LIve - Bali - Hong Kong (3/24 - 4/8/2018)

Travelcat2

About the hall way carpet. What would you have Regent to install. Something that works for your living room but I suggest would not work for a cruise ship. I personally think the carpet is perfect for a cruise ship. It in my opinion is PERFECT.

Back on page 1 I was reminded to find out which C.D. will be replacing Ray in Hong Kong. It took me all of this time to find him and ask ........he answered and I don't recall her name. She is from the U.S. and gets rave reviews from passengers. We haven't sailed with her but did meet her once. Hopefully someone will know who I am referring to.

Happy and sad day on Voyager. Seeing the families come on board was amazing but in 40 minutes we all gather to wave goodbye. Massimo took a lot of photos that he will likely post on the RSSC Social Club (not sure if he posts on there or not) and I did not feel comfortable interrupting the short time that they had onboard. I'll try to take photos as we sail away.

Tomorrow is a sea day - then one more port and we arrive at our final destination - Hong Kong. As mentioned a few pages back, we leave the ship 8:30 p.m. the night before everyone else that departs in Hong Kong gets off of the ship. It has occurred to others disembarking in Hong Kong that have super late flights that they may have done better if they did what we did. A couple of people have been trying to make a reservation 24 hours later so they can stay in Hong Kong. Those 12:30 a.m. flights can be difficult. Our thinking is that we'll be 8 hours into our 13 1/2 hour flight by the time people disembark the ship and all we are missing is sleeping on the ship and waiting to get off.

Although I thought that I swore off excursions, the one on Friday (6 hours) sounds good. Ray just announced that all visitors have to get off of the ship. Bye for now

This is the carpeting in the entrance to the Observation Lounge. It should work out much better than the lighter colored carpeting that they had as this is a high traffic, high spill (drinks) area.

BTW, unless I’m mistaken, the carpet that I posted earlier is also on Explorer but I don’t recall it being in the hallways.

cc26e57008937291c230dbd6597264d8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jackie - en toute vitesse as we say here! - take a look at the thread I started re "our" mystery cruises in March 2020. I think I have found the answer to the puzzle!

Your photos are wonderful. But that carpet - yuck! Who on earth could even consider something like that? I am sorry your cruise is coming to an end. We have had a wonderful "virtual" time on the Voyager ever since Rich started his thread over a month ago now. Thank you (and Dennis) for taking us along. And a request? could you post a photo of the CR menu. I am fascinated by your comments...

thanks, Gerry

Jackie - en toute vitesse as we say here! - take a look at the thread I started re "our" mystery cruises in March 2020. I think I have found the answer to the puzzle!

Your photos are wonderful. But that carpet - yuck! Who on earth could even consider something like that? I am sorry your cruise is coming to an end. We have had a wonderful "virtual" time on the Voyager ever since Rich started his thread over a month ago now. Thank you (and Dennis) for taking us along. And a request? could you post a photo of the CR menu. I am fascinated by your comments...

thanks, Gerry

Gerry, will definitely try to post the menu. Only two nights left to do that.

In terms of "our" mystery cruise, it seems as if we can transfer to the Splendor (not sure how), but the ship will to turn around in Los Angeles and go back to Miami. Instead, it will be in Los Angeles long enough to have TA's board. Unfortunately, this would make our meeting for coffee not doable. Will we every meet? Certainly hope so!

Gerry, will definitely try to post the menu. Only two nights left to do that.

In terms of "our" mystery cruise, it seems as if we can transfer to the Splendor (not sure how), but the ship will to turn around in Los Angeles and go back to Miami. Instead, it will be in Los Angeles long enough to have TA's board. Unfortunately, this would make our meeting for coffee not doable. Will we every meet? Certainly hope so!

I suppose it depends on when you and Dennis plan to get to LA. Sheila already asked if we could switch to the LA MIami Cruise. But it doesn't mke sense for us...we have a garden and need to be home to look after it. Hope we can work something out. Let's see the real schedules etc first...

