Looking for a half day snorkel tour with sea turtles

james'mommy

• 2 months later...

We did the Boatyard last year and waited patiently for our snorkel tour to the turtles....just shook our heads when we got there as we waited several hours when we could have walked to the entry point along the beach and snorkelled out to the turtle spot.

We did the Boatyard last year and waited patiently for our snorkel tour to the turtles....just shook our heads when we got there as we waited several hours when we could have walked to the entry point along the beach and snorkelled out to the turtle spot.

Yes - if you have your own gear and if you can swim out that far and also make it back. :o

• 1 month later...

We were on Calabazza; it was great. We also walked to the beach and went to a bar/beach area just to the side of the Boatyard. There was a small charge for a chair and a couple of drinks. Much less crowded than the Boatyard area.

We had snorkel boat people come up and offer us a snorkel trip, at the time we wanted. I think it was $15 each. They took us out to snorkel at a shipwreck and to another area to snorkel with turtles. It was fine, especially since we have done all this before in Barbados and elsewhere. The boat was not especially crowded and we chose the time to go, spent the rest eating, relaxing and walking the beach.

We took a taxi back. It was a nice day.

Our ship doesn’t arrive until 11 AM, yet all of these companies seem to leave around 9 AM...has anyone had the late arrival in port and was able to find a catamaran tour? Any info is much appreciated. Thanks.

Both Silver Moon and Calabaza do afternoon / sunset trips that leave about 2PM. One of them would be a good option if you are overnighting in Barbados, or leaving after 7 or 8 PM.

Both Silver Moon and Calabaza do afternoon / sunset trips that leave about 2PM. One of them would be a good option if you are overnighting in Barbados, or leaving after 7 or 8 PM.

We've just booked an afternoon cruise including snorkeling with the turtles on SilverMoon, from 2:45 - 6:45.

They return just minutes from the dock area, so at least for an 8pm departure or later, should be fine.

But I don't think for 7pm.

GC

I spent a week on Barbados this spring and did the sail snorkel with Calabaza.. I have done this same trip while on cruises in the past with Silver Moon and Elegance. The biggest advantage of all of them is they limit the passenger number to 12. They all go to the same snorkel spots. My favorite of the three based entirely on food and service was Elegance.

The turtle stop was quite sad, one old turtle that was only there because all of these boats feed it. It could not compare swimming with the turtles in their natural environment on my last St John vacation. The shipwreck snorkel is also a man made tourist stop. Not much natural snorkeling in Barbados waters.

I spent a week on Barbados this spring and did the sail snorkel with Calabaza.. I have done this same trip while on cruises in the past with Silver Moon and Elegance. The biggest advantage of all of them is they limit the passenger number to 12. They all go to the same snorkel spots. My favorite of the three based entirely on food and service was Elegance.

The turtle stop was quite sad, one old turtle that was only there because all of these boats feed it. It could not compare swimming with the turtles in their natural environment on my last St John vacation. The shipwreck snorkel is also a man made tourist stop. Not much natural snorkeling in Barbados waters.

Oh dear...

Meanwhile, do you have a link for the St. John "swimming with turtles"?

Thanks!

GC