Just back from Regal Princess

eyoreblu

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your cruise on the Regal. We think she is one of the best cruise ships afloat with her happier than happy crew and excellent level of service. The MDR food may be dumbed down across the entire Princess fleet but the Regal is still a great cruise experience. Outstanding compared to other Princess ships.

This has been our experience too....really never had a problematic cruise with Princess because of staff or service....I will agree with OP that on some Princess ships there seem to be an inordinate amount of grumpy or complaining passengers....:confused:

I keep hoping we will be surprised and I will hear that they are going to start putting the new beds on the Regal....

We are booked for later this year.

We were in a full suite on the Regal in November, but we had the new (and VERY comfortable) beds. Might be that suites got them first....don't know.

But one odd thing is that they seemed shorter than the old beds. Seem like that to anyone else?

We were in a full suite on the Regal in November, but we had the new (and VERY comfortable) beds. Might be that suites got them first....don't know.

But one odd thing is that they seemed shorter than the old beds. Seem like that to anyone else?

We were in a Deluxe balcony, and I thought the beds were short too (and I am short!).

Princess Regal is a great ship. We did the Baltics in mid 2015 with her. She was basically so brand new then. Her mini suites are quite luxurious. You even had direct access to your room steward if you needed anything. Sabatini's is great. I still have to find an Italian restau on a ship that can beat it. Regal and Royal are great ships. I hope they remain that way.

I forgot to share earlier that I got sick aboard the Regal. Nothing of their doing. I was just basically tired even at the start of the trip and the change of weather from Australia to the chilly Baltics did not help. I am just glad it happened towards the end - so I only missed one port stop. Anyway, we went to their medical facilities and I was impressed how it was ran. Gave me confidence that someone can do something with their passengers if something horrible did happen. Am just glad I have travel insurance as it did cost a bit. They were thorough - even did urine and blood tests to make sure it was just an ordinary fever. About an hour after we got up to our cabin, lo and behold 4 men dressed like the Ghostbusters came to our room - wiping and disinfecting anything around our room and the corridors even. I was so impressed with how they were taking precautions with my condition. It was not that bad really. My husband did not even catch it. I was just tired and I paid dearly for it - literally and figuratively. Reception and room service were very sympathetic with my situation as I had to rely on room service for the next 48 hours. Princess Regal is not perfect but I would happily board her again - soon.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your cruise on the Regal. We think she is one of the best cruise ships afloat with her happier than happy crew and excellent level of service. The MDR food may be dumbed down across the entire Princess fleet but the Regal is still a great cruise experience. Outstanding compared to other Princess ships.

Completely agree, currently on last day of 3rd cruise on her.