Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Okay, so just looking at the collections, I think these are probably the strongest top three.

Kenley's is definitely an interesting amalgamation of 40s, 50s, and a bit of 80s all blended together.

I can see a lot of young girls loving her clothing.

Korto's is really a beautiful subtle use of African shapes, silhouettes, folding techniques, and colors - but reinvented so subtly - I'm not sure if people will pick that up. I actually think it's a great job of taking those influences, toning them down for a wide variety of women and a worldwide marketplace.

Leanne's are an absolutely wonderful interpretation of her idea of waves.

Both the colors, shapes, and (probably when we see it move) the flow.

I see them all doing well.

CJW, thanks for the photos. I'm watching the show now and so wish you were watching it as the same time as me so I could ask your opinion on some things that have been happening.

In addition to Bianca from America's Next Top Model, one of the girls from Make Me a Supermodel was at the model casting (I don't know if you watched that show).

Can't wait to see who wins. All their collections were great!Just wish Kenley had a better attitude.

Well, I am pretty sure that was Kenley's thought too when they announced Tim Gunn would be the judge for the finals.:eek: The look on her face was priceless.

Well, I am pretty sure that was Kenley's thought too when they announced Tim Gunn would be the judge for the finals.:eek: The look on her face was priceless.

Did you happen to notice the look on Tim's face right after he talked to Kenley about the rope on one of the dresses? It was very quick and fleeting, but coming from him, priceless as well.:D

Did you happen to notice the look on Tim's face right after he talked to Kenley about the rope on one of the dresses? It was very quick and fleeting, but coming from him, priceless as well.:D

I think that is as close to an eyeroll as you will ever see from Tim, knowing what a gentleman he is.

Nasty Jennifer Lopez pulling a no-show was the talk of fashion week here in NY. She hurt her foot...so what! Put on your big girl pants, and have your bevvy of servants help you into the tents.What's the dif? Oh right, I forgot, it's all about her! :mad:

They should have just made Fern Mallis the official other judge. She was telling Nina Garcia her opinion during the whole show anyway. :D

Leanne's collection, though magnificent, was too much of the same. Nina Garcia commented on that too. I thought it would have cost her the win.

Korto disappointed me. She's so talented and some of the dresses were so below her level, especially the green ones. The halter one was great, but the others were very mediocre. Some of the dresses were great, but a few were clunkers for me.

Kenley is very talented, but I knew she wouldn't win. The judges don't like her. The dress that Tim wanted her eliminate - with the rope - looked incredible. And the black slinky one was amazingly chic.

And apropos to our discussion last week about not having support, she did have her Mom, Dad and sister at the show.

I think all of these collections were interesting .. but there could only be one winner. I think Leanne was a fair choice .. but I agree with others that said her collection was a bit one note (in fact the two dresses of beige/tan and white that were together in order made me look twice to see what was different).

As an older but still stylish ( I hope ) woman .. I would wear Korto's designs before the others .. BUT only the long gowns .. she didn't design a single short gown that moved me or that came even close to a knee .. the older part of me just can't do that short.

I love the vintage look .. but I truly didn't see anything in Kenley's collection that I longed to own .. I did at moments during the show .. so I will continue to watch her.

Now that the show is over, It will be interesting to see what our local fashion scene offers on Leanimal .. and if her line will be available anywhere locally.

Leanne's designs are amazing in their design and construction but the whole collection looked too much the same to me, like others have stated.

As far as wearable for the average person, I think Korto's designs are quite wearable, maybe with a bit of length on some of them.;) CJW asked if we saw any cruise wear in the collections and I would say Korto had the most. However, the long teal one of Leanne's would be a killer cruise dress.

Hello Kenley ~ meet Karma!!

:D :eek: :D

That being said......I'm really happy with the winner tonight. I can't wait to see CJW's pics.......I would wear any of Leanne's dresses (except the wedding dress) on a cruise, and some of Kenley's and Korto's dresses too.