Norwegian Joy

AusQueen

I spoke with a representative and the airfare is only free from a few destinations.

https://*******/2Qu56Uu

Your link was censored. For others looking here, that link goes to https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions#air.

That page has links to the list of airports included (which may have additional details), but that page doesn't exist.

I contacted my TA and booked an Alaska cruise that qualifies for the airfare deal. Since we fly out of LAX, we will receive the airfare free. The only additional charge is $40 each for the transfers to and from the cruise port and airport which I felt was reasonable.

My TA said the details on the airfare are that NCL will book the airfare and notify us of the details 30 - 60 days in advance of the cruise date. We also got to choose 3 free at sea offers and received $100 OBC from NCL. She said these were all NCL promos, above and beyond the prepaid gratuities and additional OBC that my TA offered.

Also the airfare deal does expire tomorrow, with today for latitudes members and tomorrow for the general public.

Just talked to our PCC and it sounds like the free air is from the West Coast. My guess is it’s Alaska Airlines. Airfare supplement was $299 from DFW which is insane (we paid about that for Southwest this year). Plus, if you want to fly in the day before (we always do), you have to stay at their chosen hotel (the Crowne Plaza downtown at $450 approx), and at that point, it was much cheaper to do it ourselves.

We still got $100 OBC and 2 Free at Sea choices. Our PCC still sold a cruise. Win-win, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The daily NCL promo email I got yesterday showed free airfare for Joy. Didn't pay any attention to anything else about it.

Airfare is only free from about 3 airports unless you are booking a concierge or haven suite. From my local airport, for a balcony, they are charging $499 per person for airfare still and I am pretty confident I could get it for about $320 per person if I booked it myself. So that is definitely NOT a savings for me. Also, it is limited to 2019 Alaskan sailings on the Joy. No non-Alaskan sailings and nothing past 2019.

• 5 months later...
On 7/19/2018 at 7:27 AM, shof515 said:

I found this on facebook:

37296687_1762742673809213_1419340005309939712_n.jpg

They itinerary is Ketchikan, Juneau, Holkham Bay Glacier, Icy Strait Point, Victoria ; Ketchikan, Juneau, Holkham Bay Glacier, Skagway, Victoria and Juneau, Skagway, Cruise Glacier Bay, Kethcikan, Victoria

At this point this graphic isn't accurate. I am boarding on 4/26 in Vancouver BC.

I cant wait to sail this ship. With all the perks included this deal was just to good to pass up. Sailing on May 18th. The free airfare from Chicago was the icing on the cake plus my TA threw in a bunch of stuff too. 

On 8/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, Sand and Seas said:

Maybe someone with more knowledge can give us info on that. In the past I recall reading that they took out a lounge (on the Dawn?) and replaced it with Suite cabins.

The refers to Retrofitting cabins,  On the Dawn they took a big empty space the Spinnaker lounge and put in the now existing suites, not sure how they built them out.  We wish the studios were going to be there. But the 2 bedroom concierge class suites on the inside are being sold on bookings.  I already got the word that some experienced cruise staff that were solo hosts will be onboard, so there will be a nice active Solo program. 

On 8/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, dides said:

Noticed some further tweaks to the deck plans and dining offerings on our reservation - they are now adding Ocean Blue in place of some high end shops and Cocos is replacing the Godiva outlet

Nice to hear about  a few of the changes.  

Ocean Blue on the Bliss was not the same menu as Breakaway, Getaway or the Escape version Bayamo. Lobster pie,  not like lobster pie in the Northeast, was not inspirational. 

Gone are the Crab legs, seafood Trio with lobster tail.  Read the menu before committing

So far all that leaked out, Los seems to be absent.  Loved it on the Dawn and Bliss.  No Moderno either. 

