What do you do with your eating utensils ?

I very publicly lick the table on embarkation day. That way “my” table is always open and available for me throughout the week.

If science says we are potentially breathing in Julius Caesar’s last breath, what does science say about how many cruise passengers farts we are breathing with every breath?

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/air-gas-caesar-last-breath-sam-kean/

NOMINATE: Funniest CC post ever!!

When eating in the WJ and wanting to go back and get something else, what do you do with your utensils?

I don't necessarily need clean ones for each trip back to the buffet, and if I leave them on my used plate a server will take them.

How nice would paper "Placemats" be in the WJ :')

I don't like to just set my knife/fork/spoon on the bare table or on the napkin I'm going to put on my lap again.

So what do you all do?

I worried about this when the DW and I began cruising in 2010 and we quickly found a great solution: pack a small box of plastic knives, forks and spoons! Before going to WJ, take one set for each of you; at the table when going for seconds, wrap the plastic utensils in a napkin and place in your pocket; once back at the table, bam, no issue. :D :D :halo:

I worried about this when the DW and I began cruising in 2010 and we quickly found a great solution: pack a small box of plastic knives, forks and spoons! Before going to WJ, take one set for each of you; at the table when going for seconds, wrap the plastic utensils in a napkin and place in your pocket; once back at the table, bam, no issue. :D :D :halo:

Impressive that you came up with a multistep, nonintuitive solution to a problem that doesn't actually exist!:'):'):')

No clue. I'm guessing I just put them on my napkin or on the table. I've never given it any thought. I like to live dangerously.

Well then clearly you haven't embraced the manifesto of the typical cruisecritic cruiser: You must overthink and overplan every minute detail of your cruise, because you know, travel is SUPER scary!:evilsmile:

Wow :eek:... Some of you can be pretty harsh...I'm certainly not a mysophobic/germaphobic. This subject just crosses my mind (casually) when we eat at the WJ...and wondering what other's do.

For those that have shared just getting another extra set (I just thought it seemed like a waste) but if you don't I'll just opt for that...no big deal...and thanks for taking the time to answer what some thought was a ridiculous topic for conversation that created to them an issue.

For those that got a good laugh :D even with sarcasm, Happy to have been given that opportunity if you needed it.

Happy dining to all ;p

Wow :eek:... Some of you can be pretty harsh...I'm certainly not a mysophobic/germaphobic. This subject just crosses my mind (casually) when we eat at the WJ...and wondering what other's do.

For those that have shared just getting another extra set (I just thought it seemed like a waste) but if you don't I'll just opt for that...no big deal...and thanks for taking the time to answer what some thought was a ridiculous topic for conversation that created to them an issue.

For those that got a good laugh :D even with sarcasm, Happy to have been given that opportunity if you needed it.

Happy dining to all ;p

Ashland, don't take it to heart...my guess is that at some point and time everyone who is responding has thought the same thing. Please take it as it is meant, just a little jocularity. :D

For all of you afraid of getting cooties from touching the table because you see the crew cleaning the tables with some scary looking rag, you realize that all the preparation surfaces in the kitchens are cleaned using the same chemicals and rags as the table tops in the Windjammer?

If you want to worry, you need to worry about what is going on in food prep areas you can not see that are behind closed doors.

My father was a health food inspector for 30 years. He told some truly horrifying stories about what goes on in commercial kitchens.