife and I are cruising this same itinerary in about 2.5 months (but who's counting?) This will be our first cruise ever and you have set the bar. I'm so looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone and experiencing life, probably not as much as you and #OurTwoSuitcases did, but having an awesome experience!

I'm seriously having withdrawals here, I need to go back and read your other Live Reviews now! Once again, THANK YOU CLR for the adventure!

You will have a blast no matter what you do. The experiences and relationships that traveling entails is just a whole different level of special. Let us know how your first cruise goes!

By the way, we are back at it in two weeks on the Symphony of the Seas.

Haha. Sailor and Crew will be my dates. Just another @OurTwoSuitcases Production!

Ahh, a double header. Even more production videos to look forward too. I like it.

I didn’t realize that it will get even better than just the live review.

Edit: maybe Mrs C is in Europe.;)

Gosh, if only I could find an Italian girl that didn’t speak any English so I couldn’t ruin it. From your lips to God’s ears!

Rick, you are a unique and special person, when you find the right person, you won't be able to ruin it.

Rick, you are a unique and special person, when you find the right person, you won't be able to ruin it.

Those are adjectives I can get behind. Thanks Bob!

I hope you are experiencing as great of weather on your second leg.

Anyone kidnap you for photos in the middle of the Promenade?

Those are adjectives I can get behind. Thanks Bob!

I hope you are experiencing as great of weather on your second leg.

Anyone kidnap you for photos in the middle of the Promenade?

The temps have been in the 80's, but it's been a bit overcast the last two days.

No one to kidnap us this cruise, it's been kinda boring knowing that we would not be running into the squad.

Rick thanks again for an entertaining review. There has to be a perfect Mrs C out there for you! I can’t wait to hear about the Symphony of the Seas. We have a group of 8 sailing on her September 16th. Our group has sailed together for several years and we have a blast, you could call us the Boomer Squad. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums