Splendor's Inaugural Season booking starts April 11

Portolan

You can Google Regent Seven Seas Splendor and get the brochure on line. But anyway - here is a link:

https://www.rssc.com/ebrochures/DM180404_SplendorBrochure_DE/?s=EM_RSS_PL_BRA_EMI_CTB_EML_WEEKLYOFF_APR184363_NA_DA_SHIPSPLENDOR

it seems obvious to me that Splendor is taking over Explorer's Panama Canal cruises...I have asked my TA to get my reservation switched when booking opens next week. I also noticed that Splendor is on a Trans Atlantic before going to LA on the Panama Canal itinerary...but there is a 4 day gap between when she arrives in Miami and when she leaves for LA on 25 February. I assume (of course do not know for sure) that a short sort of "fam trip" will be organised then for top RSSC regulars AND travel agents... and investors? I could be very wrong about all this...but that is what looks logical to me.

I havent checked, but is this information not available online??? I'll be going to the website shortly, but if I dont find it it'll be a major turn off .

Ok, just went to website and its not there. So let me get this straight, its available in some brochure sent to a selected few, but not online?? ok, whatever!

Nobody can book these cruises until the 11th at which time I'd expect them to be on-line.

Nobody can book these cruises until the 11th at which time I'd expect them to be on-line.

I didn't get the brochure but my TA sent this. I'm sorry that some of the lower suite pricing is cut off.

e5ac9724591ba999abd37edcaed79ef6.jpg

10718b9c8f81e03664e70fdfdffe4ae9.jpg

6a56444fdca9058fc6ee096c2b54efc1.jpg

92d16eb3499b52ad9f2d99f66ab269bd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got the Splendor catalog in the mail today. OMG....For what it must've cost to mail the thing and the super duper ultra embossing, size, etc., the total cost of that baby must've been close to 5$ per.....whoo hoo!

Just got the Splendor catalog in the mail today. OMG....For what it must've cost to mail the thing and the super duper ultra embossing, size, etc., the total cost of that baby must've been close to 5$ per.....whoo hoo!

Can’t believe that we are on the Voyager an haven’t seen the brochure yet. Thanks to all of you that are providing information — it is really appreciated!

Can’t believe that we are on the Voyager an haven’t seen the brochure yet. Thanks to all of you that are providing information — it is really appreciated!

With your extensive experience- do you regard these as a good offer(with reference to a suite you would normally go for)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With your extensive experience- do you regard these as a good offer(with reference to a suite you would normally go for)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes - in fact, although I have not studied them, some of the fares seem lower than when Explorer was launched. The fare for the suite we had booked on Explorer which is now going to be on Splendor is about $3K higher than before. Not sure how they will handle those of us that were already booked on that cruise.

In general, Explorer and Splendor will have higher fares than the rest of the ships and to me this makes sense as the ships are newer and are simply worth more money to sail on (in our opinion - others may disagree).

My calculations agree with Jackie's - we are booked in a Grand Suite on Explorer for the Miami/LA cruise and the cost of that is $18'199 pp before any deductions for SSS, no air etc etc. Same suite on the Splendour, identical itinerary but 6 days earlier is $19'699pp. So $3k for both of us. That is a LOT more.

I, too, am waiting to see what Regent offers the pax whose cruise on Explorer seems about to be cancelled! This is a fascinating situation...and I seriously doubt (comment, please Jackie!) that they will run both ships over the same itineraries 6 days apart.

My calculations agree with Jackie's - we are booked in a Grand Suite on Explorer for the Miami/LA cruise and the cost of that is $18'199 pp before any deductions for SSS, no air etc etc. Same suite on the Splendour, identical itinerary but 6 days earlier is $19'699pp. So $3k for both of us. That is a LOT more.

I, too, am waiting to see what Regent offers the pax whose cruise on Explorer seems about to be cancelled! This is a fascinating situation...and I seriously doubt (comment, please Jackie!) that they will run both ships over the same itineraries 6 days apart.

I'm not a betting person but would bet that Explorer will be doing different itineraries.

The point is not if I can book it or not. The point is why would they send brochures to some with information about itineraries, but that same information is not made available to all via the website

cruiseluv: Most of us are just chopped liver, I guess.

Yes Poss, my sentiments exactly. They seem to be a bit tone deaf on public relations. And now that I read about the debacle at a recent cruise on the Norwegian Sun ( owned by Regent's parent company NCL), I guess I'm starting to understand the mindset there.

Oddly, only the last scheduled Splendor cruise has a web page:

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/SPL200626/summary

I'm sure the others will join the party soon.

But Reggie, if you are paying attention, note that the Splendor Suite is missing from the pricing table. Probably a coding error since it's a new category. And I'm sure that will be fixed soon too.

Splendor Suite does have pricing in the brochure for earlier cruises It is the same category as Explorer Suite. We were in that suite in November on the Explorer. However, it does not seem to have the same layout, even though the footprint on the deck plan is the same. Just checked the above cruise, it is missing the Splendor Suite.

I guess corrections are still happening

Sheila

Splendor Suite does have pricing in the brochure for earlier cruises It is the same category as Explorer Suite. We were in that suite in November on the Explorer. However, it does not seem to have the same layout, even though the footprint on the deck plan is the same. Just checked the above cruise, it is missing the Splendor Suite.

I guess corrections are still happening

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

At least you got the brochure, I cant comment because I've seen nothing...

Haven't seen a brochure - but we rarely (actually never) get sent them - I'm in the UK, not sure if this is the case for fellow Brits?

One thing I've noticed about the website though, is that the toiletries are showing as "Luxurious Bath Amenities" in all suite categories and not "Guerlain Soaps, Shampoos & Lotions & L'Occitane Mer & Mistral Soaps, Shampoos & Lotions" - made me wonder if Regent are going to appoint a new brand?

Personally I wish they'd go back to L'Occitane Verbena products - far superior (imo) to Mer & Mistral.