Thinking of not getting off in St Petersberg!!!!!

kcdcac13

If you sail into Stockholm, which is likely not to be the case on NCL at present.
I was replying to kittylover who said their next stop was Stockholm,never mind hopefully anyone reading who has a stop in Stockholm will take note of the scenic sail in.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I was replying to kittylover who said their next stop was Stockholm,never mind hopefully anyone reading who has a stop in Stockholm will take note of the scenic sail in.

You misunderstand.

NCL ships are generally docking in Nynashamn these days for the Stockholm stop. No sail through the archipelago, just a bus or train transfer.

Oh please [emoji849], then the next stop is Stockholm where you see how a society can be prosperous and enjoy liberties as we do, while having the government ensure the welfare of all. It’s not a black and white world. I was in communist Poland the same year you had you visit to the USSR and did not come away with the same lesson

Poland was not part of the USSR so of course your experience was different. While it was behind the Iron Curtain it still was not part of the USSR. Poland had its own leadership. As did Yugoslavia Romania Checkoslovakia etc.

Of course if you had visited Ukraine Latvia Georgia at the time I did your experience would have been like mine

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh please [emoji849], then the next stop is Stockholm where you see how a society can be prosperous and enjoy liberties as we do, while having the government ensure the welfare of all. It’s not a black and white world. I was in communist Poland the same year you had you visit to the USSR and did not come away with the same lesson

I'm not sure comparing a country of 10 million to a country of over 300 million is a good example

You misunderstand.

NCL ships are generally docking in Nynashamn these days for the Stockholm stop. No sail through the archipelago, just a bus or train transfer.

Ok thanks i thought all the cruise lines sailed in the same way.

We have sailed 3 times on NCL but we were on RCCL not NCL when we sailed into Stockholm and it was stunning and a big miss for NCL passengers.

Poland was not part of the USSR so of course your experience was different. While it was behind the Iron Curtain it still was not part of the USSR. Poland had its own leadership. As did Yugoslavia Romania Checkoslovakia etc.

Of course if you had visited Ukraine Latvia Georgia at the time I did your experience would have been like mine

Her point was that there are many functioning societies that are in between the Capitalism model of US and the Communist model of the former USSR.

In fact the countries consistently rated the best place to live have a lot of public welfare programs that the US does not. Who knew , but life is more pleasant with a strong middle class, high economic mobility, lowered child and mother mortality, and a very progressive tax structure along with shared community benefit from natural resource extraction to pay for all of it.

You can even see the principle working in the US with CA, MA, MN. CA (a relatively high tax state with a functioning Obamacare market) is now the fifth largest economy in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally missing my point, but apparently you have a completely different world view than I do, so there’s no point debating with you! By the way you have no idea wha5 I might have experienced in Poland vs hour 3xperience in USSR, but I imagine it was more similar than you’re thinking.

Her point was that there are many functioning societies that are in between the Capitalism model of US and the Communist model of the former USSR.

In fact the countries consistently rated the best place to live have a lot of public welfare programs that the US does not. Who knew , but life is more pleasant with a strong middle class, high economic mobility, lowered child and mother mortality, and a very progressive tax structure along with shared community benefit from natural resource extraction to pay for all of it.

You can even see the principle working in the US with CA, MA, MN. CA (a relatively high tax state with a functioning Obamacare market) is now the fifth largest economy in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you GenXGirl, exactly. I suppose we GenX-ers are more likely to think alike.

Yes, correct we will not sail directly into Stockholm, but will be able to visit it anyway. my post was in response to Maggie’s, since she turned it into a political commentary (and an insult to us who are “snowflakes”)

Totally missing my point, but apparently you have a completely different world view than I do, so there’s no point debating with you! By the way you have no idea wha5 I might have experienced in Poland vs hour 3xperience in USSR, but I imagine it was more similar than you’re thinking.

My experience in the USSR was 10 days

Totally missing my point, but apparently you have a completely different world view than I do, so there’s no point debating with you! By the way you have no idea what I might have experienced in Poland vs your experience in USSR, but I imagine it was more similar than you’re thinking.

Sorry for the typos, corrected here

Yes, correct we will not sail directly into Stockholm, but will be able to visit it anyway. my post was in response to Maggie’s, since she turned it into a political commentary (and an insult to us who are “snowflakes”)
Gamla Stan the old town of Stockholm was very interesting.

Hope you have a great visit.

I am going to suggest a TJ two day tour of SPb. They do small (10-12) groups and skip all lines, and are cheaper and cover much more than the ship excursions. Our guide shared so much history and special tidbits. I do hope you reconsider this wonderful opportunity!

I am going to suggest a TJ two day tour of SPb. They do small (10-12) groups and skip all lines, and are cheaper and cover much more than the ship excursions. Our guide shared so much history and special tidbits. I do hope you reconsider this wonderful opportunity!
I agree it is a fantastic city and a big mistake to not see it if you are there.

Maybe do what i did and dont wear a polo RL shirt with a United States or Great Britain logo on it.

Personally I think if you never been to St Petersburg then try and see some of it as it is a very beautiful city with much to offer. Private tours would be the way to go so you don't feel you are just being led in a huge group from place to place. Plus visas will be provided by them. But it is a personal choice. See what tours they are that suit your family.

We were lucky to spend a week there on holiday five years ago so for us when we cruise this month we will be staying on the ship. Don't be put off as we never felt unsafe wandering around on our own. Plus if you are in a tour group they won't allow that to happen.

Whatever you decide it is your holiday. Each to their own. But the answer to your question is you won't be the only ones on the ship. There will be other people about. Not everyone leaves whenever the ship is in a port.