MSC Armonia Rams Dock in Roatan, Honduras

www3traveler

Heads up to anyone with cruises docking in Roatan, Honduras. The MSC Armonia hit the forward portion of the dock in Roatan this morning. From pictures and video posted on another site, there is damage to both the dock and the ship.

Heads up to anyone with cruises docking in Roatan, Honduras. The MSC Armonia hit the forward portion of the dock in Roatan this morning. From pictures and video posted on another site, there is damage to both the dock and the ship.

Can you post a link to the pics, please?

I would be down at the Guest Services desk demanding a refund of my cruise fare, DSC, port taxes and made sure I got a pen with the cruise line logo. Oh..and a free dinner. And strawberries. Definitely choc covered strawberries.
:) all on this horrible ship!

I would be down at the Guest Services desk demanding a refund of my cruise fare, DSC, port taxes and made sure I got a pen with the cruise line logo. Oh..and a free dinner. And strawberries. Definitely choc covered strawberries.

LOL!!! Don't forget that cheese tray also. I hope there were no injuries, and the damage to the dock and ship can be fixed pretty quickly.

All joking aside though, I didn't hear any kind of audible collision alarm for the crew/passengers or any kind of warning horn for those on shore or close to the pier.

That seems a bit odd. Maybe our resident ChengKP poster can chime in with what the procedure is.

Or, of course, anyone else with maritime operation experience.

I’m supposed to be coming in on the getaway May 3rd. Would this likely be fixed by then?

There is no way to answer that question at this point in time. It just happened so the scope of the damage to the dock and the structure will have to be determined followed by repairs and the thumbs up for use.