Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Thanks all. :)

My new mantra is; ALWAYS tell your loved ones you love them.

This episode is my favorite since we get the see the designers in their own element as well as see some of their family and get to know more about them.

I don't know about anyone else, but the one who should win looks like a no brainer to me.

Oh my goodness. Leann's dresses (bride and bridesmaid) just blew me away. Beautiful. Perfect. And she had such a strong idea for her collection (the waves); I think it will be very cohesive.

To Jerell: Miss you honey, but next time remember that Tim said "Make it work" NOT "Make it over-worked."

I can't argue with Kenley staying, based on the designs she showed today. Hey Curt, can you dig up a picture of the dress the judges kept comparing it to? Would love to see that...

I wasn't a big fan of Korto's wedding dress(es). I wonder if the judges get feedback from Tim on what he saw on his "visits" -- otherwise I'm not so sure that Korto would've made the cut.

I'm COMPLETELY in the dark having missed 2 weeks. Haven't even had time to catch up on this thread to see what has transpired. Got home Sat. from a b2b to find a couple we have known for years died in a car accident...funeral today, so sad.:(

How terribly sad! There is no answer. Only an opportunity to show love.

I so could not talk about PR and a real life situation in the same post.

I am thrilled Kenley got into the finals. Despite her attitude, I have felt from the first that only she and LeeAnn had a clear point of view -- something that set them apart.

And I am glad Jerrel is gone. I never cared for his stuff. Too much is too much.

Korto's bride's dress was terrible. But I liked the bridesmaid dress. I am glad she won over Jerrel because I liked her clothes over the season better. But, I have to say that what she says about her clothes and what they look like have nothing in common.

I would bet money on LeeAnn. But I wouldn't cry if it were either other girl.

An all girl finale. Woohoo!!!

Wouldn't you love to see a challenge where the designers all had to design for plus size women?

good idea...but with the current societal attitudes, I doubt that will happen

question: I thought that in past seasons only two designers competed at fashion week...has it always been three finalists?

PS I am looking forward as usual to CJW's commentary

good idea...but with the current societal attitudes, I doubt that will happen

They've done that in past seasons.

Once, where women had lost a lot of weight, but many were still plus sizes; and another challenge where they designed for their mothers, many of whom were plus sized; then they had a challenge with young women new in their careers needing job hunting clothes and some of them were plus sized.

Oh my goodness. Leann's dresses (bride and bridesmaid) just blew me away. Beautiful. Perfect. And she had such a strong idea for her collection (the waves); I think it will be very cohesive.

To Jerell: Miss you honey, but next time remember that Tim said "Make it work" NOT "Make it over-worked."

I can't argue with Kenley staying, based on the designs she showed today. Hey Curt, can you dig up a picture of the dress the judges kept comparing it to? Would love to see that...

I wasn't a big fan of Korto's wedding dress(es). I wonder if the judges get feedback from Tim on what he saw on his "visits" -- otherwise I'm not so sure that Korto would've made the cut.

I was hoping that all four would have collections that would blow the judges away and they'd all compete on the runway. They're all so talented. But Korto's bridal dress was the biggest disappointment. That thing was a mess with all those silly things on the shoulder, and stupid seams at the knees. And the color??? Sheesh, what a drab depressing bride! I thought the bridesmaid dress was a pretty dress, but not bridal-like.

Jerrell - Oy! Another disappointment with too much "stuff"....and Tim warned him. Why don't they listen to Tim, he's always right.....and more drab color. But, he lives in LA, he'll get a job or be personal gown maker creating his over the top looks. Many people will love his stuff, especially the LA crowd. This show gave him great exposure, he'll do well.

Leeanne and Kenley both blew me away. Totally awesome brides and just as incredible bidesmaids. Kenley's dress did channel McQueen, but she made it her own.

I agree with you CruiseMom that Tim must have reported back to the judges that the rest of Korto's collection was better than that awful bridal gown. She used such pretty colors of yellows and greens and then showed drab taupe. Poor decision making on her part, she barely made it in over Jerrell.

