Symphony or Anthem 2019?

We need some help deciding our next cruise that we plan to book on board Oasis in 2 weeks. Does anybody have some good pros and cons of Anthem vs Symphony? Younger couple with no kids, sailed on Oasis last year and this year.

Anthem- Never been on Quantum class, 270 looks amazing, staterooms look great, seems more affordable than symphony for the room you get

Symphony- Playmakers and Hooks look like great new concepts, and the itinerary options are better.

Thoughts?

We need some help deciding our next cruise that we plan to book on board Oasis in 2 weeks. Does anybody have some good pros and cons of Anthem vs Symphony? Younger couple with no kids, sailed on Oasis last year and this year.

Anthem- Never been on Quantum class, 270 looks amazing, staterooms look great, seems more affordable than symphony for the room you get

Symphony- Playmakers and Hooks look like great new concepts, and the itinerary options are better.

Thoughts?

You've spelled out what I know, I'd be tempted to try Anthem, I assume its still sailing of the NY area at that time?

Book Anthem for 2019.

Book Symphony for 2020.

Problem solved. ;-)

Haven't been on either one but I've got a cruise booked on each so I've done enough research to know both have a lot of plusses. For you since each would be a new ship experience it may come down to the importance of itinerary vs. cost/ease of departure port (is NY easier/less $$ for you to get to than Miami/FLL?).

You've spelled out what I know, I'd be tempted to try Anthem, I assume its still sailing of the NY area at that time?

New York, Canaveral, coco cay (likely under construction still), Nassau.

Book Anthem for 2019.

Book Symphony for 2020.

Problem solved. ;-)

Haven't been on either one but I've got a cruise booked on each so I've done enough research to know both have a lot of plusses. For you since each would be a new ship experience it may come down to the importance of itinerary vs. cost/ease of departure port (is NY easier/less $$ for you to get to than Miami/FLL?).

That will be what we do one way or the other, probably booking the next 2 years on board. We live in the Midwest and have never been to the East coast, so seeing NY is also a plus. I think flights are comparable last I checked

Symphony- Playmakers and Hooks look like great new concepts, and the itinerary options are better. Cabins and suites on both great.

Thoughts?

Have sailed multiple times on Oasis class ships, and once on Quantum. Hands down, Oasis class (most recently the Harmony) wins. The entire ship layout on the Oasis class more spacious. Food much better IMO. We found that perhaps because of the ships layout, much more crowded on the Quantum class.

Do the benefits of booking onboard outweigh the potential price increases that may happen in two weeks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Reduced deposit benefit as we will be doing non refundable. I don't want to pay $1000 for 2 cruises at the same time as a vacation. We also check the prices over time if they drop.

I've yet to be on Symphony but as someone who has sailed Oasis, Allure and Anthem I think it boils down to what you want in a cruise. You mentioned younger couple without kids and seeing NYC is a bonus, I'd recommend Anthem.

My Anthem cruise ranks among my favorites (partly because of the itinerary being a NE/Canada trip) but also because we did 2 1/2 days prior in NYC. Now that's not a lot of time to see everything you might want to see but having been there before I knew there were a few things I wanted to show the first timers in our group and everyone had a great time (even those that were skeptical they'd enjoy it as much as they did). It also made for a relaxing day on embarkation day since we didn't have to deal with flying in (from Texas) day of. Just got up at a normal time, had breakfast and hopped in an Uber from mid-town Manhattan out to Jersey and was on board by like 1 pm.

As for the ship, yes the design of it does lead to some bottlenecks because it doesn't have the wide expanse of the Royal Promenade like Oasis class. But I really enjoyed the décor (seemed a little more upscale) and 270 is my favorite venue of any ship I've been on. It's an amazing space! Also I really enjoyed the Music Hall and the cover band. Because of the October Canada/NE sailing I enjoyed the different options of pool areas depending on the weather that day ... cool (outdoor), comfy (indoor) and warm (solarium) ... I imagine on a Caribbean sailing though the solarium would be crazy hot.

The North Star is also a great unique perspective of the ship whether you do it while in port or while underway (as we did) the views and picture opportunities are unlike anything else you could do at sea.

I also really love Oasis Class but with that said, I see that you're going on Oasis in 2 weeks so Symphony will be very similar just with a few newer bells and whistles. I say give it a few days and if you're in love with the experience then book Symphony and try Anthem later.