Hotels in Barcelona

Lynn1179

Looking to book two night pre-cruise in Barcelona so I need easy access from the airport and to get to the ship (Symphony of the Seas).

Any suggestions?

Cruise History

Royal Caribbean: Oasis of the Seas 12/2018 Post Deployment Family Trip Eastern Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Symphony of the Seas 6/2018 Scentsy Incentive Trip Mediterranean

Royal Caribbean: Oasis of the Seas 10/2017 Framily Trip Western Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Liberty of the Seas 4/2017 Spring Break Family Trip Western Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Liberty of the Seas 4/2016 Spring Break Family Trip Western Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Independence of the Seas 1/2016 Scentsy Leadership Cozumel

Royal Caribbean: Adventure of the Seas 6/2015 Scentsy Incentive Trip! Eastern Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Freedom Of The Seas 3/2013 Spring Break Family Trip Eastern Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Rhapsody of the Seas 6/2009 Kid Free Alaskan Cruise

Royal Caribbean: Monarch of the Seas 10/2005 Mexican Riviera

Disney Cruise Line Fantasy: 1/2003 Honeymoon Eastern Caribbean

Norwegian Cruise Line: Seaward 4/1998 Senior Spring Break Eastern Caribbean

We like the Hotel Jazz. Conveniently located walking distance to the Airbus route, Playa Catalunya, and Las Ramblas. Taxi to the port is around 15-20 Euros.

Hi Bob,

Do you recall how much the taxi cost from airport to Hotel Jazz?

Thank you!

I prefer the Catalonia Hotel & Resorts chain. They have several hotels in Barcelona - all very nice and some off of congested noisy streets. I like either their Cathedral or Magdalanes locations. They also have one just above Placa Cataluyna. Try to pick a neighborhood after scanning a map and other sites that can tell you about BCN neighborhoods like trip advisor or bookings.com, then filter for hotels in those areas, then read the comments by hotel over the last year or so - those are filterable as well - couples, families, special needs etc. BCN very easy to get around by public transportation and by foot.

I stayed at the Silken Ramblas last month and it was a Hotels.com booking. It’s a 4 star hotel priced very reasonably. $79eu in March but will be more during peak season. It’s a 5 minute walk from the aerobus at plaza cataluna. It’s also a 15 minute walk down to the Columbus monument to catch the shuttle to the ship. The shuttle was $4eu rt.

I have stayed in numerous hotels in central BCN, all in different parts. I cannot think of one that was in a bad location. I just decide what I want to do on my morning before the cruise and look on a booking site for the best value given my dates. Hotel Suizo was an excellent choice last time - central for wandering around, right beside a metro stop and a good price when I booked it.

Thank you everyone!

Cruise History

Royal Caribbean: Oasis of the Seas 12/2018 Post Deployment Family Trip Eastern Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Symphony of the Seas 6/2018 Scentsy Incentive Trip Mediterranean

Royal Caribbean: Oasis of the Seas 10/2017 Framily Trip Western Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Liberty of the Seas 4/2017 Spring Break Family Trip Western Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Liberty of the Seas 4/2016 Spring Break Family Trip Western Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Independence of the Seas 1/2016 Scentsy Leadership Cozumel

Royal Caribbean: Adventure of the Seas 6/2015 Scentsy Incentive Trip! Eastern Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Freedom Of The Seas 3/2013 Spring Break Family Trip Eastern Caribbean

Royal Caribbean: Rhapsody of the Seas 6/2009 Kid Free Alaskan Cruise

Royal Caribbean: Monarch of the Seas 10/2005 Mexican Riviera

Disney Cruise Line Fantasy: 1/2003 Honeymoon Eastern Caribbean

Norwegian Cruise Line: Seaward 4/1998 Senior Spring Break Eastern Caribbean

We will be spending 2 nights before the cruise in June. I am debating on where to look for hotels, our party of 8 has some kids and seniors. I would like to avoid downtown Barcelona due to the crowd and noise. Also I noticed the prices are higher. Does anyone have any experience with the hotels near the University Hospital, this area is between the center of Barcelona and the airport? Hotel NH Collection Barcelona Tower is the one that looks like a good choice based on the trip advisor reviews.

Looking forward to see this beautiful city!

Edited by delco_cruiser
grammar

• 2 weeks later...

Have you considered an apartment. There are not many hotels which have quad rooms. We have booked a three bedroomed apartment for our pre cruise stay in Barcelona in July at Suite Home Sagrada Familia which is only a ten minute walk to the people. Ours worked out to £247 for the five of us for the one night which was a lot cheaper than a hotel. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor or Hotel Bookings.com

Good Luck with your plans

Suron

Hi Bob,

Do you recall how much the taxi cost from airport to Hotel Jazz?

Thank you!

We have stayed twice at Hotel Jazz, the most recent being at the beginning of April. The hotel and area is very nice. If you don't have a lot of luggage (we had 1 large and 1 medium size suitcases and carryons) it is very easy to take the airport bus to the Jazz. It is 5.90E p/p, you get off at the 3rd stop and the hotel is around the corner on the right...a 1 to 2 minute walk. The buses ran frequently from the airport so if you miss a bus it's not a long wait for the next one.

We have stayed twice at Hotel Jazz, the most recent being at the beginning of April. The hotel and area is very nice. If you don't have a lot of luggage (we had 1 large and 1 medium size suitcases and carryons) it is very easy to take the airport bus to the Jazz. It is 5.90E p/p, you get off at the 3rd stop and the hotel is around the corner on the right...a 1 to 2 minute walk. The buses ran frequently from the airport so if you miss a bus it's not a long wait for the next one.

Thank you LTC on the bus suggestion. That sounds very easy and convenient. We usually have one suitcase and one carry on each. Seems like Hotel Jazz is a well recommneded hotel too!

Not Bob, but if my answer helps... around 35€ on weekday+day hours (8am-8pm)+ normal traffic.

This is what we paid in Oct 2015 from BCN to the Jazz.