Early access to staterooms on Carnival

NavarreCruiser

JH posted a video on his FB page indicating they changed the signs but early access to the staterooms will still be offered.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

What, no conspiracy theories.....no Area 51, no secret agendas? Maybe it was just a sign change after all?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had priority or whatever it was called for having suites booked and while the rooms were almost ready, we just dropped off our carryon and explored. It was our first cruise so we wanted to find the best place to eat, along with everyone else. After a quick bite, my daughter and I joined in the sail-away party. Man, I am too out of shape to shake it like that. Hence, I walked and walked as much as I could instead of using the elevators. Even got in the fitness center, too.

We had priority or whatever it was called for having suites booked and while the rooms were almost ready, we just dropped off our carryon and explored. It was our first cruise so we wanted to find the best place to eat, along with everyone else. After a quick bite, my daughter and I joined in the sail-away party. Man, I am too out of shape to shake it like that. Hence, I walked and walked as much as I could instead of using the elevators. Even got in the fitness center, too.

For future reference a suite give you priority status which means you get priority boarding. It has nothing to do with early room access. That benefit is only for Platinum, Diamond & FTTF.

I am not Platinum, nor do I need to go into my room until whenever they say it is ready, but will i have access to the floors to decorate a door?

No. If you aren't Platinum/Diamond or have purchased FTTF, you are not suppose to be in the cabin passageways until they open the doors around 1:30.

We are diamond - just off the Freedom April 7. We dropped our luggage off around 10:00 and not the usual traffic jam at the port - drove by the beach in Galveston - boarded around 12:30 - our cabin was ready and our luggage was sitting outside our cabin.

From the picture JH posted I think it was just a sign change. The new signs appear to be more than laminate paper.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

The new signs did not seem to deter the "informed".

"You can just ignore the signs on the hallway doors", We heard this twice on the elevators on our boarding day.... 10 days ago.

Yes, it looks like Carnival has backed off (at least for now) any planned changes to the benefit of early room access for Diamonds, Platinums, and FTTF.

Listen, I get (got) your point. It was my original post that started this whole big thing until it went poof. Who knows whether they were trying the waters and then backed off or instead were changing the signs to no encourage people to just go through regardless of whether they earned the privilege or not.

At any rate it is as it was, which is a good thing.

Listen, I get (got) your point. It was my original post that started this whole big thing until it went poof. Who knows whether they were trying the waters and then backed off or instead were changing the signs to no encourage people to just go through regardless of whether they earned the privilege or not.

At any rate it is as it was, which is a good thing.

I suspect they were trying the waters and saw the blowback and backed off.