Attention Azamara Solo Travellers - pricing not matching what is advertised

excitedofharpenden

Neither did I with you. However I will say this. Whilst I appreciate Hosts here are free to post their thoughts to any thread, I do feel that a put down comment to me like "I think the phrase I quoted takes a lot of wind out of your sails" (which I don't believe it did anyway) is not befitting of a moderator.

I will admit that the phrasing I've used about the single supplement may very well be born out of frustration because I've mentioned it before and spotted other pricing errors. At least, having regard for Bonnie's post, it seems my thread has been taken note of.

Phil

And I in turn will admit that my [over]reaction was probably based on frustration with other threads [nothing to do with you]. I'm sorry for upsetting you and others in what has generally been one of the most helpful and least contentious forums on Cruise Critic. And I'm very glad to see that Bonnie is taking this up for a constructive resolution.

It's good to see that sensible moderation is taking effect. Threads will sometimes become contentious, but as long as personal and direct insults are not taking place then in my opinion, I believe the thread should be kept active. It is easy for a Host to warn an individual poster that their behaviour is unacceptable without locking all the interesting threads! Cruise critic could become very boring if that was the case!

This is an important thread and accurate information for solo cruisers is vital.

It is possible that any of us could become a solo cruiser in the future and I do agree with Phil that this change in single supplements has been brought in quite surreptitiously.

This is a thread that, as someone who travels by myself, I've watched closely. As it happened, I spoke to my travel agent in the midst of it, and she too felt that the suggestion of a 25% supplement was misleading and called Azamara to ask where it could be found. Apparently, it can't. 'Puffery'? Perhaps, but here's the definition of that term:

"In law, puffery is a promotional statement or claim that expresses subjective rather than objective views, which no "reasonable person" would take literally. Puffery serves to "puff up" an exaggerated image of what is being described and is especially featured in testimonials."

Twenty-five percent is pretty objective and I'm pretty reasonable, so I do think that this is an issue that really ought to be addressed.

That said, Azamara is still my cruise line of choice and I have to appreciate that the things I like make them popular enough not to need to offer loss-leader promotion. I'll hope for the occasional discount and adjust my expectations (and budget!).

Melissa

And I in turn will admit that my [over]reaction was probably based on frustration with other threads [nothing to do with you]. I'm sorry for upsetting you and others in what has generally been one of the most helpful and least contentious forums on Cruise Critic. And I'm very glad to see that Bonnie is taking this up for a constructive resolution.

Not a problem Jazz. Many of us are prone to frustration including me, as evidenced in this thread. Personally it’s driven by a love of the Azamara experience and knowledge of their marketing over the past 7 years since I first sailed them.

I note that the websites in the various countries have now been updated to reflect 25-50% solo fares, except UK and Ireland and Australia doesn’t seem to quote a %age at all. I guess that means my solo fare will be cheaper than most of you. Haha!

Phil

Just been looking at the U.K. site and clicking on Luxury Cruise Deals in the bottom menu now takes you to a page on which the ‘Solo Cruise Deals’ section now says ‘Solo voyagers just pay the double occupancy fares plus 25-50% on select voyages’.

Sent from my iPad using Forums