Spring break question?

Georgie68

We are 2 Brits going on the Getaway on 25th March.

We don’t have spring break in the UK - we have half term holiday which is in February, so I hadn’t even considered it before we booked this holiday.

Does that week fall into spring break for college and university students too? Somewhat apprehensive after reading some recent reviews about lots of young drunk people.

Most Colleges will be done with their Spring Breaks by 3/25....However the weeks before Easter and after Easter are big spring break times for the Grade Schools....so you will likely see more school aged children than normal.

Spring break weeks fall at different times for different schools, but I think you will miss most of them. I am a GMU student where it started March 10 (and I’m in the terminal getting ready to board my cruise today!) As for rowdy spring breakers, I plan on trying to behave myself (!) and hope the others don’t get too crazy. In my experience Carnival is more popular with the party-hard crowd so that will help.

We are 2 Brits going on the Getaway on 25th March. We don’t have spring break in the UK - we have half term holiday which is in February, so I hadn’t even considered it before we booked this holiday. Does that week fall into spring break for college and university students too? Somewhat apprehensive after reading some recent reviews about lots of young drunk people.

No need to worry. It will be fine. Enjoy the Getaway!

Not many "college students" can afford a cruise...and if they can, it's a 3-4 day thing. During "spring break" months (yes, it's about 2 1/2 months, all told, since all states and school systems "break" on different schedules), you will have more families than when school is in session....we're talking younger kids...not drunken frat parties!

Thanks for your replies - you have put my mind at ease.

Although we’re travelling without children, we do have them, so aren’t bothered that there might be lots of kids on board - as long as they’re not marauding drunks ;):')

Having some time in Miami before the cruise and fly a week today,so we’re getting excited now!

We were on the Getaway a few years ago over Easter. It was the week after Easter itself, so not quite the same timing, but there was absolutely no problem at all. Lots of younger kids, as stated, but not too many college age.

We have had a few trips to the US (primarily Florida) during UK Easter holiday times, and have never had a problem with Spring Break. It is, as others have said, a bit late for Spring Break to be a major issue.

We are 2 Brits going on the Getaway on 25th March.

We don’t have spring break in the UK - we have half term holiday which is in February, so I hadn’t even considered it before we booked this holiday.

Does that week fall into spring break for college and university students too? Somewhat apprehensive after reading some recent reviews about lots of young drunk people.

We will be joining you on the Getaway!! Can't wait!!! Ps- have you joined our roll call?

Yes, yes, it will be a huge spring break week there will be college students, there will be lots and lots and lots of kids! It really will be a huge spring break week!

And as far as the comments above about college students not affording Spring Break?! This isn't 1985. Yes, they do afford spring break and they absolutely cruise. Especially on a cruise line that offers unlimited drink packages. Good lord. Last week there were 1500 college students on the Epic.

If you don't like that crowd, always, always avoid a Caribbean cruise from March 1- April 15.

Yes, yes, it will be a huge spring break week there will be college students, there will be lots and lots and lots of kids! It really will be a huge spring break week!

And as far as the comments above about college students not affording Spring Break?! This isn't 1985. Yes, they do afford spring break and they absolutely cruise. Especially on a cruise line that offers unlimited drink packages. Good lord. Last week there were 1500 college students on the Epic.

If you don't like that crowd, always, always avoid a Caribbean cruise from March 1- April 15.

It is notable that the Epic cruise you refer to last week was a 3 or 4 day cruise.

I’m not making any point about the affordability of cruises for Spring Breakers, but from reading this forum over the years, it is quite clear that the shorter cruises are more popular with that age group. I assume that is why the Epic is doing some of that length at this time of year.

Whatever, I can only restate that when I did a 7 day cruise on the Getaway over Easter, I was assured beforehand that it was late for Spring Break and not as popular with them. Onboard, there were lots of families, but groups of college age kids were notable by their absence.

I wouldn’t do a 3 or 4 day Caribbean cruise during this time of year, but have no hesitation in booking a 7 day at Easter. We are, in fact very likely to do exactly that next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have sailed on the Getaway the past two years 2016 and 2017 during this time with my (now 10 year old) daughter. I can say from personal actual experience that I agree with Keith- there were absolutely no problems with college age or drunken fools about the ship. I can also tell you that it was by no means over-run with children everywhere either. It was a nice mix of several ages, etc. Rude behavior can really dampen a good time, but rest assured there are lots of ways to escape people on this ship. Its a lovely boat and a great itinerary. I would highly recommend the thermal pass if you find the fellow passengers unruly- no kids allowed and it is a quiet space. I hope that you have a fabulous time!