Skywalker's still there?

mexicobob

Source of this rumor?

Skywalkers was removed from Grand Princess at the beginning of the decade due to structural issues unique to that ship. It has not now, nor will it ever be, removed from any other ship.

So if you are on the May 26 Southbound sailing, perhaps we shall cross paths in Skywalkers...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Of course Skywalker’s is still on the Golden. Any rumor is pure fiction or someone being nasty.

Skywalker’s was removed from the Grand for structural reasons. It was the first ship with a Skywalker’s and every ship built with one after that was modified with lighter materials and the weight further forward.

It was noticed that Skywalker’s on the Grand was creating stress on the hull. It was still safe but could cause problems in the future.

There was never any intent to remove Skywalker’s on any other ship.

Source of this rumor?

Skywalkers was removed from Grand Princess at the beginning of the decade due to structural issues unique to that ship. It has not now, nor will it ever be, removed from any other ship.

So if you are on the May 26 Southbound sailing, perhaps we shall cross paths in Skywalkers...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We are on the May 26 southbound cruise. On a cruisetour prior to that. Look forward to buying you a drink at Skywalker's.

The One5 Lounge & Nightclub on Grand Princess was a "disappointment" to say the least. Odd though as I generally find Skywalker's to be unbearably loud and don't care at all for the music they play. If Skywalker's would open for business earlier I think they would get a lot more business as the Princess clientele is generally older and often go to bed around the time Skywalker's opens for business. I have to wonder who makes these decisions. On a 28 day cruise last fall Skywalker's closed quite early every night for the first 2 or 3 weeks of the cruise as there was nobody there. I checked each night and it was pretty much 4 staff and me. They called and requested to be able to close each night as there was no business. On that cruise many passengers commented on how "young" I am. At only 64 I was definitely in the "very young" age group. The ship was a ghost town after 10 PM.

As for the original question: I have to wonder why people don't simply check the deck plans on the Princess site. It would be a very simple way of finding out if this rumor was true. I also have to wonder about people who spread such rumors in the first place. I am not referring to the OP but to whomever gave the OP such idiotic "information".

Club 6 compared to Skywalkers :loudcry:(n). That’s just my opinion. Anyone else??

Tony

Agree. We like the Royal class ships but Club 6 isn't comparable to Skywalkers in any way except having a bar! And you can find bars throughout the ship so that's no distinction.

What does Royal Class use in place of Skywalkers?

Club 6 on the Royal Princess is the venue used for many of the events that Skywalkers is used for on the Grand class.

However, the Majestic does not have a Club 6. Some have reported that the M&Gs are held in the Hollywood Conservatory on that ship.