I have SO loved your reports from this cruise...sad it is almost over

Gerry

TC2,

Jackie, Judy and I as well as many others have enjoyed sharing your latest sailing adventure! This was indeed an exotic one! Tell Dennis hi for us and thanks again for sharing so much of your cruise with us all!!!!!

And a request? could you post a photo of the CR menu. I am fascinated by your comments...

thanks, Gerry

Gerry just remembered that the CR menu is on Regent's website (the part that doesn't change - there are specials every night - usually a couple of soups, salads, appetizers and a handful of main courses. Here is a link to what most of find to be a fabulous menu: https://www.rssc.com. NOTE: Could not link the menu but if use the link (left) and go to the website you then:

1. Click on "The All Inclusive Regent Experience"

2. Then click on "Cuisine"

3. Click "Compass Rose"

4. Finally, click on "Dinner"

Ken - will definitely tell Dennis "hi". He is currently on the balcony shaving - his favorite place to sit:-)

liptastic - yes it is Margaret Lynn. She will take over Sunday, April 8th in Hong Kong. Thanks for helping!

Edited by Travelcat2

Thanks Jackie - got it! And it looks as though there is something there for everyone. What a clever idea.

meantime - I have given my TA the "back up" of "your" Canal cruise in case she cannot get us the suite we want on the Miami/LA sailing... will of course let you know what happens.

Looking forward to your next report!

In Taipei -- will write more later and will post a lot of photos (you can then see what I'm really interested in and what excites me on an excursion).

The main reason for this post is to make a note of something that we saw on the bus (best bus we have been on during this cruise) that we have not seen previously - ever! The bus driver blew into a device to measure his alcohol level and showed us that it was "0.00". This little country is unique and quite special!

Great photos and commentary, as always Jackie!

I figured out how to post photos with Tapatalk, but not how to add a caption under each like you do. I will have to work on that tomorrow.

I am reliably informed that these breathaliser systems and devices are becoming increasingly common in the UK and the USA at least - possibly further afield as well. If drugs/alcohol are detected in the driver's breath, the engine will not start.

I am reliably informed that these breathaliser systems and devices are becoming increasingly common in the UK and the USA at least - possibly further afield as well. If drugs/alcohol are detected in the driver's breath, the engine will not start.

This is true in the U.S. but only for people that have received a drunk driving ticket. The breathalyzer is attached to the engine. In the case of our driver, it was a standalone unit that he brought up to show all of us. Very impressive.

Sorry that I cannot post photos tonight - the ship is moving sideways quite dramatically and will do so until tomorrow morning. We also need to pack, etc. since we are leaving the ship at 8:30 p.m. tomorrow.

I will say that in 1987 - the first time that we went to Southeast Asia (Thailand) we experienced for the first time the calmness of the Buddhist people. We were in bumper to bumper traffic - honking their horns madly but, when they made eye contact with the other driver, they smiled. This made a major impression on me - enough so that I read the Buddhist bible that was in our hotel. While we do not look at the religious part of Buddhism, we look at their way of life and are in awe. From that day forward I have wanted to achieve the peace and calmness that they feel. So, being in a Buddhist memorial area could not have been a better place for us. Photos still to come........

This is true in the U.S. but only for people that have received a drunk driving ticket. The breathalyzer is attached to the engine.

Actually, I was referring to coaches and other forms of public transport and not to private vehicles. Anyone with a drink driving conviction in the UK receives an automatic ban from driving and would never be employed as a coach driver.

Great photos and commentary, as always Jackie!

I figured out how to post photos with Tapatalk, but not how to add a caption under each like you do. I will have to work on that tomorrow.

From your other thread, it seems that you are using an Android device to post your photos, is that correct?

If so, I have not been able to find a way to mix text and photos using my Android device, perhaps someone else has.

However, it is possible to post your photos using the Tapatalk app as you have been doing, then log on to CC with a computer, and edit your post. It is relatively easy to do this.

Bob