Loved the show last night. I never cared for Kenley's designs, but based on the wedding dress challenge I agree she should compete at fashion week. I found a picture of the Mcqueen dress and Kenley really did copy it. I think the Mcqueen dress (on right) is nicer. It's a better fit.

mcqueen.jpg.feddfa90fddbc7642998f942efd1b3fd.jpg

Loved the show last night. I never cared for Kenley's designs, but based on the wedding dress challenge I agree she should compete at fashion week. I found a picture of the Mcqueen dress and Kenley really did copy it. I think the Mcqueen dress (on right) is nicer. It's a better fit.

Thanks for the picture.:) Didn't Kenley say it did NOT look like

that dress? You have got to be kidding:confused: ...it looks JUST LIKE IT:eek:

I think Leeann has come a long way since the beginning and

I really thought both of her dresses were lovely!

I know I can't believe Kenley really copied the dress. It was the same color and everything. I agree that Leeanne's dresses were beautiful. I always liked her designs. I hope she wins, although Korto's collection also looked really good. I would be happy if either of them won. Can't wait until next week!

Actually isn't that Kenley's dress on the right and McQueens dress on the left?

And I can't believe she would be so stupid as to either copy or make such an obvious look alike dress. She knows the judges would have seen the McQueen dress. What was she thinking? They are way too similiar to be a coincidence.

CORRECTION: I meant to say that the McQueen dress is on the left. I always get my left and right mixed up :)

mcqueen.jpg.fdc9674cc0c4a124166a28a1297778cb.jpg

If the decision was made based on the wedding dress and bridesmaid dress alone (and I believe it was), I think Korto should've gone home over Jerell. Sadly, I agree that Kenley should be in the final three based on these designs alone, not on the whole season.

That said, from what we've seen of the whole collections, I'm more excited to see Korto's than Jerell's, so I'm not too terribly disappointed.

Loved, loved, loved Leanne's dresses. I will be a bit surprised if she doesn't win the whole thing.

I liked Kenley's wedding dress. How recent was the McQueen dress shown? Was this something that was shown the same fashion week, or was it from a previous collection? The way the judges were talking, I thought that they said that they had just seen it, making me think that she couldn't have duplicated the look since she had it done a few weeks earlier. I really liked her bridesmaid dress, except I felt like it was too short to be a bridesmaid dress. The design itself was very cool.

Based on what we saw last night, I definitely agree that Leanne and Kenley deserved to be in the final 3.

I was very afraid that Korto was going home after that wedding dress because I really like her and think her entire collection is better than Jerrell's. I liked Korto's bridesmaid dress - as a regular dress and thought construction wise of the 4 dresses (Jerrell's wedding dress, J's bridesmaid dress, K's wedding dress, and K's bridesmaid dress) it was the only one that was at least okay in my opinion.

I truly doubt that Kenley copied the dress. It is so her, from the small waist to the feathers (she has them in her hair a lot).

If the judges really thought it was a copy they would have tossed her on her ear. I bet the McQueen comment was more a "cover your a$$" thing in case the accusation came up later.

These things happen.

Oh and Curt I think you can get some great use out of the episode tonight!!:p

LOL!:D

I'll be back later in the day with a picture rundown. For whatever reason they don't have any good pictures at all of the dresses to post (They are cutting off major parts of the dresses in the pictures)...

I thought there would be better ones from the Fashion Week show, but it seems that everyone didn't use all of tonight's dresses, so that doesn't work either.

I'm transferring it over now, then that I can make some screen captures that show the dresses better.

I'll post later when I get all of that done (in between work)...;)

After giving up CI last week, I decided to watch Criminal Intent this week. After all, I reasoned, I can watch the re-run of PRunway later in the week or over the weekend, right?

Right..... so I stayed up to midnight and watched it last night. Couldn't wait!!!

I think I would have preferred a 4-way Runway, but agree Jerell's dress was over-worked. He needs to learn how to edit!

