Almost 30% Increase in Cost of FTTF???

Shaded Lady

WOW! Did you even read the post you’re quoting from me? Or did you just want to point out you’re platinum? If so, good for you. But as I said, it’s going to take me until approximately the year 2030 to ‘do it like you did it’ to solve m6 problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I solely stick to Carnival, it'll hopefully be 2025 for me. That's a lot of FTTF's left to buy!

I wonder if the percentage in relation to total cruise price has changed. Cruises have gone up in price the last few years.

How did anyone cruise before these “benefits”? Not a big deal to me to not be first onboard or first off at a port, I’d rather be where the crowds aren’t.

I would not be surprised if the true cost expressed as s percentage has actually dropped in last 3 or 4 years. Meaning FTTF may have been $60 when your cruise was $1500, and now it’s $80 and your cruise is $2200.

We were recently on the Miracle, and though our cabin wasn't ready, we just wanted to put our carry on in the closet, and went back to the buffet, cabin attendant had no problem, and got his tip at the end!:D

There wasn't even an attendant in the room and the door was propped open, so I didn't want to leave my carry-ons there.

How did anyone cruise before these “benefits”? Not a big deal to me to not be first onboard or first off at a port, I’d rather be where the crowds aren’t.

I 100% agree. Unless you're staying at a dive motel, what's the rush? I ask for late checkout, and get to the ship between noon and 1PM, skipping lines altogether. My room is ready, and perfect time for lunch.

Let's say you booked TEN 7 day cruises, paying for FTTF on each, for $1,200 (with future price increases). Is 20 extra hours on these ships, worth it? Or would you rather take that $1,200, and book another cruise? I'm sure you could do a 3-4 day cruise on that, maybe even 5 in an inside cabin.

There wasn't even an attendant in the room and the door was propped open, so I didn't want to leave my carry-ons there.

do you honestly believe a stranger is going walk into a cabin that is not there's, walk over to the closet, open the closet and steal your carry on?

WOW! Did you even read the post you’re quoting from me? Or did you just want to point out you’re platinum? If so, good for you. But as I said, it’s going to take me until approximately the year 2030 to ‘do it like you did it’ to solve m6 problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I 100% agree. Unless you're staying at a dive motel, what's the rush? I ask for late checkout, and get to the ship between noon and 1PM, skipping lines altogether. My room is ready, and perfect time for lunch.

Let's say you booked TEN 7 day cruises, paying for FTTF on each, for $1,200 (with future price increases). Is 20 extra hours on these ships, worth it? Or would you rather take that $1,200, and book another cruise? I'm sure you could do a 3-4 day cruise on that, maybe even 5 in an inside cabin.

Why do non FTTF people feel so passionate on how the FTTF people choose to spend their vacation money?!

Per the example above, yes i'd actually rather spend that $1,200 on FTTF to make those ten cruises more pleasurable for me!

Some people spend extra money on spas or overpriced suites, or spend extra for having a larger balcony, or the drink packages, or tossing it into slots. It's all personal choice. I'd never suggest to them "Well, hey if you got an inside cabin for 10 cruises instead of that overpriced suite, you can use that savings for another cruise!" It's not my business.

People will, and should, spend their money on what they want to spend their money on. The FTTF hate is reaching levels of comical absurdity.

. $120 for 7 days seems very likely.

Maybe not $120, but $119.99 for sure! [emoji23]The way that some people rave about FTTF on these boards, it’s not only likely, but pretty much a given. I can see it going to $149. I also see the pricing structure changing from “per room” to “per guest”.

Thank goodness I find zero value on FTTF. One less upcharge to worry about. But more power to the people who do find value.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe not $120, but $119.99 for sure! [emoji23]The way that some people rave about FTTF on these boards, it’s not only likely, but pretty much a given. I can see it going to $149. I also see the pricing structure changing from “per room” to “per guest”.

Thank goodness I find zero value on FTTF. One less upcharge to worry about. But more power to the people who do find value.

I agree with you. Someone already told me I was nuts for thinking that it could go to per guest because one would buy it and let 34 friends come with them, but like Cheers, everybody in the cabin will be required to buy in.

Loved our FFTF on our last cruise!!! Boarded first, dropped bags. No lines or crowds at buffet. No wait in the port. My suitcases showed up right away, daughters did not so they sent a huge platter of cheese and fruit and sparkling cider as an apology. Bypassed huge guest service line multiple times. Zone 2 departure without having to carry our own bags up stairs. We have it on our end of month cruise too and am glad, priority tendering will come in handy then.

We'd pay it still- but obviously at some point theres a price-break point.

