Lunch 1st day on Ruby

ap0805

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since we were on Ruby. Wondering if they still offer lunch from 12-1:30 in the Da Vinci ? Or any other place but not looking for buffet.

Lunch (almost) always in one of the MDRs. There have been occasional reports of "no lunch", but that's usually a one-off due to training or a special party.

Lunch also available at Alfredo's (if a ship has one), the pizza place (personal opinion...yuck), the hamburger/hot dog grill and International Cafe (if the ship has one).

The Ruby has an IC, but no Alfredo's.

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since we were on Ruby. Wondering if they still offer lunch from 12-1:30 in the Da Vinci ? Or any other place but not looking for buffet.

Thank you for any assistance.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Yes, 1 DR, usually Da Vinchi on the Ruby, is usually open for lunch noon to 1:30

Other places open include, Horizon Ct. buffet, International Cafe, Trident Grill, Prego's Pizza. Someone mentioned Alfredo's. There is no Alfredo's on the Ruby.

If you ask crew and they try to tell you that no dining room is open, do not believe them! I don't know why this is done, but we have had them openly lie to us and try to direct us to the buffet. Insist on knowing or check out the MDRs for yourself before accepting that no room is open.

If you ask crew and they try to tell you that no dining room is open' date=' do not believe them! I don't know why this is done, but we have had them openly lie to us and try to direct us to the buffet. Insist on knowing or check out the MDRs for yourself before accepting that no room is open.[/quote']

They may not be lying, may just not know about it.

I was on one cruise and when I mentioned to an experienced CD that we ate lunch in the dining room on embarkation day he was very surprised. He had no idea it was available even though it was his staff that puts on the Patter which lists it as being available.

So if an experienced CD does not know about it, the staff directing you elsewhere may also not know about it.

They may not be lying, may just not know about it.

I was on one cruise and when I mentioned to an experienced CD that we ate lunch in the dining room on embarkation day he was very surprised. He had no idea it was available even though it was his staff that puts on the Patter which lists it as being available.

So if an experienced CD does not know about it, the staff directing you elsewhere may also not know about it.

After all of these years all crew and CD’s should know about lunch in the MDR. If not, then it is Princess’s fault for not properly training their staff.