Considering NCL SKY for quick 3 day....Questions???

So I have never cruised on NCL and mostly been on Carnival and Royal.....This cruise caught my attention due to the dates working out perfectly and it state free open bar! Now can someone confirm that this is truly free open bar and if all drinks are included? restrictions? And what type of shape is the sky currently in? Any insight would help me! Thanks

All drinks $15 and under are included. If a drink is over $15, you pay the difference plus 20% on the difference. No daily limit but bartenders can/will refuse to serve the inebriated.

Sky is old but was recently refurbished (someone else will remember when).

The DSC is higher for Sky ($19.99pppd for non-suites/$22.99 pppd for suites).

Sailed the Sky in 2016 with the free open bar and had a great time! It was an open bar; however, some of the more commonly requested fruity drinks were pre-mixed in big blenders or pitchers for quicker service. The mojitos, for instance, in the bigger pitcher didn't look all that appealing so we avoided those. We were able to pretty much get anything we requested.

I've sailed the Sky twice and it always seems to be in good shape, though it has been 2 years and someone who's sailed more recently may have a different opinion.

If the dates align for you, I don't think you can go wrong with the Sky. Have fun!

So I have never cruised on NCL and mostly been on Carnival and Royal.....This cruise caught my attention due to the dates working out perfectly and it state free open bar! Now can someone confirm that this is truly free open bar and if all drinks are included? restrictions? And what type of shape is the sky currently in? Any insight would help me! Thanks

The following link is from a recent 3 day on the Sky. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2539744

Many start at the top of the drink menu and work down. Try the drinks you would never pay for at a local bar. GREAT FUN!

Then move to the Mojito bar and move down the mojito list.

The ship still has Hawaiian decor from the days it sailed the Hawaiian Islands as the Pride of Aloha. It is in ok shape.

We did the 3 day weekend cruise about a month ago. The ship itself was in good shape, the food was good (not great) but the crew was friendly and helpful. Never waited exceptionally long for a drink and they had a fair variety of brands to choose from.

GO FOR IT.