Transatlantic B2B or R/T

firerunner

I am trying to find a transatlantic b2b or r/t is this even possible or doable? I probably need to find a TA to help lol

Little back round, I am sick, last year we did an Alaska cruise flew from florida to seattle and back. However the flight KILLED me argh. So there is no way we can fly to Spain or England ect and cruise back. We had hoped to fly over and do a land tour of 14 to 20 days. But again, the flight and my illness, was just too much for me.

BUT, we can cruise from florida and then cruise back..if anything like that exist. I do not care if it is with the same company, same ship etc. But it does need to be a B2B or at most one overnight. (if that makes sense) I know we will be looking at 24/26 days on a ship.

So do these even exist? I tried looking on carnival (seen no Transatlantic) Princess and RC and all I did was confuse myself.

So help! Is it possible or am I sitting here wasting my time.

Try Cunard but they mostly go from NYC

You could go with one line & take one of the Cunard ships back maybe the train to Florida

I noticed the Carnival Horizon leaves from Barcelona to NYC on May 9th

Now if you could find a ship to Barcelona in April that may work

Edited by LHT28

Most of the TAs are repositioning cruises. In the spring, ships are moved from the Caribbean to Europe. In the fall, they come back.

Cunard provides regular crossings, so may be the answer for you. You could either take 2 of the Cunard crossings or pair one with another lines TA.

Most of the mainstream cruise lines that cruise in and out of the US to Europe will be leaving the US in Spring and coming back in Fall.

Cunard's Queen Mary 2 does Transatlantic crossing pretty often throughout the year, typically 7 nights.

What we have done several times:

For example last year we took a Royal Caribbean ship out of Florida in Spring to Europe, did our traveling around and cruising in Europe, then we had booked a TA crossing on Queen Mary 2 and came back across to the US.

I really, really do not like flying any more than I have to, so I tend to put together trips that have as little air travel as possible. I can tolerate Texas to Florida and New York to Texas, but whenever possible I avoid flights.

Hope this helps answer your question.

What are the months that you are interested in and how long would you want to be gone?

If all you want is back to back US/Europe/US you can do that on Queen Mary 2.

You can also take a ship out of Florida to Europe in Spring and do a b2b2b etc. on that ship seeing the countries that ship is going to. Of course you would need to start looking at itineraries and decide where you want to go and what you want to see. If, for example, you took a ship out of Florida that went to Barcelona you could have it booked for you to stay on b2b or b2b2b, and if the ship ends up back in Barcelona you can do a little rail travel in Europe to get yourself back to Southampton where you will greet Queen Mary 2 to take you back to the US.

If you can't tolerate a flight from home to NYC you could probably do Amtrak.

In Fall it would just work in reverse, Queen Mary 2 to Europe etc.

Edited by SPacificbound
spelling

HAL Rotterdam Voyage of the Vikings round trip from Boston going to Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Rotterdam and coming back with different ports; a total of 38 days in the summer of 2018, or 35 days in summer of 2019.

Here is a source for TAs. The latest is mid May. You could then wait in Europe for QM2 to return you to the US. EM

http://www.cruisetransatlantic.com/cruises.html

This is the best bet: an eastbound repositioning in the Spring followed by a QM2 crossing back. OP is a little too narrow in his specifications, however - the back-to-back or one day maximum layover is extremely unlikely and he would have to train (or fly) back to Florida from New York. While it would be nice to have an apple as juicy as an orange with the flavor of a peach, you cannot have it all.

This year would have been a perfect time for an early westbound cruise on Carnival, since they are bringing the Horizon over in May.

I have friends leaving Eastbound in about a week on NCL, then throwing in a couple of 7 days on Pullmantur and MSC, then coming back on the Horizon.

We have done 6 round trips to Europe...via ships. Two of them were long cruises on the Prinsendam (Grand Med cruise) that started and ended at Port Everglades. The other 4 were much more interesting as we used a combination of ships plus land time. We often will take a spring time repo cruise from a Florida port to Europe, spend some time in Europe (often 4-8 weeks) and then grab another ship back to the USA. For the return we have used the Queen Mary 2, but also done it on some HAL ships (that happened to be coming back to the USA).

This year I do not see any repo cruises in the early summer...so if were to do it this year we would take a repo cruise to Europe and eventually return on one of the Queen Mary crossings. The Queen Mary 2 also has a couple of round trip cruises from NYC...this summer.

Hank

after reading alot more today and all your help I do think this is possible! We do have a TA so I dropped an email to her asking for her help. I can fly on short trips NYC or Ontario, couple of hours it is those longggggggggggg ones that caused me some issues. We are actually doing a Canadian/New England in May 2019 (I need a HC room so we book way in advance so we get the room we want)

Since we are self employed we can pretty much go any time and for any length. I was thinking 4 weeks. So for now I wait on what the TA say.

after reading alot more today and all your help I do think this is possible! We do have a TA so I dropped an email to her asking for her help. I can fly on short trips NYC or Ontario, couple of hours it is those longggggggggggg ones that caused me some issues. We are actually doing a Canadian/New England in May 2019 (I need a HC room so we book way in advance so we get the room we want)

Since we are self employed we can pretty much go any time and for any length. I was thinking 4 weeks. So for now I wait on what the TA say.

It might even get better for you :). Consider taking a repositioning cruise from a Florida port over to Europe. Then when you are ready to come home, cruise from Southampton to NYC. Once at NYC its only a short taxi ride to the train station where you can take AMTRAK to Florida. Now I would not personally do that train (I think its about 30 hours and costs more then air) but its an option for those who do not want to fly.

Hank

The previous post (I think) offers the best suggestion. You could either to a Fla to Europe repo in the spring and take the QM back to NY or take the QM to Europe in the early fall and a repo back to Fla when a lot of ships return for the winter Caribbean season. As you noted, flying from Fla to Seattle and back is no walk in the park, it's long and you probably had at least one connection. I know it's not ideal, but if you flew OW to or from NY, there are many non-stops and it's little more than 2 and 1/2 hrs. Much more palatable than Fla/Seattle. Probably less expensive and I think I could handle that over a 30 hr train ride.

As long as a NY -FLA flight works for you - less than three hours in the same time zone, then pairing a trans-Atlantic repositioning to or from Florida with a Cunard QM2 crossing between Southampton and New York should be the best. The only snag might be needing to hang out a few days in Southampton (checking out England) while waiting for the connection.

Nah,, think out of the box. No reason to hang out in Southampton (not the best place to hang). Once you get to the UK or the continent you are in Europe and can enjoy yourself. The last time we took a repo over to Europe we jumped off our ship (Ruby Princess) 1 day early in the Port of Le Havre. We then took the train to Paris and spent a week (in a rental apartment) before renting a car for a month and driving South to Avignon (we we rented another apartment) and then up along Eastern France (through part of the French Alps) before spending some time in Northeastern France. At that point, we could have simply made our way (via train) to Southampton and returned on the Queen Mary 2....but instead opted to fly home from CDG.

Once you are in Europe the options are nearly endless...only constrained by one's budget, time, and spirit of adventure.

Hank