Crackers/Chips/Candy/Cheese....?

sailexuma

Hello! Cruising on the Zuiderdam this month, and wondering - where, if anywhere, can I pick up crackers, cheese, salami, potato chips, candies, chocolates, a few sushi, olives.... or any other snack idea things to take back to my cabin, or have by my deck chair? Thanks :)

As Skipper's Mom said - the Lido has a lot of choices.

Yes, room service is available, but for what you are looking for - I would hit the Lido.

They have bags of chips, crackers and of course sushi and cheese plates.

As Skipper's Mom said - the Lido has a lot of choices.

Yes, room service is available, but for what you are looking for - I would hit the Lido.

They have bags of chips, crackers and of course sushi and cheese plates.

As you suggest going to Lido for the snacks, how ab out a suggestion to buy a small light weight tray at a dollar store, pack it and bring for use in carting the snacks to the ca bin? Some people use the round tray under the ice bucket in the cab in but that can get awkward especially if one adds a coffee or iced tea etc to their selections.

AND room service is 24 hours, LIDO is NOT open 24 hours. Who know s when she wants her snacks? :)

On our last cruise we discovered the bags of potato chips in the Lido during the lunch hours. We always took a couple of bags (each) for our late snack while watching TV in our cabin. Can't get much better than that!!

If you have a favorite candy you might want to bring that from home.

Happy Sailing!!

You don't need to buy a tray -- just take the one that is under the ice bucket and glasses.

There aren't many chips in the small paper bags. Get a bowl from the salad area and pour several bags of chips into it.

There are only 3 or 4 small pieces of cheese on plate -- so take as many plates as you want and combine them onto one plate. Same thing with the sushi.

Candies and chocolates -- you will have to buy before you get on the ship.

Sometimes there is salami at the sandwich area -- also two kinds of sliced cheese.

Sometimes there are olives at the salad bar.

You don't need to buy a tray -- just take the one that is under the ice bucket and glasses.

There aren't many chips in the small paper bags. Get a bowl from the salad area and pour several bags of chips into it.

There are only 3 or 4 small pieces of cheese on plate -- so take as many plates as you want and combine them onto one plate. Same thing with the sushi.

Candies and chocolates -- you will have to buy before you get on the ship.

Sometimes there is salami at the sandwich area -- also two kinds of sliced cheese.

Sometimes there are olives at the salad bar.

Exactly KK, and most of those items are NOT on the room service menu ;)

The Lido is the place for selection. Room service works great but it won't have everything the OP is asking about.

I agree that stocking up at the Lido is a better option than calling Room Service. At the Lido, you can see what you are getting while it might be difficult to explain just what you want to room service, as most of those things are not on the menu.

For candies and chocolates, you definitely are better off bringing onboard what you are interested in because there are not a lot of options offered on the ship.

We brought snacks a couple of times and then realized we were eating waaay too much without the additional items from home! By the way, French fries from the Dive In are a WONDERFUL snack! LOL

Exactly KK, and most of those items are NOT on the room service menu ;)

The Lido is the place for selection. Room service works great but it won't have everything the OP is asking about.

Sorry.. :(..

What would make that tacky?
saw several people using the tray from under the ice bucket on my most recent cruise.

This has actually been suggested quite a bit..I'm not sure I trust a dollar store tray-it couldn't be one of those floppy ones for sure!

SeaGirl 23

This has actually been suggested quite a bit.

.I'm not sure I trust a dollar store tray-it couldn't be one of those floppy ones for sure!

]

There are many weights of plastic are there not? ............ I assume enough common sense a person evaluates their anticip ed use for a prodc ut before they buy it. I give enough credit, they would dete rmine how strong t the tray is and if would it suit their need. rolleyes: Most of us are of at least average itelligence. Some are very bright and highly educated Smart . :) enough to buy a strong enough tray. :D How Much food would t most be putting on this small tray? Edited by sail7seas

There are many weights of plastic are there not? ............ I assume enough common sense a person evaluates their anticipgted use for a prodc ut before they buy it. I give enough credit, they would dete rmine how strong t the tray is and if would it suit theri need. :volleyes: Most of us are of at least average itelligence. Some are very bright and highly educated Smart . :) enough to buy a strong enough tray. :D How Much food would the average person be puting on thx small tray?

:::rolls eyes:::

:::rolls eyes:::

The ice bucket trays actually look like they could hold a lot.

as far as plastic trays go,

that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned..however, for a dollar..you're getting what you pay for.. I'd rather pay more for a sturdy one-at Amazon or someplace similar.

that's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned..however, for a dollar..you're getting what you pay for.. I'd rather pay more for a sturdy one-at Amazon or someplace similar.

Speaking only for myself, I have enough to pack - I'm not packing a tray ;).

I've always managed to get any munchies we needed without packing something. It's not that big of deal IMO ;)

Chocolate-dipped strawberries and pastries are available at no charge in the Explorations Cafe even if you do not purchase coffee.

Tortilla chips are available at the Taco Bar during the afternoons on most HAL ships. They are especially good when dipped in warm cheese and topped with jalapenos.

On the Veendam last December, one passenger picked up 10 dipped strawberries for every movie.

Actually, I found two large oval trays that are very sturdy at the Dollar Tree. I ended up leaving them at home (on purpose) on that cruise. However, a friend and I are in a lanai cabin next week, so I'm going to pack the trays so that we can bring back whatever we need ..... all the way down to our deck from the Lido! LOL