Favorite Bar on Ruby

clw1624

Venues and drinks are totally subjective so this is an impossible question to answer. Some love Crooner's and martinis. Others can't stand martinis. Some love a Bloody Mary and others gag at the thought. Some love straight whiskey. Some love foo-foo drinks. Some drink only beer. Some who drink beer love Budweiser and others hate it. I'm not sure how one can expect a "real" answer.

I don't know your age group but if you plan to "party hard" perhaps you should look into cruising with Carnival?

Venues and drinks are totally subjective so this is an impossible question to answer. Some love Crooner's and martinis. Others can't stand martinis. Some love a Bloody Mary and others gag at the thought. Some love straight whiskey. Some love foo-foo drinks. Some drink only beer. Some who drink beer love Budweiser and others hate it. I'm not sure how one can expect a "real" answer.

I don't know your age group but if you plan to "party hard" perhaps you should look into cruising with Carnival?

Hi Thrak,

Can I guess witch ones is your favorite? A lot of thinking went into this my friend.

ALL OF THEM :D :whiskey-glass::D:tropical-drink:.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Hi Thrak,

Can I guess witch ones is your favorite? A lot of thinking went into this my friend.

ALL OF THEM :D :whiskey-glass::D:tropical-drink:.

Tony

Just keep everything stocked on The Rowboat. I'll need plenty in the Yo Ho Ho Suite next time we sail. :cool:

Just keep everything stocked on The Rowboat. I'll need plenty in the Yo Ho Ho Suite next time we sail. :cool:

You got it. We have Nothing but the best :whiskey-glass: on The Rowboat. :D

Tony

Looking forward to a milestone birthday next month and I plan to party hard. What's the best bar and specialty cocktail???

Party Hard? If you mean sit all day and drink then the bar with the most comfortable seats. If you mean listen to entertainment, while you have drink then Crooner's, Explorer's, Wheelhouse when open. If you mean wine, then Vines. If you mean straight single malt whiskeys, then Wheelhouse. If you mean late night, then Skywalker's. If you mean sit around the pool, then the Lido deck pools.

All bar and entertainment times are shown each day in the Princess Patter. You will never be more than a few mins. from an open bar. Specialty drink, whatever you enjoy.

And you say this because....??? Those on Princess are tied to oxygen tanks or something? A good time can be had with good people, regardless of which line you on.

For the majority of my cocktails, I go to Crooner's. They can make anything there, not just martini's. A lot will depend on the bartender and how complicated the cocktail is. Honestly, there are some that just can't make a decent drink.

And you say this because....??? Those on Princess are tied to oxygen tanks or something? A good time can be had with good people, regardless of which line you on.

I've just never seen anybody party hard on Princess. I have a good time and see others doing the same but the particular descriptive line seemed somewhat out of place for the particular cruise line. Carnival is better known for the party crowd. I didn't mean anything negative by the comment. Our last cruise was 28 days and I made use of all 12 venues on Emerald Princess so I'm definitely not denigrating anybody for use of the bars.

As for favorite venue, I usually prefer Wheelhouse and, of course, Vines but the former is more suited to partying. I tend to have a harder time getting served in a timely manner in Explorers and don't care for Skywalker's as the hours are stupid and the music is crazy loud.

the first one that opens in the morning...;p

Outrigger during the day -maybe tradewinds if the smokers aren't out in force and the wind...

Vines almost every night

Wheelhouse depending..

and we love Crooners, butt...only if Cory Simon is not in there, sorry...:evilsmile:

For the majority of my cocktails, I go to Crooner's. They can make anything there, not just martini's. A lot will depend on the bartender and how complicated the cocktail is. Honestly, there are some that just can't make a decent drink.

Do you have a preferred bartender? My last cruise, DH stuck with three and they took good care of us.

I agree..favorite bar? is where a great bartender is.....actually I have found bartenders at the IC often have the fresh ingredients for my favorite drink this year, a french strawberry mojito........so refreshing........

