Celebrity Equinox Angled Cabin - Deck 9

Greetings......I'm new on Cruise Critic, making my first post. We will be cruising later this year on Celebrity's Equinox (first time) and have an option of securing an angled cabin (9243) on deck 9. Just wondering if anyone might now about these types of cabins, with respect to size, location and balcony? If anyone has knowledge of this specific cabin I would appreciate any info you can share. Big thanks!

That cabin is in a great location, mid ship near elevators with cabins above & below. It will have a deeper balcony than the standard balcony & will be partially covered and part open- good for both sun and shade. It is on the aft the hump so will have some protection from the wind. Should be a winner!

Greetings......I'm new on Cruise Critic, making my first post. We will be cruising later this year on Celebrity's Equinox (first time) and have an option of securing an angled cabin (9243) on deck 9. Just wondering if anyone might now about these types of cabins, with respect to size, location and balcony? If anyone has knowledge of this specific cabin I would appreciate any info you can share. Big thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

This is a C2 cabin, I believe. Others have covered the balcony size etc. You will be able to dine in the MDR on embarkation with the rest of the concierge class people. You will receive fruit in your cabin as well as crudites and flavored tea each afternoon if you want it. We have always received a bottle of sparkling wine in the room when we arrived but I think they are now requesting that you ask for it? Since the inception of the drink packages, people don't seem to miss this perk. You will get 5 tier points/night in this class of cabin. Enjoy your cruise.

We were in a similar cabin on Equinox in February. We were in 1120 and absolutely loved it! Aside from the concierge perks, we loved the depth of the cabin because we could be in shade or sun as needed, and loved that we were steps from the elevators and stairs! And we never heard anything from that area!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many thanks to everyone for your helpful information. It's very much apprciated. I will go with the 'humped' cabin I inquired about. Looking forward to the upcoming cruise aboard the Equinox. First time on Celebrity. Reviews sound great. Cruised previously on Carnival (back in the day) and RCL (enjoyed this cruise line very much), and did Disney's Big Red Boat 30 years ago.

Just got off Equinox in that exact cabin. Awesome balcony and the only let down is when you look around the corner at the hot tub on the Suite next door’s balcony. The cabin steward Sim is great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe 1120 has the largest regular/concierge/aqua balcony on the ship? I understand that the balcony of 9243 is not quite so oversized but definitely bigger than the standard balcony.. Agree it's in a super location. Maybe also protected from the wind?

Don’t forget the embarkation lunch in MDR only for Concierge. No crowds. On the canapés you can ask for cheese plate or shrimp cocktail instead

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For an even larger balcony, see if 9241 next door is available. The first and third cabins off the hump have the largest balconies. But 9243 is definitely larger than a regular balcony. Enjoy!

9243 is the first off the hump

9243 is the first off the hump

Sorry, but it's not. When people say "off the hump," it's shorthand for "off the straight part of the hump." 9243 is the 4th cabin off the hump. The 1st and 3d cabins off the hump have the very largest balconies, while the 2d and 4th have balconies that aren't quite as large as those but are still larger than the balconies not on the angles of the hump.

OP: enjoy your cruise, and your balcony!