Anyone doing a Baltic cruise NEXT summer (2019)?

lamb616

Puppy mama thank you! I will feel better when our flights are booked. We will probably fly in on the 18th. We will be doing a private tour in St. Petersburg with one of those companies also. Maybe we will be on the same tour 😊 Not sure if we will try to include Moscow yet. So excited!

We are flying on the 18th too! We haven't made the reservations with the tour company yet, but I have decided on TJ Travel. We will definitely be booking them for the Berlin tour and the 3-day St. Petersburg and Moscow tour... Haven't decided yet on Stockholm and Helsinki.. may add those on too.. Are you traveling with anyone else? We are just the two of us.. active senior citizens and really looking forward to this cruise! Looking forward to meeting you!

Just booked Serenade of the Seas back to back 5-19-19(Scandinavia / Russia) and 5-26-19 (Norway)

Starting to plan!

How far out do you usually book airfare??

I've just booked my air travel, for the cruise on Serenade after your second one. The CW is that fares are best about six months before, but if I see a sale that results in a satisfactory fare, I book it and then never look at fares again.

We are flying on the 18th too! We haven't made the reservations with the tour company yet, but I have decided on TJ Travel. We will definitely be booking them for the Berlin tour and the 3-day St. Petersburg and Moscow tour... Haven't decided yet on Stockholm and Helsinki.. may add those on too.. Are you traveling with anyone else? We are just the two of us.. active senior citizens and really looking forward to this cruise! Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi puppymama1.

Looks like we will be flying out with you on the JFK to CPH flight! We booked comfort also. We are flying out with another couple and their teen grandson. All retired. Except the teen : ) Traveling to NYC from Pennsylvania. Now the fun planning can begin!

Edited by zumbagold
Spellcheck

Hi puppymama1.

Looks like we will be flying out with you on the JFK to CPH flight! We booked comfort also. We are flying out with another couple and their teen grandson. All retired. Except the teen : ) Traveling to NYC from Pennsylvania. Now the fun planning can begin!

Zumbagold... We look forward to seeing you on the plane.. We are in seats 15F & 15G.. looks like you are sitting just on the other side of the plane from us (since those are the only other seats taken so far, LOL). It's a long flight, so we should have time to walk over and chat.. What cabins are you in on the ship? We are in 9620. I'm not retired, still working.. just old... ha ha...

In case you want to chat before then, about tours or anything else, why don't you email me directly? It's puppymama1 at yahoo.com. :)

A free third and fourth passenger sounds fabulous! Which ports will you visit on your sailing? I may need to take a peek at that itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're booked on that same cruise on the Getaway. Ports of call are Copenhagen, Wernemunde, Tallin, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, Copenhagen. We booked it for the same reason. For a family of 4, it's hard to beat NCL's 3rd and 4th passenger (nearly) free promotion. We book a minisuite so we have a little larger bathroom.

My friend and I will be on the 13 day Baltic sailing out of Stockholm and ending in Copenhagen on 7/28/2019 on Serenade of the Seas. We picked this itinerary since it gave us the chance to stay in both Stockholm and Copenhagen plus it has 3 days in St. Petersburg.

I'm considering going on the Serenade of the Seas but on a 8 day cruise from Copenhagen that stops overnight in St Petersberg; Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki are addtl ports in August 2019. I've never been to the Scandinavia side of the world. I'm thinking Norway would require a cruise by itself.

I love the Serenade of the Seas; it's not a "humongous" ship so I didn't get lost on her when I sailed to Nova Scotia last year from Boston.;p

I'm also considering going on the Serenade of the Seas but on a 8 day cruise from Copenhagen that stops overnight in St Petersberg; Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki are addtl ports in August 2019. I've never been to the Scandinavia side of the world. I'm thinking Norway would require a cruise by itself. I love the Serenade of the Seas; it's not "humongous" ship so I didn't get lost on her when I sailed to Nova Scotia last year from Boston.

We are booked on the Brilliance of the Seas, July 30th. Second time on the Brilliance, first time Baltic Sea. We have been to Copenhagen before, and since We live in The Netherlands we know and have been to Amsterdam. ;) The other cities are new to us. (Skagen, Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallinn and St. Petersburg. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just booked the 12-night Baltic on RCCL Brilliance of the Seas while on Radiance between Seward and Vancouver. We have cruised on BOS 3 times as she spends a lot of time in Tampa, our hometown. Very excited to spend pre-cruise time in Amsterdam and post-cruise in Bruges and Ghent. I’m definitely the travel planner in our family and look forward to the next 13 months of researching ports and excursions. It’s great to hear what others are planning!

Just booked this same cruise departing May 19. Been to Amsterdam a couple times so will just go in a day early. Will most likely do the ALLA tour in SP and hoho busses in other cities. Very excited to see SP, Tallinn and Helsinki.

Just booked this same cruise departing May 19. Been to Amsterdam a couple times so will just go in a day early. Will most likely do the ALLA tour in SP and hoho busses in other cities. Very excited to see SP, Tallinn and Helsinki.

IMO HoHO buses in Stockholm is not a good idea. You want to maximize your time in each port and at least

for Stockholm, HoHo buses is a very slow way of getting around. I would recommend you to use public transport

in Stockholm (and most of the other cities except SPB) , It's cheaper and faster and relatively easy to use.

We are sailing on the Regal Princess August 6 cruise. We’re just beginning to think about our excursion plans and are very interested in this thread. Haven’t booked flights yet. We’re waiting for Princess EZ Air flights to come out.

My mom and I are doing a 30 day Norway, Iceland, Baltic Sea area cruise on the Rotterdam - it's actually 2 separate cruises but we're doing them back to back. Never been to Europe before so we're excited. So many things to figure out as far as excursions and hotels ahead of time, etc. We got our air from HAL and got a great price round trip out of Seattle.

Can't wait!

We are also booked on this cruise departing May 19. This is our first Baltic cruise and really looking forward to it. :D:cool:We have booked a 2 day tour in St. Petersburg with TJ tours. And are planning to do the other ports on our own.

I am considering the NCL 14 day Scandinavia & Russia: Ultimate Baltic on May 25. I can’t find a roll call for it yet which seems a little odd since I feel like people start planning for the Baltic’s early. I’ve done a Baltic cruise before but this one has more destinations.