MSC YC Pool Area?

Lady On The Run

There are plenty sunbeds , most are in full sun but depending on were the sun is there is usually some shade to be had if you want it. The pool attendants will help you find shade also . The tables and chairs at both sides of the YC pool deck are in the shade. Cabanas are available to rent for the day , they dropped the price when we were on in March i think they were $59 for port day & $99 for sea day. Its really a nice area with lots of room , food throughout the day and great bar service .

On the MSC Seaside in the YC pool area, I have heard that there is little to no shaded areas, other than the cabanas. I heard that you need to rent the cabanas, daily? Does anyone have more info in the YC Pool area... The cabanas, etc? TY

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Seaside in March....Mighty fine is correct with the Cabana pricing. As the sun moves shade occurs on portions of YC Pool area. The issue we had was the wind...more than the sun.

There are plenty sunbeds , most are in full sun but depending on were the sun is there is usually some shade to be had if you want it. The pool attendants will help you find shade also.

Agreed. My wife had all the shade she need (and did have to sometimes move around for it); Olin/Onil never failed.

The tables and chairs at both sides of the YC pool deck are in the shade.

Agreed. We met many cruisers who would sit there when needed, as well as noting that the pool attendants would sometimes mover some loungers into that area (generally well after lunchtime).

Cabanas are available to rent for the day , they dropped the price when we were on in March i think they were $59 for port day & $99 for sea day. Its really a nice area with lots of room , food throughout the day and great bar service .

We didn't rent a cabana, but we did look at the package. We wondered, with the food and bar already of such high regard at the YC pool bar and grill, why was the food and beverage included in the cabana rental (rather than just renting the cabana)? It appears you rented. Was the food and beverage different that what was already available? Thank you.

We were on Seaside in March....Mighty fine is correct with the Cabana pricing. As the sun moves shade occurs on portions of YC Pool area. The issue we had was the wind...more than the sun.

Agreed that you can find shade.

Agreed that, during our B2B, the 'wind was definitely more of an issue.

Great time though (miss it).

On the MSC Seaside in the YC pool area, I have heard that there is little to no shaded areas, other than the cabanas. I heard that you need to rent the cabanas, daily? Does anyone have more info in the YC Pool area... The cabanas, etc? TY

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is some shade by the entrance , just ask to have your lounger moved.

Thanks for all the info! Assuming that the smoking area could restrict the available shade options if you want avoid the smoke. I thought I saw somewhere that the starboard pool deck side allowed smoking.

Do they allow smoking at the dining tables on the starboard side?

Thanks for all the info! Assuming that the smoking area could restrict the available shade options if you want avoid the smoke. I thought I saw somewhere that the starboard pool deck side allowed smoking.

Do they allow smoking at the dining tables on the starboard side?

One side does have smoking in the dining area, believe starboard. We are not smokers and found it not a problem at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The amount of shade of course depends on the time of day, the direction the ship is pointing, etc. Also on the cabanas, the passengers in the Royal Suite get complementary use of a cabana at the Yacht Club Pool deck.

Just a quick mention of pool guys on the yacht club deck . Onil (pool attendant ) just won employee of the month for March . Thats how good these guys are .

He DESERVES it, he is fantastic, always has a smile and always wants to help you in any way.

Just a quick mention of pool guys on the yacht club deck . Onil (pool attendant ) just won employee of the month for March . Thats how good these guys are .

That's great news. Many of us on our recent B2B made a point to mention him in our mid-cruise review placed in our stateroom and post cruise review. We also forwarded comments to MSC USA re: 'don't lose this talent to NCL Haven.

Again, great news for a really MSC crew member (a YC pool attendant) that belongs in the Butler program ASAP.

That's great news. Many of us on our recent B2B made a point to mention him in our mid-cruise review placed in our stateroom and post cruise review. We also forwarded comments to MSC USA re: 'don't lose this talent to NCL Haven.

Again, great news for a really MSC crew member (a YC pool attendant) that belongs in the Butler program ASAP.

Completely agree. MSC, if you read this... Onil needs to be in your butler program!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, if not in one of the 2 Royal Suites which are comped the cabanas.

We are in a RS in Feb on the Seaside. I love the cabanas on the Celebrity Reflection...are these similar?

Do you need to book them prior to your sailing, or is this all done onboard?

Thanks for any info!

Shawn

We are in a RS in Feb on the Seaside. I love the cabanas on the Celebrity Reflection...are these similar?

Do you need to book them prior to your sailing, or is this all done onboard?

Thanks for any info!

Shawn

One will be assigned to you upon arrival to the YC. I don’t know about the ones on CR. Enjoy.