Encore vs Oasis/Harmony - Which would you choose?

Looking at cruising April 2020 and cannot decide whether to go for Encore or cruise one of the RCI mega ships. I have been cruising primarily NCL and Carnival for the last two years - have 2 NCL cruises scheduled - Dec 2018 Dawn 10 day Southern from San Juan and Dec 2019 Epic ABC islands. The only RCI ships I have been on are the older small ships.

Encore is $2500 for interior deck 10 with UPB

Oasis is $1460 for interior deck 8 and Harmony is $1700 for interior deck 8 - all cruising to San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola.

What would you choose?

Well no one knows what will be on encore yet, so it's hard to say. I think 2020 oasis will be out of it's dry dock refresh - not sure they're doing anything new besides adding wonderland?

Guess it depends if you want to go on a really new ship or not.

Also a better price comparison includes pricing ncl perks on royal. The drink package would be around $450 each on royal...evens the price out if you're one to drink 5+ drinks a day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looking at cruising April 2020 and cannot decide whether to go for Encore or cruise one of the RCI mega ships. I have been cruising primarily NCL and Carnival for the last two years - have 2 NCL cruises scheduled - Dec 2018 Dawn 10 day Southern from San Juan and Dec 2019 Epic ABC islands. The only RCI ships I have been on are the older small ships.

Encore is $2500 for interior deck 10 with UPB

Oasis is $1460 for interior deck 8 and Harmony is $1700 for interior deck 8 - all cruising to San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola.

What would you choose?

Harmony.

You are comparing Oasis class ships against a Quantum-size ship (Encore). Take the bigger, newer ship.

While the Encore is still being built, they are selling cruises on the Encore with pseudo-deck plans. It is a Breakaway Plus class ship configured similar to the Bliss (forward observation lounge, etc.)

If itineraries aren't an issue, and looking at your cruising history, I think I would choose Harmony. I absolutely LOVE NCL, and they're my go-to cruise line 100%, but in comparison, Encore is still a Breakaway Plus class ship, so it won't be MUCH different than the Getaway/Bliss. Take a look at what Bliss offers, and compare that to Harmony. See which one wins in what you're looking for.

Harmony and their neighborhoods are exceptional, especially Central Park late at night. The Solarium is also incredible.

I prefer NCL's ships overall though, because although Royal's ships are absolutely beautiful, you truly do forget that you're on a ship because all of the exteriors are given "prime real estate" so to speak (balcony cabins) rather than being able to truly feel like you're on a ship unless you're on the top deck or the jogging track (unlike the Waterfront, which is absolutely amazing).