Haven

FLOURTOWN

Debating switching from Celebrity cruise to NCL Haven. Our favorite is Celebrity, but the Haven has got it beat! We want something special for our 30th cruise. It is expensive, but we believe we're worth it!

Debating switching from Celebrity cruise to NCL Haven. Our favorite is Celebrity, but the Haven has got it beat! We want something special for our 30th cruise. It is expensive, but we believe we're worth it!

I have cruised in Celebrity's Royal Suites twice, and in NCL's Haven and non-Haven suites much more. I still cruise with Celebrity and enjoy those cruises, but, for me, NCL overwhelmingly delivers a superior suites experience!

Bon voyage & I vote that you go with the Haven! :)

It does depend which NCL ship you go home on. The mega ships, like Breakaway, Escape,Getaway havens are much better, they have their own restaurant( which is great) own lounge and a much bigger courtyard. The smaller ships that have haven does not have own restaurant or lounge and the courtyard is small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does depend which NCL ship you go home on. The mega ships, like Breakaway, Escape,Getaway havens are much better, they have their own restaurant( which is great) own lounge and a much bigger courtyard. The smaller ships that have haven does not have own restaurant or lounge and the courtyard is small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Escape. Ok, courtyard or spa?

Are you looking for something specific? You keep posting about this, but I'm dying to know what it is exactly you're looking for to see before making the jump?

I would really suggest looking on YouTube. There are thousands of videos about the various ships and their Havens. Maybe that will help you decide, or not.

Are you looking for something specific? You keep posting about this, but I'm dying to know what it is exactly you're looking for to see before making the jump?

I would really suggest looking on YouTube. There are thousands of videos about the various ships and their Havens. Maybe that will help you decide, or not.

Wondering the same thing myself - I have seen you post this numerous times. Looking on YouTube is a great suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just received notice from NCL for an opportunity to upgrade to The Haven on our July 4th cruise out of Copenhaven. It is my understanding there is a bidding process involved. So for argument's sake....lets say you bid $200 for the upgrade....is the bid per stateroom, per couple, or per person?

Celebrity at this time has nothing like the Haven. They might when Edge comes around, but right now, The Haven expereice can't be beat by Celebrity. We have been in all but one Suite level on Celebrity. The Haven experience is beyond a cabin, its an entire agenda and service level that Celebrity has not been able to come close to.

We just received notice from NCL for an opportunity to upgrade to The Haven on our July 4th cruise out of Copenhaven. It is my understanding there is a bidding process involved. So for argument's sake....lets say you bid $200 for the upgrade....is the bid per stateroom, per couple, or per person?

It's per person for the first two people. We book minisuites, the cheapest bid to move to Haven has been $450 per person, but they say that's a poor bid. You can bid up to 2k or 2.5k but by that point you can just upgrade to the haven without using the bidding and save money.

• 2 weeks later...
Celebrity at this time has nothing like the Haven. They might when Edge comes around, but right now, The Haven expereice can't be beat by Celebrity.

Celebrity Edge has the Retreat which is about as close to a "ship-within-a-ship" that you can get even though Celebrity doesn't want to refer to it as such.

It's worth a look....

LINK with video

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Celebrity Edge has the Retreat which is about as close to a "ship-within-a-ship" that you can get even though Celebrity doesn't want to refer to it as such.

It's worth a look....

LINK with video

Is Celebrity pricing in the same ballpark as NCL haven?

Is Celebrity pricing in the same ballpark as NCL haven?

It depends on size and location.

For example, Edge has suites with full Retreat access in other areas of the ship just as NCL ships have suites with Haven access in other areas of the ship. If a family of 4 (like ours :D) was to book the least expensive Retreat-accessible suite on Edge, it can be done for a little less than NCL wants for the least expensive suite for 4 on Bliss (newest ship vs newest ship).

Edge's largest/most expensive suite is more expensive than the DOS on Bliss but it is also better.