On 8/15/2018 at 9:42 AM, dides said:

Noticed some further tweaks to the deck plans and dining offerings on our reservation - they are now adding Ocean Blue in place of some high end shops and Cocos is replacing the Godiva outlet

Where are you seeing Cocos? I don't see it on the deck plans on NCL.com

38 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Where are you seeing Cocos? I don't see it on the deck plans on NCL.com

My original post was in August last year and the deck plans have changed since then 🙂

21 hours ago, dides said:

My original post was in August last year and the deck plans have changed since then 🙂

Bummer! I was hoping your were right! 🙂 Do you, or anyone else know, will the atrium have both a bar and a Starbucks? Will the Starbucks be set up as a stand in the atrium or an actual space with an entrance, walls, etc.?

On 3/7/2019 at 2:32 PM, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Bummer! I was hoping your were right! 🙂 Do you, or anyone else know, will the atrium have both a bar and a Starbucks? Will the Starbucks be set up as a stand in the atrium or an actual space with an entrance, walls, etc.?

This is the new Joy deck plan from the site.   Cannot tell about the bar, but every other Atrium has one. Deck plan doesn't list one thoughimage.png.8ea53a12260d0364f3c43d122c689a27.png

Just now, Whitefacekat said:

This is the new Joy deck plan from the site.   Cannot tell about the bar, but every other Atrium has one. Deck plan doesn't list one thoughimage.png.8ea53a12260d0364f3c43d122c689a27.png

unless that loop next to starbucks is the bar,  looks like the Epic atrium bar, and Coffee bar setup. 

1 hour ago, Whitefacekat said:

unless that loop next to starbucks is the bar,  looks like the Epic atrium bar, and Coffee bar setup. 

Hoping that someone on board during the refurb will post pics as the reno takes place. I love getting a sneak peek at the process before I am on board on April 26th. While we are talking bars, is there a certain bar on this class of ship that serves as a martini bar?

1 hour ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Hoping that someone on board during the refurb will post pics as the reno takes place. I love getting a sneak peek at the process before I am on board on April 26th. While we are talking bars, is there a certain bar on this class of ship that serves as a martini bar?

If they have a "Shakers" I didnt check, but it should be on the Bar and lounge list on whats onboard

1 hour ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

There's a Maltings Whiskey Bar on deck 6. When we sailed Pearl, that was the martini venue.

Also a Sugarcane Mojito Bar, FWIW.

And the description for the A-List Bar states "The A-List Bar will shake up the night with hand-crafted margaritas and a seriously good time."

Bar & Lounge listing

Edited by quercus alba

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone else notice that when he went to look at the Specialty packages it was only $68 for 4 venues? (they also could buy 2 & 3)  That's less by basically half!   Wondering as I was watching the specially trained chefs for the Chinese market - what happens to them? Will they continue to work on Joy? I'd love to have some homemade noodles!  Also - surprised that High Tea cost - but they did have that nice Tea area.  Not what I expected.  Does NCL still offer complimentary tea time?  I am Now glad to know they are replacing so much of the carpet because of the treatment of poor Joy. They really mistreated her. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hotrod610 said:

Will n

be on joy May 25 to Alaska hope to keep up with the info on ship

There is a more up to date thread on Joy here

Also, be on the lookout for live reviews from the Joy starting in early May.  Maybe even from Birdie.

Edited by aeroo777

6 hours ago, aeroo777 said:

There is a more up to date thread on Joy here

Also, be on the lookout for live reviews from the Joy starting in early May.  Maybe even from Birdie.

The Bird was booked on the inaugural voyage of the Joy (as we were on the inaugural voyages of the Breakaway, Getaway, Escape and Bliss).

NCL decided to cancel the Bird's cruise so that they could do another week of non-revenue cruises for press and travel agents (NCL also cancelled the Bird's inaugural cruise on the Encore to do more press). "Introducing the Joy to the US". 

Unfortunately, we have a conflict on the "new" inaugural cruise date of the Joy, so we won't be sailing on the Joy until later in the season 😞