Just another Oasis (lack of) Service Thread

Labadee food has always been just what I have expected. Gourmet? No. Satisfying beach food, YES.

Not sure what you expected. It is not a Maine cooked to order clambake with lobsters and steamers, and I would not expect it.

Please just enjoy the sun, sand, water, and some basic beach food.

I said there was nothing great about it. I wasn't expecting lobster. Don't know why people go to extremes around here trying to make a point.:rolleyes:

Did you have access to the cabana buffet? I have been to Labadee many times and I would never describe the food there as great.

Both the cabana and regular food locations were available to us.

The regular food is pretty good - the ribs were actually fantastic. The cabana buffet food is always great.

Currently on Oasis and we have had great service, thankfully. The dinner menus seem more limited, but every night, we have enjoyed the food. Our kids asked for cold soups and our waiter has had them at the table the past three nights. Lobster night was very busy in the dinning room and all the waiters and assistants and even the head waiters were hustling.

Our room steward is doing a great job and both rooms have been cleaned by 10AM and again while we are at dinner.

Bar service has been great. So far, the lines at guest services look short, but I expect them to be longer tonight.

I said there was nothing great about it. I wasn't expecting lobster. Don't know why people go to extremes around here trying to make a point.:rolleyes:

Silly people. If you wanted a clambake you'd have one in your backyard not on a cruise.:rolleyes:;p

The flies there sure seem to enjoy it! :D

I don't know what they're doing but the last few times we've been I don't recall any flies. We usually do the Barefoot Beach buffet and it's always decent. Last visit we went to Nellies and I was surprised it was just as good as Barefoot.

My personal opinion of the Labadee buffet aligns with your’s, Ocean Boy. The food in the regular Labadee buffet holds no charms for me; never has. Still, it is clear that some folks really like that sort of food on their beach day. And not just on Labadee and not just on cruise ships. Near many (cruise and non-cruise stop) beaches over the years, I see happy people seemly greatly enjoying casual fare, while I (and sometimes DH) find it boring, poorly prepared, and overpriced to boot. Then again, many of the seem to love beer, a taste I never acquired. I’ll no more critique their taste in casual food then their taste in beverages. To each his own.

7 sun-filled days, a great bunch from roll call, diving, ice, headliner shows all fantastic. Coffee an croissants in Central Park-always a Home Run!

Unfortunately:

Windjammer food totally devoid of any flavor

The ship was simply under-staffed. Wait for: food, drinks, cabin not cleaned until 5 PM twice, 1 hour 15 line for burgers and dogs at Labadee. Lines at guest services.

1/2 of our 115 member roll call complained about .....SERVICE. One gal, who has sailed OAS 5 times said "never again"!

So before the RC Cheerleaders flame me, We won`t sail RCL again.

See Ya!!....:rolleyes:

My personal opinion of the Labadee buffet aligns with your’s, Ocean Boy. The food in the regular Labadee buffet holds no charms for me; never has. Still, it is clear that some folks really like that sort of food on their beach day. And not just on Labadee and not just on cruise ships. Near many (cruise and non-cruise stop) beaches over the years, I see happy people seemly greatly enjoying casual fare, while I (and sometimes DH) find it boring, poorly prepared, and overpriced to boot. Then again, many of the seem to love beer, a taste I never acquired. I’ll no more critique their taste in casual food then their taste in beverages. To each his own.

Can you imagine the uproar you would hear if people ever saw a fly checking the food in the Windjammer? Yet, some how, on Labadee their multiple landings on the food contribute to the "wonderful atmosphere" of the place.

And the same food that people go crazy for on Labadee is the same as what is served in the Windjammer that people are endlessly complaining about on these boards. I guess it tastes different when brought on land... or maybe it is the seasoning that the flies leave behind.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I don't know what they're doing but the last few times we've been I don't recall any flies. We usually do the Barefoot Beach buffet and it's always decent. Last visit we went to Nellies and I was surprised it was just as good as Barefoot.

Me either because after so many times with flies, I now go back to the ship to eat.