Changing cabin categories—will I loose OBC?

I booked a J4 cabin for an upcoming cruise. I have $200 OBC. If I change the booking to a J3' date=' which costs a little more money—will I loose my $200 OBC in the process?[/quote']

You will lose any promo OBC that was associated with the J4 price when you booked it. However, you will gain any promo OBC that is associated with the J3 price when you make the move. You will not lose any OBC that came from booking on board.

Sorry Bob... But this is NOT what was told to me by the NEXT CRUISE fellow on Brillance the other day...

I was told... If I changed cabins I would NOT loose my on board credit AND of course get my balcony discount.

I repeatedly questioned this and he said RCI had a price guarantee....

I still don't believe him but that's what he said!!!

He warned me the 50 percent off sale was More per person than the previous sale I agreed and am holding off upgrading cabins at this point!

Sorry Bob... But this is NOT what was told to me by the NEXT CRUISE fellow on Brillance the other day...

I was told... If I changed cabins I would NOT loose my on board credit AND of course get my balcony discount.

I repeatedly questioned this and he said RCI had a price guarantee....

I still don't believe him but that's what he said!!!

He warned me the 50 percent off sale was More per person than the previous sale I agreed and am holding off upgrading cabins at this point!

Read my post above again, especially this part: You will not lose any OBC that came from booking on board.

If the OBC you were getting on by booking on board Brilliance was totally that from booking on board, then you would not lose it. However, if some of the OBC you were getting was part of a price promo, then you would potentially lose that part by switching categories.

My experience also. We were originally booked in a balcony while on Jan 2017 sailing. We took advantage of a sale and upgraded to a JS and kept the orignal OBC and added $200 from the promotion.