I can hardly wait for the finale!! and is that being dragged out over 2 weeks?! As long as it's over before my 11/2 cruise!

And then back to Top Chef!

Nancy

So as was mentioned before, I really liked this week's challenge.

And they finally got specific with their instructions!

First before they left to work on their final 4 collections (with a budget of $8,000) they gave them one "final" surprise challenge.

Create a wedding dress that will fit in with the collection.

So they all go back to their hometowns, and work on their collections for the past few months - then Tim Gunn visits to see and give opinions.

Now they all return to New York a few days before Fashion Week to prepare.

Then they tell them they have one more "final" challenge.

They have to design a bridesmaid dress to go with the wedding dress, immediately!

Off they go.

Note that the judging was not "true" judging this week.

There is no way on the planet earth that one person went through based on those two gowns alone.

That's what they told you the viewing public.

The producers have seen tapes of the collections. And they already had an idea set in their minds of the final two (remember I told you weeks ago that Leanne and Korto were definites).

So, again, please hold comments until I'm done posting the pictures.

I've put collages together this week, so that I post faster!:p

Leanne is a well deserved first place.

0c92554dd5c6452084b6d8a987ce088c.jpg

The theme of her entire collection is "waves" the movement and the colors.

I'm so glad to see her reaching for the potential that I called out way in the beginning (and remember she almost got voted out very early!).

The thing I tried to show here, that you really only see on video is that the wedding dress moves and flows like waves as well.

This is another reason why Leanne changed to this model a few weeks ago.

She has a natural easy going "bounce", so this model always makes Leanne's clothes bounce, flow, and show the movement.

I don't always like pockets in dresses, but this is perfectly worked in.

It's there, but almost hidden. I bet a lot of brides would love to have a little hidden, but accessible pocket for the wedding day.

I also love the subtle fold and sculpture of the top. Perfectly executed.

The bridesmaid dress is an absolutely perfect compliment.

Could be an absolutely perfect cruise dress! Especially considering the color and the "wave" theme.

And I must add here, my absolute favorite part of the episode.

0d950bc7758a1221e6e6b1f49bf09a7d.jpg

If you watch it again, listen to Tim. He's hysterical.

Riding a bicycle is obviously out of his element, yet the true gentleman that he is - he just embraces it and has fun.

I do know for a fact that whether she wins or not, Tim is really, really, supporting Leanne in general. She is one of his absolute favorite designers of the entire 5 seasons.

Kenley is second.

5351e2b894ca37e763397784c1e9c148.jpg

And I do think based on these dresses alone (which is what the judging is supposed to be...) that she deserved second.

I absolutely prefer the bridesmaid dress as a whole.

Another great cruise dress, both in color and style!

Kenley's model and Leanne's model can go on the cruise together.

The wedding dress is better executed and designed than Korto or Jerell's in general.

I'll address the "copying" issue next week in another post.

This is the third time in this short competition, that she has somehow managed to come up with almost exact versions from other people's collections.

I'll do the research and cut and paste comparisons next week.

For someone who so adamantly claims to never watch or see anyone else's collections ever...

It's quite an amazing coincidence to somehow have done that three times in 12 episodes.

Hmmmmm...

Is all I have to say about this one for now.

Korto is bottom two.

ae76bdc4aaeab7d6d5e46a103ca83604.jpg

And this is the first time that I'm really not liking her designs at all.

And there is no way on the planet earth that the judging was based on these dresses alone. No way, no how.

There are just not working, and approaching "hot tranny mess" as Christian would say.

I do get that other places and cultures have different colors for wedding dresses. But, then the cuts and silhouette are different.

This would have been less painful if it had been in a soft white.

Even with all that wikity wack (Nick) going on, it would have looked softer.

Or if you do that color (blah for a wedding), then it needs to be absolutely beautiful, feminine, fantasy-like.

But I want to note that she does really cool bead and accessory design.

When you see her collection you will see it actually worked into the dresses.

I need to look back through the show and look for her accessories now to check them out.