Splendour

eliana

I suppose all of us have just received the email from Regent on Splendour, or was it just sent to those of us in Britain. We are a bit anxious of booking the ship in its first season as there are always teething issues and problems. We have experienced these twice on other lines and thus waited almost a year before we booked on Explorer. Is this caution justified or are we over-anxious.

We waited until Explorer’s second season before trying her out.

Apart from avoiding any early snags & service issues, the first season of a new ship is usually overpriced, or at least not discounted (bar any early shakedown freebies).

With all the excellent ships now available in the Regent fleet, itinerary and value will drive our choices.

Actually, Explorer's first transatlantic sailing (4 months after the maiden voyage) was extremely reasonable - enough so that we were in a Master Suite.

Just came from the Cruise Consultant's presentation and he indicated that we can start booking Splendor on April 12th - earlier than I heard previously.

Sailed on two segments (March-April, 2017) on Explorer from Miami, via Barcelona, to Venice. Any "teething" issues which may have occurred earlier were not present. Of course, this situation may have been assured due to top-brass Regent management (with family members) being onboard in connection with Regent's 25th Year Anniversary.

Bottom line: No problems. Just enjoy. Will be back on Explorer in 2019; and again in early 2020 to celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary.

GOARMY!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Our 50th will be celebrated on Splendor, not Explorer. This was made "official" earlier today by Regent via our TA.

We will retain our same Suite; no increase in price. Just a newer ship. But again, Splendor will have been at sea for a little over a month before beginning the LA-Miami segment. The "bugs" should have been worked out.

GOARMY!

Quick update:

Our 50th will be celebrated on Splendor, not Explorer. This was made "official" earlier today by Regent via our TA.

We will retain our same Suite; no increase in price. Just a newer ship. But again, Splendor will have been at sea for a little over a month before beginning the LA-Miami segment. The "bugs" should have been worked out.

GOARMY!

We are very excited that our cruise is now on Splendor. Hadn’t really planned on booking Splendor due to the booking frenzy that will be going on next week. Having a guaranteed booking in the same category as we had on Explorer is icing on the cake!

We sailed on the Explorer ( my favorite ship) twice. November 2016 was its first sailing across the Atlantic. No problems at all. Loved it so much, we did it again in November 2017.

We are delighted that we will be sailing on Splendor (its third sailing) on March 14, 2020! We were switched from the Explorer ( now Splendor is my new favorite ship).

Yahoo!

Sheila

Plus the Splendor, according to the itineraries I have, will have a few days in Miami after the TA so presumably any serious "bugs" can be dealt with then. I suppose this is also a sort of "fam trip" for travelagents and people Regent wants to know about the ship.