The FTTF hate is reaching levels of comical absurdity.

What do you mean, "hate"? For $1,200, I would choose 96 hours on a cruise, visiting new ports, over 20 hours of pre-cruise ammenities. We're on a site called "cruise critic", and that's my 2 cents on a cruise related feature, minus this angry emotion you seem to be referring to. You are free to value the two options differently, which is what this site is all about... ;p

What do you mean, "hate"? For $1,200, I would choose 96 hours on a cruise, visiting new ports, over 20 hours of pre-cruise ammenities. We're on a site called "cruise critic", and that's my 2 cents on a cruise related feature, minus this angry emotion you seem to be referring to. You are free to value the two options differently, which is what this site is all about... ;p

Consider the condescending manner in which you phrased your initial post with a series of skewed questions (not an expression of opinion).

The response you quoted was, indeed, an expression of opinion which you didn’t like in response to your own non-opinion because it exemplified the ridiculousness involved.

So, if you are looking for something to pick at, I’ll bite.

I will always choose FTTF on my usual 7+ day cruises in the Captains Suite. I would never consider going on a 3-4 day cruise in a lowly inside cabin for what I might save without FTTF over 10 cruises.

Have fun nit-picking that one in the name of “this is a message board and I can say what I want”.

Consider the condescending manner in which you phrased your initial post with a series of skewed questions (not an expression of opinion).

Well, over half of my sentences weren't even questions, making your "series of" summary a bit of a stretch. If I expressed no opinion, how do you even know where I stand on this issue?

The response you quoted was, indeed, an expression of opinion which you didn’t like in response to your own non-opinion because it exemplified the ridiculousness involved.

I'll assume then that this is your opinion, of my quote of on opinion, that was in response of my non-opinion. I'm glad we got that straight. ;)

So, if you are looking for something to pick at, I’ll bite.

Sure I'm on, let's discuss FTTF.

I will always choose FTTF on my usual 7+ day cruises in the Captains Suite. I would never consider going on a 3-4 day cruise in a lowly inside cabin for what I might save without FTTF over 10 cruises.

I can't argue with what you value as far as suite class, or your preference of cruise lengths. Maybe 2 extra hours in a Captain's Suite prorates more on par with your cruise fare? Now, your "lowly inside cabin" comment, was actually condescending. I do not believe in asking virtue of others, that you do not first ask of yourself.

But hey, come join me on the Celebrity Infinity for a 4 day Halloween cruise. I got an upgraded veranda for $1,100 total, with a free drink package and $300 OBC. We can have a free beer, and have a laugh on a ship where none of this matters.

Have fun nit-picking that one in the name of “this is a message board and I can say what I want”.

Now that, is a strawman argument.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Why do non FTTF people feel so passionate on how the FTTF people choose to spend their vacation money?!

Per the example above, yes i'd actually rather spend that $1,200 on FTTF to make those ten cruises more pleasurable for me!

Some people spend extra money on spas or overpriced suites, or spend extra for having a larger balcony, or the drink packages, or tossing it into slots. It's all personal choice. I'd never suggest to them "Well, hey if you got an inside cabin for 10 cruises instead of that overpriced suite, you can use that savings for another cruise!" It's not my business.

People will, and should, spend their money on what they want to spend their money on. The FTTF hate is reaching levels of comical absurdity.

Gotta love Cruise Critic. :D Actually, the old Carnival Funville message boards (closed in late '16) were the same way. I spent about a year & a half on their boards before our first cruise in 2016 and it actually made me worry about what we were getting ourselves into. I thought, if most cruisers are like this in the real world, this trip is going to suck. Thankfully, a majority of people we crossed paths with once we got on board were nothing like the ones I experienced in those message boards. I suspect either they like to put on a show online thanks to the power of anonymity, or in reality, there's so few of them that their snide attitudes are drown out by the kind, respectful, rational folks.

FTTF is one of the biggest "debates," to put it lightly, found on these boards. It was bad enough that it fanned the flames when Carnival raised the price, but to make it even worse, multiple threads have now popped up to talk about the same dang thing. Can't we just consolidate the debate (i.e. argument :p) in one thread?

do you honestly believe a stranger is going walk into a cabin that is not there's, walk over to the closet, open the closet and steal your carry on?

It's possible. Also possible that since the cabin wasn't cleaned, the room steward could think it was left from the previous guest.

And I'm certainly not going to take that chance. Our OTC medications, passports, and other sensitive information would be in the carry-on and last thing I want to do is start my cruise off with that headache.

Will not change to "per guest" because it would be a logistical nightmare.