An entertaining Eclipse review - fun to read!

K12Guy

Are you implying they will be targeted by the old mob in scooters and sentenced to death by a brass band music [emoji443] [emoji445]???

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good question. I hadn't really thought about that but if they mistakenly happen upon another Celebrity ship it's darn sure a possibility! What I had in mind was something I hear from time to time (when I can actually hear things): "We didn't get old by being stupid". That said, if these young adults don't bother to do research and find what they want, depending STILL on others, it's not likely they will make it to 'our' age, right? We've made it. They don't know. Life is good, especially in New Zealand.

Well we just had just a fantastic time on our 2 week Caribbean cruise on Eclipse. We were in the martini bar and the nightclub and never got to bed before midnight once! We are both 60 and were partying with younger cruisers - guess the reviewer was just unlucky with the cruise selection. It certainly suits us.

Perhaps they should have chosen a cruise in term time - that would have ensured a generally younger clientele.

Are you implying they will be targeted by the old mob in scooters and sentenced to death by a brass band music [emoji443] [emoji445]???

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HHaha !!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is so much information out there including using a knowledgeable TA, these pax must have failed doing research as to the type of cruise that would fit their wishes. And I thought that the younger are better at using the computer for information. They must have missed a beat!.

The reason we like Celebrity is it makes us feel really young !!! Haha !! We are 60 coming on 40 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Point well made. I hadn't thought of that. Imagine some of the younger 'adults' taking the time to actually try to spend time with older folks and actually seeing if they might enjoy cogent conversation. Perish the thought. :D

• 3 months later...

My wife and I just booked the Eclipse for a 10 night Alaskan itinerary in 2019. It will be our 25th anniversary and our first Celebrity cruise. We are not old people, I will be 50 when we make the trip. But we wanted a laid back cruise for a change. And we think this will meet our needs for spending time with each other. And I agree with others who said it is nice to get away from kids every now and then.

On our Eclipse cruise from the U.K. last year we met a few couples cruising Celebrity for the first time....

Over the last few years one couple had cruised several different lines and described their experiences. Summaries included Viking “like visiting an old folks home”, Royal Caribbean “loud and tacky” and Cunard “dead and too serious”......We asked them what they thought of Celebrity and they said they “preferred the food on Cunard, the entertainment on Royal Caribbean and the included activities on Viking”....They did, however, enjoy the drinks package on Celebrity!

Another evening another couple did nothing but moan that Celebrity was not as good as Cunard (food, entertainment, clientele.....). We left and went to another bar after hearing their moaning and groaning for half an hour....Last morning of cruise we bumped into them in Michael’s just before getting off. They told us they had booked two future cruises on Celebrity. I couldn’t help myself from asking why if they preferred Cunard....The response was “it’s good for the money”....still can not understand the logic....I did wonder if next time they cruised on Cunard they would bore someone to death about how good Celebrity was...

I don't think it's funny at all to make fun of people who need walkers and scooters. Not only do some senior citizens need to these to be mobile, but increasingly younger folks (think wounded vets) need mobility aids. Personally, I'm thrilled to see people who, only a few years ago, would be homebound now get out and do things to the best of their ability.

On a very recent Celebrity cruise, we had a couple of these folks not only on our cruise, but on our excursions. They managed without complaint and without delaying others.

It's fine for the reviewers to state that they chose the wrong cruise line and that the average passenger age and related activities were not to their liking. But making fun of those people is in very poor taste and is what gives millennials a bad rep. As a side note, I hate to think what will happen when (first) their parents and then they have mobility issues. Just sayin' . . .