Edited by land lover

Do you have a preferred bartender? My last cruise, DH stuck with three and they took good care of us.

I will be back on the Ruby next month too, but I think it's the cruise after yours. You'll have to come back and post who your favorite was. :) It's been about 18 months since I was last on the Ruby, so I'm sure the staff has changed over.

I agree..favorite bar? is where a great bartender is.....actually I have found bartenders at the IC often have the fresh ingredients for my favorite drink this year, a french strawberry mojito........so refreshing........

That sounds fabulous. One ship I was on had fresh Strawberry Pepper Margaritas. They were so tasty!

That sounds fabulous. One ship I was on had fresh Strawberry Pepper Margaritas. They were so tasty!

That sounds interesting...on the rocks? I know it is always fun to see what the bartenders can come up with or their personal specialty, especially when you are enjoying the PDP.

The french strawberry mijito is a regular drinkmenu item....so definitely try it.....with fresh smashed strawberries, mint and lime with vodka.....quite delicious.....I now make them at home....

U are a martini lady, aren't you? anything...that is new or different?

That sounds interesting...on the rocks? I know it is always fun to see what the bartenders can come up with or their personal specialty, especially when you are enjoying the PDP.

The french strawberry mijito is a regular drinkmenu item....so definitely try it.....with fresh smashed strawberries, mint and lime with vodka.....quite delicious.....I now make them at home....

U are a martini lady, aren't you? anything...that is new or different?

Yes, it's on the rocks. I'm definitely going try the French Strawberry Mojito next month.

I do love my martinis. Tiramisu, Raspberry Creme Brulee, the Bugsy, or a Key Lime Pie are my after dinner dessert favorites. Pre-dinner I enjoy a Bombay Sapphire Dirty martini, along with those yummy olives they have at Crooner's. The Tiramisu martini is available at Adagio's.

Yes, it's on the rocks. I'm definitely going try the French Strawberry Mojito next month.

I do love my martinis. Tiramisu, Raspberry Creme Brulee, the Bugsy, or a Key Lime Pie are my after dinner dessert favorites. Pre-dinner I enjoy a Bombay Sapphire Dirty martini, along with those yummy olives they have at Crooner's. The Tiramisu martini is available at Adagio's.

Whenever we get the drink package I have a magnetic backed list that I keep on the wall in our cabin, it includes all the new drinks I want to try...so I am adding a few martinis from your list......Bugsy and the Sapphire Dirty Martini( I take it that one is blue in color) ?

We will be on Ruby....the 31st..Coastal.

Whenever we get the drink package I have a magnetic backed list that I keep on the wall in our cabin, it includes all the new drinks I want to try...so I am adding a few martinis from your list......Bugsy and the Sapphire Dirty Martini( I take it that one is blue in color) ?

The Bugsy is made with Baileys and a little white creme de menthe. The Sapphire is Bombay Sapphire gin. It's the normal white gin, but sometimes I want something with olives that's not too sweet. ;)

If I have the drink package, I like to try different ones too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a list of drinks to try. At home, I stick to wine and gin & tonics. On vacation, I try just about everything.

This looks like a topic after my own stoma.... er I mean heart. Let me pull up a vacant bar stool. This will be my first time on the Ruby, boarding the 17th but it has the standard Princess bars. I like the classic cocktails and as a rum drinker I like the classics made with rum. Give me a rum old fashioned, a rum Negroni, or a classic daiquiri and I’m happy. My favorite bars tend to rotate through the list depending on time and mood. In the morning I like to hit the Outrigger for a Pirate Mary. (you guessed it, a Bloody Mary with rum!) On formal nights I’m all over Crooners, well I try to stay off the floor. I like checking out all the bars and always seem to find a bartender that has a great attitude and if they don’t know how to make what I like they are amenable to learning. (and raking in the tips). As partybarbie said, there are some bartenders that “...just can’t make a decent drink.” So when a good one is found I tend to stick with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums