Escape Haven Upgrade Can it go wrong

Shynook11

So many of you have specific knowledge of cabins and I read about how sometimes you will lose a better cabin if you take the upgrade due to configuration, location on ship etc. Anyone with Escape Haven experience, I am how curious how many "bad" H6 H7 Aft/Fwd penthouse cabins are on the ship so I can prepare myself for a let down if we get accepted. ( I would assume I would still be thrilled, as, duh...it's the Haven). We're just in a regular balcony on Deck 11...no extra balcony space or anything like that. Do these Haven categories have obstructed views?

On Escape, 14106 and 14706 have a partially enclosed balcony under the bridge

Click HERE to see 14106's balcony under the bridge. It is an oval shaped window.

On Escape, 13106 is HC and is one large room and not a separate living-room/bedroom like the other H7s.

Click HERE to see the room. The forward facing window is in the large HC bathroom.

The balcony is the same as the other "good" H7 balconies.

For the H6, the master bedroom/master bathroom configuration is different for certain decks. It is up to you as to which you prefer (if it makes a difference).

Balcony depth differs depending on deck. 13 is the least deep while 9 is the deepest.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We were in 9706 on last cruise FRW/Facing penthouse. Room was great but noise from below was really bad. We were told it was a crew area of some kind and it was alway noisy until super late. Good thing is that the Haven makes up for everything!!!!!!! Have fun and good luck

We pay for forward penthouse suites on the -away class ships. Absolute best value for money. Large room with separate living room. And much cheaper than the smaller rooms in the courtyard

We would actually be disappointed with a courtyard penthouse which is the smallest of all rooms. We want to feel

Like we are in a suite, not a large balcony room.

Shynook we are on the same cruise. I have never been on the Escape so I can’t comment on the cabins. Never stayed in Haven, just suites on the Gem. The Suite Life was fabulous! The down side for me was it was tough to go back to a regular cabin last year! Ok, I’m spoiled. Many say that they only use cabin to shower and sleep. I enjoy the quiet and actually do spend time there.

Bonni