Penthouse Suite Mini bar

sillyyak

Hi I'm new to NCL we're booked for a Mediterranean cruise in November.

We have done a couple of Cunard Cruises and I am trying to work out the bonuses we received in a suite. I know there is Butler service does this include room service breakfast without extra cost?The mini bar is mentioned but is it free and topped up ? Do you choose what you want in it as on Cunard in Queens Grill?Is Bottled water supplied free and replenished? I have been reading the NCL board and can't find anything regarding these.

I would like to know what is included and what's not so that we don't have a large surprised when we pay our bill at the end of the cruise.

Any tips will be really helpful.

Thanking you all

Sillyyak

Welcome! So umm... water... no, you pay, iirc you get a bottle free and that's it (though that may have been a Latitudes perk). Don't get this board started on water ;) Mini bar, definitely NOT free. I believe that there is a room service charge. NCL offers good cabin prices... but make it up in other ways.

Corrected on the room service charge... never use it!

Edited by Notnewtoit

Your butler will prove white tablecloth breakfast service from any restaurant. There will be “standard” check box breakfast cards in your suite. Ignore the check boxes and write in what you want. Fried eggs, filet steak, fresh fruit, cheese, breads, juices, coffee. Anything off of the breakfast menus at the MDR or suites restaurant. Free.

Minibar is NOT included in the penthouse suites (Princess Geill equivalent). and you will be charged for anything removed from it. People in Owners Suites (Queens Grill equivalent) get some items from the mini-suite.

In a penthouse suite, you get one bottle of water which is NOT replenished. You can purchase additional bottles.

You can ONLY order what is on the menu in all restaurants, including the suites restaurant. No “can you cook special fish table side for me”. It is just a high street restaurant.

No reserved table in the suites restaurant. You need to wait for tables. We are Platinum members on Cunard and miss the service in the Queens Grill. But like the itineraries on NCL.

Hi I'm new to NCL we're booked for a Mediterranean cruise in November.

We have done a couple of Cunard Cruises and I am trying to work out the bonuses we received in a suite. I know there is Butler service does this include room service breakfast without extra cost?The mini bar is mentioned but is it free and topped up ? Do you choose what you want in it as on Cunard in Queens Grill?Is Bottled water supplied free and replenished? I have been reading the NCL board and can't find anything regarding these.

I would like to know what is included and what's not so that we don't have a large surprised when we pay our bill at the end of the cruise.

Any tips will be really helpful.

Thanking you all

Sillyyak

You receive Butler and Concierge service (they're not included in the Daily Service Charge), no bottled water, Mini fridge is extra charge with a menu in your cabin, there is a very nice coffee machine in your room and the butler will stock your preferences for you free of charge.

Room service is a popular benifit of suites and there's no charge for it, let your Butler know your preferences and he'll provide the service, breakfast, lunch or dinner. The butler will also deliver snacks every afternoon and you ask for anything special you'd, if he has it, he'll get it for you.

Enjoy your cruise.

Not really. Compare with MSCs Yacht Club.

MSC also include the minibar and bottled water for their Yacht Club suites.

Very interesting, I've never looked at MSC before as I loathe organized dining... but that doesn't appear to be a necessity. Thanks for the heads up!

I did a quick comparison, we're currently booked on Jade for 11 days at Christmas, Mini-Suite $7,321. Yacht Club Deluxe Suite (looks similar), $7,763... with a better package. Very interesting!

:cool:

Your butler will prove white tablecloth breakfast service from any restaurant. There will be “standard” check box breakfast cards in your suite. Ignore the check boxes and write in what you want. Fried eggs, filet steak, fresh fruit, cheese, breads, juices, coffee. Anything off of the breakfast menus at the MDR or suites restaurant. Free.

Minibar is NOT included in the penthouse suites (Princess Geill equivalent). and you will be charged for anything removed from it. People in Owners Suites (Queens Grill equivalent) get some items from the mini-suite.

In a penthouse suite, you get one bottle of water which is NOT replenished. You can purchase additional bottles.

You can ONLY order what is on the menu in all restaurants, including the suites restaurant. No “can you cook special fish table side for me”. It is just a high street restaurant.

No reserved table in the suites restaurant. You need to wait for tables. We are Platinum members on Cunard and miss the service in the Queens Grill. But like the itineraries on NCL.

We are booked in a penthouse suite for this summer on the Escape and the amenities stated one 1L bottle of water per person per day is provided.

We are booked in a penthouse suite for this summer on the Escape and the amenities stated one 1L bottle of water per person per day is provided.

Just got off the Getaway. Had a PH suite and can tell you that it is only 1 bottle of water, not replenished, and 1 bottle of sparkling wine, not replenished.

The table in the suite is suitable for 2 or 3 people and cramped if you have 4. We were 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 8).

If you are PH Aft, the balcony is huge. It is also a long walk to the haven.

Just got off the Getaway. Had a PH suite and can tell you that it is only 1 bottle of water, not replenished, and 1 bottle of sparkling wine, not replenished.

The table in the suite is suitable for 2 or 3 people and cramped if you have 4. We were 2 adults and 2 children (5 & 8).

If you are PH Aft, the balcony is huge. It is also a long walk to the haven.

We are booking from the UK, perhaps that’s the difference as my amenities definitely states one bottle of water pp per day

The restaurants might not be a "anything you want" type so if Blackened Sea Bass isn't on the menu no you can't order.

BUT that being said.

They can do certain things within realistic expectations.

Want other veggie options than what your meal comes with? Ask the server if they can do _____ ?

You want hash browns with your Filet at evening meal. Go ahead and ask.

Cagneys never seems to have French dressing but I ask and they say they will get me some.

Want vanilla ice cream with your bread pudding? Just ask and you shall receive!!

Thanks everyone ,

We booked the Spirit because of the itinerary which is based around the Greek islands .

Realised we didn't have any idea how NCL works so started reading the cruise critic board to get some insider knowledge .

Knew if I had a question about anything that you would be able to answer it.

Thanks again