Almost 30% Increase in Cost of FTTF???

Shaded Lady

Still worth it to us.

We book cruises at least a year out--we can handle the $7.50 per month to avoid the lines at guest services, and for next year, get priority tender for our Half Moon Cay stop.

Not for everyone--that's fine. Well worth it for us.

We booked the Conquest in September and got FTTF mainly because we hate dragging our carry ons around for a few hours before cabins are ready and to get the priority tendering. Thankfully we paid lower price. I definitely wouldn’t be buying it for what they’re asking now. Not even worth it. That’s more than one DOD per day of the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's not about the money for everyone, some can have a DOD and FTTF, without breaking the bank

Sorry to read about this. Disgusting how greedy Carnival is getting. Guess that is big company for you and supply and demand.

Not just Carnival...Other lines are implementing charge for a fee options.. Princess testing a similar program like Carnivals FTTP.... RCL making major refurbishments to Coco Cay and most of the new additions are "for a fee"...... Some will look at these as more options....but its becoming a trend

Sorry to read about this. Disgusting how greedy Carnival is getting. Guess that is big company for you and supply and demand.

FTTF is a luxury item purchase. Not having it is not going to prohibit anyone from sailing. Carnival is a company with shareholders that expect profits on their stock. FTTF is a way to make money without penalizing entire customer base.

Folks may choose to buy FTTF or not but IMHO a couple of hours difference in getting onto the ship and into the cabin is not a life changing thing.

Still worth it to us.

We book cruises at least a year out--we can handle the $7.50 per month to avoid the lines at guest services, and for next year, get priority tender for our Half Moon Cay stop.

Not for everyone--that's fine. Well worth it for us.

So at what price point would it be not “worth it” to you? $100? $125? $150? Or higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are the cabins for Platinums ready early?

Well, supposed to be. We are a month off the Miracle from Tampa, our cabin was not ready when we boarded. Also talked to two other people who also said their cabins were not ready, one was Platinum, the other was FTTF.

I'm Platinum but its now not worth it for that cost, I would just wait if I wasn't Platinum. Carnival's greed continues. With all the cutbacks it's definitely worth exploring other lines. Carnival doesn't value repeat business as its shows in there crappy VIFP program.

When would it not be worth it to us?

Don't know--we haven't reached the point where it's not worth it.

Why does it bother people that some of us think it's still worth the money on certain cruises, and we are willing to pay for it.

Like someone said above, if you don't want it, don't pay for it.

I'll tell you something else--we get more out of the Faster To The Fun than we get for our resort fees in Las Vegas.

I'm Platinum but its now not worth it for that cost, I would just wait if I wasn't Platinum. Carnival's greed continues. With all the cutbacks it's definitely worth exploring other lines. Carnival doesn't value repeat business as its shows in there crappy VIFP program.

Quite honestly, we like being Platinum and he VIFP program. We love the perks, not so crappy to us

Well, supposed to be. We are a month off the Miracle from Tampa, our cabin was not ready when we boarded. Also talked to two other people who also said their cabins were not ready, one was Platinum, the other was FTTF.

We were recently on the Miracle, and though our cabin wasn't ready, we just wanted to put our carry on in the closet, and went back to the buffet, cabin attendant had no problem, and got his tip at the end!:D

We were recently on the Miracle, and though our cabin wasn't ready, we just wanted to put our carry on in the closet, and went back to the buffet, cabin attendant had no problem, and got his tip at the end!:D

See...this is just not okay with me. We purchased FTTF (b4 the price increase), so expect that we will get what we paid for. Based on what I’ve read, it seems that the rooms are more often not ready then ready. IMO, people need to complain especially since you’ve paid for this perk (through paying for x # of cruises or through purchasing FTTF).

Why does it bother people that some of us think it's still worth the money on certain cruises, and we are willing to pay for it.

Reading the thread - I don't think it bothers some that others feel it's worth the money to still purchase FTTF. The vibe I'm getting it that it bothers some that others think that raising the price is CCL's greed rather than simple supply and demand for a product they can sell (enhancing returns for stockholders). In this day and age companies have to do all they can to "stay afloat" :) while keeping the price of the ticket reasonable.

Several people have posted 'just get to Platinum and it won't matter anymore' like that is something that I can just snap my fingers and make happen overnight!

We save and plan our cruises, and so far, it seems we can only manage a cruise every other year. So that means that I have 6 more 7-day cruises to book before I'm Platinum. At the rate we're going, that's 10-12 years from now. Unless of course one of you wants to pay for a cruise for me LOL !! :cool:

In the meanwhile, we found the advantages of FTTF worth it, at the lower cost. But now, maybe we'll need to re-evaluate if it's worth it to us. Some have said the difference in cost is only $20, but our next cruise is with our daughter and her family (so 2 cabins) and we're scrimping to pay for both so that we can cruise for once as a family. $40 extra is a significant chunk of change that could be spent on other things on the cruise.

Like I said, I'll just have to evaluate if it's enough value to offset the increase to us. I could see the cost going up, I just thought 30% was excessive. Apparently, not everyone thinks the same way.

