Pizza on Getaway

joe7670

Just returned from an awesome trip on Getaway but I must say and question why their pizza is SOOOO bad!?

Went on Escape last year and thought maybe it was just that ship but Getaway was just as bad.

I've had frozen pizza that tastes better! Take some notes from Carnival on this one!

Pizza on NCL is always one of those never know what you are going to get until you get there and try it but mostly on the bad side. Years ago we had fabulous pizza on the Star then a later trip on Star it wasn't very good.

The POA last trip had great pizza from the wood-fired oven in the buffet. Spirit not good on ship but at GSC not too bad. Gem so so in buffet but we tried our first ever room service pizza and thought it was pretty good. Although food (and pizza depending on where you live) is subjective.

MSC trip in August had GREAT pizza in the buffet and room service.

Did you have any from the Italian specialty restaurant? Heard it was a bit better in La Cucina??

Actually went to dinner there expecting to see it on the menu but no go. Not sure if they changed the menu and removed it but it wasn't on menu when I went.

I have found if you want the pizza on NCL to taste good you need to drink quite a lot. Then it tastes much better.

I agree with this! At 11:00 at night, after many hours of drinking and gambling, the Late Night Snack bar pizza really hits the spot!

Was on the Getaway this March and sorry to say pizza is definitely not their strength. They do however have good food in just about every venue and there are lots of other good choices besides pizza.

Just returned from an awesome trip on Getaway but I must say and question why their pizza is SOOOO bad!?

Went on Escape last year and thought maybe it was just that ship but Getaway was just as bad.

I've had frozen pizza that tastes better! Take some notes from Carnival on this one!

Carnival's pizza is decent but it was much better 8 or 9 years ago or so. The best pizza at sea, in my opinion, is on Princess. Princess' has big pies (like what you get in NY or NJ), cut into big pizzaria-style slices with a thin crust that leans toward New York style. Glad you had an awesome trip on Getaway. We will be sailing on her in the fall for the second time.

The pizza I had (it was late, and I had many adult beverages) on the Breakaway was the worst I've ever tried!!! For some reason, the buffet pizza was slightly better than the stuff they sent to my cabin.

I don't know about on the Getaway, but on the Escape it was in the Garden Cafe on the "Late Night Snack" bar.

The late night snack area is even worse on the large ships. Small selection and usually over cooked sitting there drying out. Hot dogs and pizza plus other low cost items.

The pizza on all of the NCL ships I have sailed (4 different ships) has been horrendous. Of course, living in nyc and having access to the best pizza in the country spoils me a bit.

Sorry, not even in the top 5. Better than the casseroles they call pizza in Chicago, though.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/americas-favorite-places/best-cities-for-pizza#spinatos-pheonix-arizona-basil-pizza

Carnival's pizza is decent but it was much better 8 or 9 years ago or so. The best pizza at sea, in my opinion, is on Princess. Princess' has big pies (like what you get in NY or NJ), cut into big pizzaria-style slices with a thin crust that leans toward New York style. Glad you had an awesome trip on Getaway. We will be sailing on her in the fall for the second time.

I couldn't agree more about pizza on Princess. Every other line I've been on had terrible pizza with Royal being

no better than a dog's dinner.

We have been on the Getaway a few times (going again May 13-20) and after many drinks and getting to the cabin late night we would order a pizza almost every night and unfortunately it would take minimum 1 hour to get it so we often would fall asleep while waiting and when we got the knock on the door just put it on the counter and go back to sleep.