Onboard account shenanigans.

Steven & Dale

Currently on the Solstice, and I have never had so much problem with erroneous charges. Book two Chef’s Tables, charged for three. And you do not get a receipt, just a slip requiring no signature. A Cellermasters tasting that was charged and adjusted, and refunded, then recharged. Why? Credit for a laundry mishap that snagged several pairs of slacks, but still billed for cleaning several days later. This cruise we have had to track down over $500 worth of errors and credits promised. Of course the Hotel Director can not even return a phone call.

Interestingly, anyone we asked was having issues to a greater or less extent, but always in Celebrity’s favor.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would be down to Guest relations demanding to see the Hotel Director to complain and make enough noise that whoever they send out to calm you down goes and gets the HD. It will only take a few minutes to get action

Good luck with the Hotel Director route. I just went through this on the Solstice in January. I was thoroughly disgusted by the lack of reply, and if it’s still Sue... you’re probably better off trying to track her down in the Cafe or one of the lounges in the evening. I kept joking that she appeared to be enjoying the cruise more than the passengers.

Yikes! We've never experienced overcharges on Celebrity except one time and it was easily and quickly resolved. I had just ordered a glass of wine for sail away out on the Sunset Bar on the Solstice. No sooner had the waiter set it down on the table, this lady sat down at our table and removed her coat and in doing so, knocked over my full glass of wine. I ordered another and I had obviously not waited my 10 minutes between drinks rule so the system charged me ... they fixed it pronto at the front desk!!

So sorry to hear this happened to you ... hopefully, you will get it resolved asap!

20+ cruises. Only one misbilled item - which was a drink I ordered at the martini bar. Eight minutes later, I'm still waiting. Others who arrived after me were served (probably regulars to the Martini Bar who maybe tipped additional?) We gave up, got my card back, and told the bartender to forget it.

I guess he ran the card prior to making my drink because the charge showed up on our folio the next morning.

Quickly removed by the front desk.

20+ cruises. Only one misbilled item - which was a drink I ordered at the martini bar. Eight minutes later, I'm still waiting. Others who arrived after me were served (probably regulars to the Martini Bar who maybe tipped additional?) We gave up, got my card back, and told the bartender to forget it.

I guess he ran the card prior to making my drink because the charge showed up on our folio the next morning.

Quickly removed by the front desk.

Hope you got the charge removed. I have, on occasion, had what seemed like a long wait for my Martini while others got their drink, turns out they had run out of lychee nuts and had sent a waiter to get some so they could make my drink. The reason I found out why the delay was the waiter when returning to the bar stopped to apologize for the delay.

at Qsuine both of us were originally charged for 2 each. huh. then a mysterious 10.60 charge for wine which i was told was above my package. Which was removed b/c there's no way I ordered or was told there was an upcharge and was never asked to sign for it. Guest Services emails Qsuine and it was removed. but really -- Q seems to be a bit unorganized/undertrained.

Past Eclipse cruise my CC was charged in MXN$ when I do the online check-in I marked to be charged in USCy$, also I signed in the Xpress pass. Celebrity exchange rate is higher

I usually make a point of stopping by the guest relations desk after boarding to make sure that they are charging me in $US; it never hurts to double-check.

I had the same issue with a charge for wine tasting. I went to guest relations and was told that I signed for it. They were giving me a hard time, and the representative was rude. When I wanted to see the signed receipt, they refunded me the amount after talking to a supervisor. After that incident, I checked the account balance nightly.

We had a somewhat similar problem last year. We did not get all of the OBC that we were entitled to receive. On board, their records showed one thing...they said they would contact Miami. They did not. Bottom line...when we return from the cruise, we contacted Miami and they agreed that we were to get $XX OBC. They had to wait got the ship accounts to arrive in Miami. We did book another cruise and NOW we have $800OBC. We most definitely will take our paperwork with us and will demand that the ship call Miami IF the OBC does not show up for our next cruise.

the sad truth is, when you get off the ship, 8 times out of 10 your onboard account has been screwed up. however the celebrity One Touch department at 8444186824 handles folio disputes, and the agents are allowed to refund up to $250 without approval. FYI

We must be lucky because in all our cruises we have never had an issue with our account. We must be the 20% and I'm fine with that.