Car Rental Port Everglades

tx121

We have a late flight at 7pm leaving from FLL. We were thinking of renting a car. Does anyone have recent experience with car rental services picking up at Port Everglades? Will there be a shuttle bus from there? Also what is the amount you paid for the day? Recommendations? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

These agencies have offices near the port with free shuttles to the cruise terminals:

Hertz from Crown Plaza Hotel

Avis from Pier 66

Budget on 17th in shopping center next to Renaissance Hotel

Sixt further up 17th.

Thrifty/Dollar just out western port exit.

I rented from Hertz in November of 2017 and they were great. Somehow I got the pickup date mixed up and even though they were officially out of cars they did get me a car at a decent rate. There is a small shuttle area where you wait for them to show up which can take a little while to get picked up so make sure you get there as quickly as possible if you are in a hurry. We decided to fly out of Tampa via Southwest and it worked out perfect, we even had time for a stop at the Nordstroms rack :)

We also used Hertz from the Crowne Plaza location, in January. It went smoothly. We had a bit of a wait for the shuttle, but nothing too terrible.

How much was the rental for the day? Thanks!

How much was the rental for the day? Thanks!

I picked up at hertz FLL airport and returned to crown plaza location. Worked perfect as we had some free time to get last second items and lunch before boarding. $28 for a Chevy Malibu. It was perfect for us. Shuttle took us directly to ship. Didn’t even have to buy gas.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've got a reservation with Avis at their Ft. Lauderdale Miami road address (QF1). I'm dropping off on May 19th and picking up on May 26th. Has anyone else ever used this location and if so, how frequent we the shuttles?

Tim

I've got a reservation with Avis at their Ft. Lauderdale Miami road address (QF1). I'm dropping off on May 19th and picking up on May 26th. Has anyone else ever used this location and if so, how frequent we the shuttles?

Tim

I have used Avis several times. Great service, cars and employees.

I haven't seen anyone mention Alamo yet, but they're located right at the main gate. In a few weeks I am renting a car at FLL airport and returning it to that apt Everglades location the next day, then they have a shuttle in to the port. I don't think any rental location is closer than Alamo.

Tim

You may also want to ask this on the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I have used Avis in Ft. Lauderdale several times, most often at the agency at the Pier 66 hotel, which had a shuttle to the cruise terminals. However, when I looked at Avis' Ft. Lauderdale locations earlier today, I found that the location that offers the cruise ship shuttle is now at Miami Rd. This is a fairly recent change and I've not seen any feedback about this location yet.

Last Feb we rented from Alamo(Eller Drive) they have a shuttle service that

parks where the big buses are. 5 min from terminal, $36, dropped off FLL next day.

midsize car. We got off the ship, only ppl on the shuttle easy peazy (first time trying it)