I don’t understand this. Are you saying you have FTTF and your room isn’t ready? If that’s the case, you have a legit beef. If you are saying you are worried about someone else who didn’t have FTTF but had access to their room, you are out of line. Don’t worry about what someone else is doing, especially since it has absolutely no impact on you. FTTF is a perk that allows the buyer certain things. None of those perks encompass what other passengers are doing

Wow, your response was rather rude. How am I out of line for suggesting that those who have priority (i.e FTTF/platinum) complain when their room is not ready upon boarding? Why shouldn’t they complain for something they’ve paid for? How does it help anyone to silently accept and even tip for services that are substandard? IMO, those who remain silent contribute to low standards of service.

Several people have posted 'just get to Platinum and it won't matter anymore' like that is something that I can just snap my fingers and make happen overnight!

We save and plan our cruises, and so far, it seems we can only manage a cruise every other year. So that means that I have 6 more 7-day cruises to book before I'm Platinum. At the rate we're going, that's 10-12 years from now. Unless of course one of you wants to pay for a cruise for me LOL !! :cool:

In the meanwhile, we found the advantages of FTTF worth it, at the lower cost. But now, maybe we'll need to re-evaluate if it's worth it to us. Some have said the difference in cost is only $20, but our next cruise is with our daughter and her family (so 2 cabins) and we're scrimping to pay for both so that we can cruise for once as a family. $40 extra is a significant chunk of change that could be spent on other things on the cruise.

Like I said, I'll just have to evaluate if it's enough value to offset the increase to us. I could see the cost going up, I just thought 30% was excessive. Apparently, not everyone thinks the same way.

Do it like I did,earn it become platinum,problem solved.

If you actually read my response before getting your panties in a wad, I said if you paid for FTTF and your room wasn’t ready, u have a legit beef. If you are whining about someone else getting the perk and didn’t pay for it, that was none of your concern....so chillax, and go read it again. Apology accepted, don’t let it happen again. [emoji57]

You personally attack me, then tell me not get my panties in a wad, then accept an imagined apology. Are you okay?

Edited to add: You also imagined that I was whining about someone else getting a perk...please reread.

You misread my post and called me rude. Now you are whining about it Dragon. Be like Elsa and “Let It Go” ....you misunderstood, now u feel embarrassed, it’s all good. Move along now

??? This has got to be the weirdest exchange I’ve had on CC.

To the OP, ShadedLady. I don't want to highjack this thread but you mentioned in the original post that FTTF has not yet showed as available on your summer, 2019 Vista cruise.

Are there any other excursions posted? I check daily for our April, 2019 booking on the Freedom and so far there are no excursions, including of course FTTF, showing.

Like you, I booked this one pretty far out, but we're getting within striking distance of a year, finally, and I am hoping to see them dribble in soon.

I have only one cabin booked for that cruise and will probably pay the new price for FTTF. This summer on the Breeze I am paying for 2 cabins and am glad I already got it for both.

When would it not be worth it to us?

Don't know--we haven't reached the point where it's not worth it.

Like someone said above, if you don't want it, don't pay for it.

Doesn’t bother me a bit, in fact I enjoy others paying more and more for stuff I don’t use like cheers and FTTF to allow Carnival to keep the prices down on fares and things I do use and, as a shareholder, turn a profit.

I bought FTTF once when it was $49.95 and decided it wasn’t worth it to us at that price. So, yeah, I don’t pay for it. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes they are!

Didn't know this. I always thought they just got first boarding but no ready cabin....Now I want to get to Platinum faster...but I still have 39 more sailing days to go. :loudcry:

Just more incentive to keep cruising though. :DAnd till then i'll keep getting FTTF. Living in FL I don't have to fly to the port, so I just look at it like that...money saved from flying somewhere just goes towards the extras on Carnival like FTTF and in room alcohol.

Don’t worry about what someone else is doing, especially since it has absolutely no impact on you.
Welcome to the CC boards, you must be new here. LOL Worrying about what others do and how they do it is a favorite past time for some here (and I'm not referring to BookDragon).

In BookDragon's defense, we don't know how many times crew members have let people in their cabins before they're ready and without the perk. If it becomes prevalent, then it's not fair to those who have earned that perk through VIFP points or bought it with FTTF.

Welcome to the CC boards, you must be new here. LOL Worrying about what others do and how they do it is a favorite past time for some here (and I'm not referring to BookDragon).

In BookDragon's defense, we don't know how many times crew members have let people in their cabins before they're ready and without the perk. If it becomes prevalent, then it's not fair to those who have earned that perk through VIFP points or bought it with FTTF.

Thx Organized Chaos (I like ur name btw). But, I was not referencing those who go into their cabins early without FTTF/VIFP pts. I didn’t even know that was a possibility until I was attacked. LOL!

Do it like I did,earn it become platinum,problem solved.

WOW! Did you even read the post you’re quoting from me? Or did you just want to point out you’re platinum? If so, good for you. But as I said, it’s going to take me until approximately the year 2030 to ‘do it like you did it’ to solve m6 problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To the OP, ShadedLady. I don't want to highjack this thread but you mentioned in the original post that FTTF has not yet showed as available on your summer, 2019 Vista cruise.

Are there any other excursions posted? I check daily for our April, 2019 booking on the Freedom and so far there are no excursions, including of course FTTF, showing.

Like you, I booked this one pretty far out, but we're getting within striking distance of a year, finally, and I am hoping to see them dribble in soon.

I have only one cabin booked for that cruise and will probably pay the new price for FTTF. This summer on the Breeze I am paying for 2 cabins and am glad I already got it for both.

Hi BMAS- I’m like you... no excursions at all posted yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums