Suitcase storage

Tx2Ia

For our Alaska cruise on the Noordam in September, where do we store our luggage once we unpack? Is there room in the closet? I have heard in the past of cruises where they store the empty suitcases for you. Does HAL do this?

THanks everyone!

For our Alaska cruise on the Noordam in September, where do we store our luggage once we unpack? Is there room in the closet? I have heard in the past of cruises where they store the empty suitcases for you. Does HAL do this?
There's enough room under the bed for two large and a couple of small bags. And you can put small bags inside empty large ones. And you can put one medium one in each closet. I've heard that stewards will store them if you ask, but we've never needed to.

edit: I just saw your other posts saying you are four people in an inside. Ask the steward to store what you can't stash someplace!

Edited by catl331

Under the bed is great and we bring the largest suitcases the airlines allow. Best thing is when you have a cruise that has several climate zones - you can store what you don't need right away and then pull it out when you do. Voyage of the Vikings went from the windswept Greenland fijords to Rotterdam in August. We needed two sets of clothing.

I used to use an extra deep, oversize suitcase. Loved it! It held a lot of 'stuff', but alas, it wouldn't fit under the bed.

The steward always stored it for me, then brought it back when it was time to pack for home. All I had to do was ask.

There is a brand I used to use called Tutto that was a very large bin with a rigid outer frame that also collapses by unlocking the frame so it can be folded down flat, along with a large rolling duffle bag for soft items that also flattened out so both very easily went under the bed. https://www.tuttocases.com/products/tutto-28-large-pullman

Then I discovered the very lightweight IT brand that I actually now fill up before I reach my 50# limit. I was worried it might not fit under the bed, but it does ...so far. I heard they were changing the heights of the beds after some dry docks? Anyone run into problems with this?

We always store our luggage under the bed. I don't believe they will store it for you.

On Grand voyages they will. On the 2017 WC they used Club Hal for luggage storage as there were only one our two children onboard.

This all sounds like great advice! We will try storing and then ask the steward for help if we need it. Are there drawers to use for unpacking?

Cindy

Yes, there are several drawers in the cabins depending on the size of your cabin - two night stands with drawers, several banks of drawers at the desk/TV area, some shelves in the cabin, two large drawers at the foot of the bed -sometimes shared with cabin bedding items, some shelves in the hall closets for stacking items and shelves in the bathrooms.

I still over-pack for our trips but have always found suitable space for everything I bring. In Neptune suites there are actually so many drawers, we never even use them all. One thing I either bring or request from the room steward are the very flimsy metal coat hangers, so I can hang more items on the closet poles than the standard thicker wooden and quilted ones they provide.

My ideal packing scenario is to have everything already packed on those flimsy metal hangers and all I have to do is hang everything up once in the cabin. I got some of those also flimsy foam hanger covers to keep items more snug and not slip around. But often weight and space gets me shaving out the last ounces before I leave so the pre-hung hangers are the first to go if it is a longer cruise - but this works best for me on shorter cruises.

On our last cruise when I went to slide the suitcase under the bed it didn't quite fit. I lifted the bedframe just slightly and in the case went. There was a very small lip to the frame but once under the bed you didn't notice that there was a case there.