Is it tacky to bring my Yeti?

Megan_Strick

We took Tervis tumblers with us last time, I didn't think it was tacky, but I do think it got to be a pain in the butt. Making sure to wash it out good between uses, and making sure you take it with you when you leave one place for another. After a few days the routine got old and they just sat in the cabin the rest of the cruise.

I am a "to each their own" kind of person so I really don't care what others do with their lives....but TO ME I find it tacky because to me it screams "I am too cheap to buy a drink so I have made my own to save a few bucks" now that might not be the case for every yeti carrier or even most but that's how I look at it....I am not well off and don't throw money around in the "real" world but I do think while on "vacation" we should splurge and treat ourselves a bit and if you pay $12 for a drink so be it...you worked hard and deserve it...its sorta like coupons....nothing wrong with them but if I was on a first date with a guy and he busted one out I'd find that tacky and assume he's cheap.....be it the case or not.....
It doesn't really sound like you're that much of a "to each their own" kind of person. :confused: If my travel mug is filled with one of the free drinks Carnival provides me, or filled with a can of soda that Carnival allows me to bring on board, then how does the travel mug itself make me too cheap to buy a drink? If I used one of Carnival's plastic cups for the free drink, then am I still too cheap? For crying out loud, Carnival sells their own branded travel mugs and have given them out as perks.

Oh no. Now the elegance factor will be ruined and everything I eat at my table won't taste right, all because I have to look at your ugly cup. Just kidding.
LOL Nicely done. Who knows, if you look hard enough, I'm willing to bet there's at least one person on these boards who has complained that a travel mug disrupted their dining room experience, elegant night or otherwise.
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity, for those who think it is, what's so tacky about them? To me, I'd probably consider it tacky if someone carried around one of those 100 oz. behemoth travel mugs...

IMG_2636.JPG**Not me LOL. Pulled from the web**

But how is a regular travel mug or tumbler any different than carrying around a bottle of beer, a glass of wine, glass of soda, or one of their plastic Lido cups?

There is a guy that works with us that has one of these. We call it a quadruple gulp. LOL I riff off of big gulp from 7-11

Not tacky! They are good to have on the lido deck on those hot days to pour your beverage of choice in to keep from getting water down as fast!

We also like having them for ice water in the cabin at night once we finished our free bottle of water.

Thats what I would use it for. I'm not going to carry around the whole ship or bring to dinner.

LOL.....like a damn cup is some sort of status symbol. I've heard it all.

Actually mine is a knock off. It's a SIC cup and I will have you know its better than my Yeti that I paid a lot of money for. The Yeti stopped holding ice.

Is it tacky? That's a matter of opinion. It's not an "is" or "is not" situation. Do you mean, whohere thinks it's tacky? I guess you got your answer on that one, and I'm sure more opinions on the subject are on their way.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise and your mango juice!

First, let me say, I love my Yeti. It keeps cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot so much longer than any other cup I've had.

I'm considering bringing mine so I could sit on my balcony drinking my morning coffee without it getting cold.

funny side discussion about brands. if you go to the youtube, you'll find numerous videos comparing brands. Seems for the most part most of them are at least 85-90% as good or bad as the last. Which in general for daily life, is probably negligible.

fwiw i have the ozark trail walmart one. it works fine. I can't say it's as good as a yeti, but I don't care. I won't be judged by a stupid travel mug lol.....I mean, you could judge me, but I don't care....