Half Moon Cay, cost of chairs, umbrellas, half-shell cabanas, floats, etc.

LongHill44

We are on the waiting list for a wooden cabana that includes a lot of what we wanted, so if that falls through......

Cost to rent

Chairs?

Umbrellas?

Half-shell portable cabanas?

Floats?

And where do we rent such? More so those blue floats?

Thanks

We are on the waiting list for a wooden cabana that includes a lot of what we wanted, so if that falls through......

Cost to rent ? What exactly are you looking to rent? Cabanas are an excursion listed on your Cruise Manager- paid in full when reserving. Actually picking out the cabana happens once you board the ship- cost varies by cruise so you will need check your excursions for the cost on your actual cruise.

Chairs? Free

Umbrellas? No Umbrellas on Half Moon Cay

Half-shell portable cabanas? Are you talking about the Clamshell?- these are rented once on the island

Floats? These are rented once on the island

And where do we rent such? There will be a booth that you can rent the items available on the island from. More so those blue floats? If available these will be rented on the island

Thanks

Hope my answers in red help you.

Happy Sailing!

Cost to rent

Chairs?

Umbrellas?

Half-shell portable cabanas?

Floats?

And where do we rent such? More so those blue floats?

Thanks

Chairs are free. There are PLENTY of chairs in the shade, especially if you keep walking past the pirate ship.

Clamshells are $30 and not worth it since there is plenty of chairs in the shade. We made the mistake of renting one before realizing there were all these shaded trees.

Floaties are $20 but u could just bring a cheap one to blow up yourself and toss when done.

We were at HMC in October. The clamshells were like $30-$35 for a day. We wished we had not paid for one though. No air flow in those things, was like an oven in there. And like others said, we could have had chairs in the shade if we’d have walked a little further down the beach. Lesson learned

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chairs are free. There are PLENTY of chairs in the shade, especially if you keep walking past the pirate ship.

Clamshells are $30 and not worth it since there is plenty of chairs in the shade. We made the mistake of renting one before realizing there were all these shaded trees.

Floaties are $20 but u could just bring a cheap one to blow up yourself and toss when done.

While I agree with most of your post, the one thing I take issue with is the "toss when done". Trash disposal in the Caribbean (and in the oceans) is a BIG problem. A blow up floatey thing is useful for more than one use. Please don't leave it for the locals to find proper disposal. Take it back with you and use it again. Please people. let's be conscious of not ruining what we love.

While I agree with most of your post, the one thing I take issue with is the "toss when done". Trash disposal in the Caribbean (and in the oceans) is a BIG problem. A blow up floatey thing is useful for more than one use. Please don't leave it for the locals to find proper disposal. Take it back with you and use it again. Please people. let's be conscious of not ruining what we love.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with SCAnthony-those clam shells are like being in an oven, no breeze or air flow. We rented one years ago, DH shouldn't be out in the sun, and our sailing companion is allergic to sun, perhaps a bad choice of a cruise for her, but we did rent one, put the three of us in it, and I pulled my chair out in less than 2 minutes. Dh stayed in for about 20 minutes, and friend had the clam shell to herself. There is lots of shade to be had.

If the surf is right- there is great body surfing there. I agree with Seascout-dont leave your litter there. Save it for the next island!

I took it to mean toss in the trash, not leave on the beach.

The ship disposes of waste in an environmentally responsible manner.