Nieuw Amsterdam & Veendam Port Everglades/Eurodam Key West Sail-Away Mar 17, 2018

Boytjie

Update: About 5 minutes before the ceremony began, we found ourselves in the midst of a snowstorm. With no alternate venue (short of stuffing 12 bodies in the back of my car), we went with the outdoor wedding. The bride looked lovely with a green plaid cape covering her dress and boots, but by the time I'd finished the ceremony, my hands were so cold I could barely hand them the pen to sign the register.

I'll spend the next 2 hours thawing out with hot coffee & Baileys, wishing I were in Ft Lauderdale (where instead of being 22F and storming, it's 76F), waiting for the FOTS to depart.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Update: About 5 minutes before the ceremony began, we found ourselves in the midst of a snowstorm. With no alternate venue (short of stuffing 12 bodies in the back of my car), we went with the outdoor wedding. The bride looked lovely with a green plaid cape covering her dress and boots, but by the time I'd finished the ceremony, my hands were so cold I could barely hand them the pen to sign the register.

I'll spend the next 2 hours thawing out with hot coffee & Baileys, wishing I were in Ft Lauderdale (where instead of being 22F and storming, it's 76F), waiting for the FOTS to depart.

What posses anyone to think an outdoor wedding this time of year on the tundra is a good idea?

What posses anyone to think an outdoor wedding this time of year on the tundra is a good idea?

The bride said it's always been her dream to have an outdoor wedding, no matter the season. The groom said "I'd walk through a swamp full of gators for her" (he's from Louisiana), so standing outside in a snowstorm must have seemed like the ultimate proof of his love, I guess. They Skyped the ceremony to the groom's parents in Louisiana, and I'm pretty sure they thought we were all nuts. :D Another one for the books. LOL