The EPIC trip that almost didnt happen

StayCool

That's the first time I've seen the charges posted for the med services - which is funny, since I've ended up there twice with family members (on 2 different cruises.) It's amazing to see what all they can do (and what they charge for it.)

Sorry your cruise was so chaotic - that travel path was a hoot.

That's the first time I've seen the charges posted for the med services - which is funny, since I've ended up there twice with family members (on 2 different cruises.) It's amazing to see what all they can do (and what they charge for it.)

Sorry your cruise was so chaotic - that travel path was a hoot.

That's why I took the pictures. It was weird that it was just out there. I think the captain initially attempted to find calmer waters and just gave up!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

what a nice trip report .. I know there were some bumps in the road but over all it sounds like you enjoyed the trip. I wouldn't think a short cruise would be too relaxing anyway. Couldn't believe the medical procedures and charges - thanks for sharing that... and your pictures were so good!

Since we were not going to go home we ended back at Maltings because I wanted more Old Fashions.

Around 10 pm we wandered back to our room. On the way we noticed they have a list of charges outside of medical. I work in the medical field so I took some pictures. I thought I was weird to see them posted like that. edd9c68fcfdb179a67b842f0be9ea0be.jpg6bf5e4a2e57bf553c27c7433f59ad590.jpge97450ee6f8ab9e043ad1fd8fcb5aeb1.jpg5c9d5d7bf0199bb41c2eb30d6821873c.jpg41f270f1884ff5d1459b487a512ce4f1.jpgae415f0a7a571ca63223f8287521caf5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good thing I booked the Ultimate Defibrillation Package.

Thanks, good job.

Particularly interesting to see the med charges listed like that.

Makes the case for Trip Insurance ! I've met people on cruises who didn't even know Medicare doesn't cover trips outside the US.

You might want to do some research on May sailings NY to Bermuda. Seas can be a bit rocky early in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't mind the rocking at all. Luckily I don't struggle with sea sickness. We are looking for another girls trip but hopefully one we can drive to the port.

Thanks, good job.

Particularly interesting to see the med charges listed like that.

Makes the case for Trip Insurance ! I've met people on cruises who didn't even know Medicare doesn't cover trips outside the US.

Yikes. I generally know what to expect for medical costs in the US so I don't think this is off base. As far as insurance goes I'm more worried about medical evacuation than anything else. That's crazy money.

• 4 weeks later...

You did a great job for your first review! We have found that the food on Epic is hit or miss. As far as a May cruise to Bermuda - sailing down the coast from NY is sometimes rocky, no matter what time of year it is. At least you won't have to deal with snow in May, though!