Elite benefits- Wine tasting?

monakayk

Early in the cruise you will get an invitation. Hold on to it . You will need to present it and your cruise card at the event. It will be on a sea day towards the end of the cruise.

If your cruise is also offered as 2 seven day cruises, there will be a Grapevine wine tasting on both and you will get an invitation to each. They will arrive at the beginning of each leg.

When there are a large number of elite level passengers sometimes there has been a Princess Grapevine tasting only for elite passengers. That wasn’t listed in the Patter so if your invitation is different than in the Patter, there could be a tasting for elites only.

I will be going on my first Elite cruise in May and traveling with my sister in law who is NOT elite. Will she be able to join me for the wine tasting?
Yes, but she will have to pay the admission fee, which is about $9.50.

We have not been lately. When we first attained Elite, Princess was still giving away the cute frosted glasses with pewter-like medallions on them at the wine tasting. That stopped a couple of years ago.

Pretty ordinary wines at the Grapevine tasting. We don't bother going these days.:rolleyes: And as has been said...no little glasses to take home anymore, cutbacks. Plastic disposable glasses soon.

We always go since it is free for us. The wine is not the greatest but it is drinkable and the company can be a lot of fun. It is on a seaday towards the end of the cruise and anyone can go by paying the small fee. They usually have another wine tasting early in the cruise for $25 which does have better wine being poured.

We always go since it is free for us. The wine is not the greatest but it is drinkable and the company can be a lot of fun. It is on a seaday towards the end of the cruise and anyone can go by paying the small fee. They usually have another wine tasting early in the cruise for $25 which does have better wine being poured.

Just drinkable, sometimes. They don't give you much in the way of cheese and crackers these day either at the Grapevine tasting. Remember..'Free' is not always good and nothing is free on a cruise ship, you have paid for it in your fare or in loyalty, all those thousands of bucks to get Elite.

I have been to the Maitre'D wine tasting @$25 or whatever. Much smaller crowd as no freebies and far superior wines. I prefer to sometimes do that rather than take the 'freebie Grapevine one, although as you say, fills in an hour or so and a bit of fun.:halo: